Off the Rarity Charts - [SA] 1939 M/38

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
Rongo
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Off the Rarity Charts - [SA] 1939 M/38

Post by Rongo »

It should be there no question. :Finland:
"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it". Mark Twain

"Dang that entropy"
martin08

Post by martin08 »

I'm now just trying to wrap my mind around how desirable these guns can be...

... this one was a cut above mine, as it was matching, but at $2,050.00 plus shipping, it makes my investment sit rather pretty. :shock:

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewIt ... =270950429
No words of wisdom come to mind at this time....
Izhevsk762

Post by Izhevsk762 »

martin08 wrote:I'm now just trying to wrap my mind around how desirable these guns can be...

... this one was a cut above mine, as it was matching, but at $2,050.00 plus shipping, it makes my investment sit rather pretty. :shock:

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewIt ... =270950429
Heh, beat you to it martin! :tongue:
The user formerly known as mosinnagantm9130
BuckeyeSgt

Post by BuckeyeSgt »

Well I don't guess I'd ask ya if you want to sell it to me now. :lol: :lol:
Некто кроме нас
US Army 90-94 98G Russian
Army Reserves 94-98 37F
Miller Tyme
PE - PEM - PU
PE - PEM - PU

Post by Miller Tyme »

Well Martin I guess we know how you are going to finance your retirement.... :Drool1:

Very nice, bet you watched that auction just to see what your little gem is now worth.
On a side note it is nice to see MN's getting the respect among collectors they deserve, but the flip side is the good old days of cheap collectables is going fast. :toast:
“The only real power comes out of a long rifle" - Joseph Stalin
martin08

Post by martin08 »

Miller Tyme wrote: Well Martin I guess we know how you are going to finance your retirement.... :Drool1:

Very nice, bet you watched that auction just to see what your little gem is now worth.
On a side note it is nice to see MN's getting the respect among collectors they deserve, but the flip side is the good old days of cheap collectables is going fast. :toast:
I was watching with interest, and bidding with reserve.

The one in the auction was in a class above mine. I don't have the "matching numbers" magic. But I know that it will take a mighty sweet offer to pry it out of the vault.
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Why does everybody bring up "sell milsurps" and "retirement" in the same sentence? What will I have left to do when I retire if I sold all my toys?
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
pacanis

Post by pacanis »

Junk Yard Dog wrote:Why does everybody bring up "sell milsurps" and "retirement" in the same sentence? What will I have left to do when I retire if I sold all my toys?
:thumbsup: I'm with you.
You see in this world there are two kinds of people my friend, those with loaded guns... and those who dig. You dig.
desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

I am on the side of buying milsurps and retired. I guess i am doing it backwards :vconfused:
The commerce which maybe carried on with the people inhabiting the line you will pursue renders a knowledge of these people important ~Thomas Jefferson~ (to- Lewis and Clark)
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

I just don't want to end up one of them old farts sitting on the porch all day waving at passing cars , or waxing my car for the 386th time because I have absolutely nothing else to do. I want to be the old fart who yells "get off my lawn" and people do because they know me as the crazy old fart with all the Garands :)

Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
pacanis

Post by pacanis »

Yeah, but 'ol Clint only had to remember 30-06.
I imagine someone will come in here and take away my ammo before I get rid of my guns... when I can't remember the difference between 6.5x55 and 7.65x53, or 7.92x57 and 8mm Mauser... err wait, there isn't a difference between those two. I should get myself some of those colored dots and color code my ammo to the rifle that shoots it :tongue:
You see in this world there are two kinds of people my friend, those with loaded guns... and those who dig. You dig.
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Post it notes work for me, got them up all over the place, here's one right here on the door " put on pants before leaving" :)
Theodore Roosevelt
Rongo
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Rongo »

Junk Yard Dog wrote:Post it notes work for me, got them up all over the place, here's one right here on the door " put on pants before leaving" :)
:big laugh:

What makes that funny is there's a VERY valid & real reason that note is there. Did we actually go to the market in our Skivvies or not? :lol: :lol: :lol:
"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it". Mark Twain

"Dang that entropy"
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Not yet, that's why the note is there, also so the car keys and speed loaders are in my pockets, if I rush out to deal with a midnight noise and forget my pants I could have problems. There is another one on the bedside lamp shade " remember the revolver, and shotgun :)
I need to get a friend of mine some of the note pads, last month we were heading up north for a gathering of friends at another friends place. We stop to grab some junk food at the local supermarket, we were in there 10 minutes before I realized he was wearing pyjama bottoms for pants. He had been napping before he left his house, and guess were his wallet was? Yea, I got stuck with that bill. I asked loudly from the other end of an isle why he was wearing his PJ's, half the store turns to look, a little kid is pointing and laughing, his face was beet red. It's a bitch when the memory goes.
Theodore Roosevelt
pacanis

Post by pacanis »

:lol: Your buddy could be from my town :lol:
martin08

Post by martin08 »

Birthday coming up next month. No further comment.
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Well, I will see about picking up some of the stick on note pads, just let me know were to send them Martin :lol: that should be one of the easier birthday requests I have been asked to fill. :lol:
Theodore Roosevelt
martin08

Post by martin08 »

Junk Yard Dog wrote:Well, I will see about picking up some of the stick on note pads, just let me know were to send them Martin :lol: that should be one of the easier birthday requests I have been asked to fill. :lol:
If you think they will help. Please send them.
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

:lol: :lol: :lol: Well, they help me when I remember to read them :biggrin:
Theodore Roosevelt
audadvnc

Post by audadvnc »

My partner is a caregiver for a guy with complete short term memory loss, resultant from a brain aneurism years ago. He can't remember anybody's name from yesterday. But on the bright side, he makes new friends every day!