Russia Halts Soviet Ammo Exports

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
jimpierce7

Re: Russia Halts Soviet Ammo Exports

Post by jimpierce7 »

at the rate I go through ammo I'm going to need more. Lots more!! But I have enough for now.........
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Ironnewt wrote:
Junk Yard Dog wrote:It's been five years at least since I fired any 7.62x39
Did you go through withdrawl? Night sweats? Are your 7.62x39 firearms all jealous of that Ruger you bust loose with occasionally?
I just don't shoot Ak and SKS type rifles much, too modern for me.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
Hammer22801

Post by Hammer22801 »

This reminds me of the folks on GB and other places buy bricks or .22 for $150-$250 during the panic last winter/summer from people who probably paid around $20 or less for that brick.

I could have a nice nest egg to buy guns with if I had a stash back then.

Wonder if those same people are kicking themselves now that .22 is popping up daily online and semi weekly at cabelas and walmart.
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

They are still cleaning out the .22 when it shows up, or so I am told.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
Joeinthehills

Post by Joeinthehills »

Oh well, then I guess that my 8th case of 54r that is on back order that was scheduled to shipped on 7-APR-14 from TSG might be later. :biggrin:

Just waiting until CMP starts getting in the 5K bricks again, then it's off to the races w/ the new CZ and Mueller 8x32x44. The crows won't stand a chance.:-)
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

I have enough black powder, flints, and lead for casting musket balls to shoot for decades. In fact I have 1237 .75 musket balls cast and ready to go, plus 1100 or so .69's
Theodore Roosevelt
clayshooter2

Post by clayshooter2 »

Pip6214 wrote:Apparently, its nothing but a rumor.
http://www.thebangswitch.com/is-the-x39 ... to-an-end/
Yeah, I read the same thing on another site.
http://bearingarms.com/russian-ammuniti ... are-bogus/
Joeinthehills

Post by Joeinthehills »

I guess that I'll have to break down and get a XXL shooting coat because my XL seems to have shrunk, owing to the cotton fibers, and other contributors.

I'll need a new coat because in order to shoot all of the 7.62 X (51, 54r, 63) my shoulder could be blown out; not counting the Turk 8mm (damn that stuff was cheap in it's day :bwink:). And I bought a bunch...

The 5.56 X 45 isn't a worry cause little girls can pop it off all day long in short sleeves.
Titanium Hammer

Post by Titanium Hammer »

[quote="Joeinthehills"]Oh well, then I guess that my 8th case of 54r that is on back order that was scheduled to shipped on 7-APR-14 from TSG might be later. :biggrin:
[quote]
That's strange Joe, I just ordered two cases from TSG last night and they shipped today.
As for Putin halting ammunition exports, I'm with the rest of you guys that it makes no sense for him to do such a stupid thing. All it does is cut his revenue, piss off his oligarchs who own the munitions plants, increase Ukrainian munitions revenue, and help Obama with his gun control agenda.
Joeinthehills

Post by Joeinthehills »

Product Information:
1) 440 rds. 7.62x54R FMJ 149 Grain Ammo (Product: WX2-20331)
You must be 18 years of age to purchase this item.
Expected availability: April 7, 2014.
Quantity: 2, Unit Price: $93.09, Total Price: $186.18

That's the message that I received. :angry4:
Being back ordered, Not Russian or Bulgarian, but from another source, which I wanted to try.
vblue42

Post by vblue42 »

According to the owner of Wolf whats being said about Russia halting ammo is NOT true. Even if it does happen, they import ammo from various other countries besides Russia. So even if it happens supplies won't be affected as much as people think. That on the other hand is going to be the problem..........panic buying drying up the supply and the price. Don't subscribe to the hype and stay calm and everything will be fine.
'56 SHE VZ52
'46 Izhevsk M44 Mosin Carbine
'44 Finnish VKT M39 Mosin
'40 Tula 91/30 Finn Capture
'44 K98 Mauser (Yugo Rework)
'43 Swiss K31
'45 Springfield M1 Garand
'43 Remington 1903A3
'43 Long Branch No.4 Mk.1*
'58 Madsen M47
VZ58 Folder With Beaver Barf
New Frontier/KAK AR15 5.56mm
Smith & Wesson M&P9
s1120

Post by s1120 »

The only retailer that I saw bring this up was CTD. I did not look at their prices on 54r, but I bet along with the new they shared, there was a price increase....
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

s1120 wrote:The only retailer that I saw bring this up was CTD. I did not look at their prices on 54r, but I bet along with the new they shared, there was a price increase....
Welcome to the board.

With problems going on in that region it's possible ammo shipments may halt. chances are this will be resolved with minimal fuss and it will be back to business as usual. The worst case scenario is of course global thermonuclear war prompted by escalations caused by as yet unforeseen events. If that's the case who cares about what happens to the surplus ammo so don't waste time worrying about it.
Theodore Roosevelt
4095fanatic

Post by 4095fanatic »

Seems most of the 54r ammo I find that's on the lower end of price is non-Russian. While cutting off Russian supplies (if it happens, which it hasn't so far) might make other prices rise slightly, as long as people stop disseminating this and there isn't a rush of panic buying resulting in an artificial inflation of prices we should be alright.
jimpierce7

Post by jimpierce7 »

I really like the new crate I got. The ammo is surely awesome too. But I really like the crate. The hasp thingy. (yes, I said thingy!) The hinges won't last long before metal fatigue snaps them but still. It's cool!
Chiroptile

Post by Chiroptile »

Went to a gun show earlier today (My first gun show ever, by the way! Pretty exciting stuff..) Saw a Russian spam can for sale for 180 dollars! That's more than twice what I paid for a crate of two from an online vendor. Ended up getting a couple of 20-count boxes of non-corrosive stuff in steel cases and some stripper clips. Does this Non-C stuff really not require the thorough religious post-range clean session? I've read some accounts that even if it says it isn't corrosive on the box, it usually is.
Longcolt44
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Longcolt44 »

Chiroptile wrote:Went to a gun show earlier today (My first gun show ever, by the way! Pretty exciting stuff..) Saw a Russian spam can for sale for 180 dollars! That's more than twice what I paid for a crate of two from an online vendor. Ended up getting a couple of 20-count boxes of non-corrosive stuff in steel cases and some stripper clips. Does this Non-C stuff really not require the thorough religious post-range clean session? I've read some accounts that even if it says it isn't corrosive on the box, it usually is.
You still have to clean them, you just skip one process.
FREEDOM...USE IT OR LOSE IT!!
Mike

Post by Mike »

This rumour may not be true but it looks like the panic may be starting, around here at least. A friend texted me today, he was looking for ammo and stores that were stocked with Tula a couple of days ago are now out of everything.
1932 Izhevsk M91/30
1940 Tula M91/30
1941 Tula Nagant Revolver
1942 Tikka M91
1943 Izhevsk M91/30
1944 Izhevsk M44
1952 Polish M44
1954 Chinese T53
WeldonHunter

Post by WeldonHunter »

Mike wrote:This rumour may not be true but it looks like the panic may be starting, around here at least. A friend texted me today, he was looking for ammo and stores that were stocked with Tula a couple of days ago are now out of everything.
Mike it's already going. Sam at SGAmmo told me he sold 4,000,000rds of 7.62x39 alone this week. Just about everything he had in that caliber is gone besides the high dollar brass cased stuff. The biggest push for a caliber he's seen so far. All based on pure and utter BS.
Buckhead

Post by Buckhead »

Well we all know all it takes is one of the Scalpers to get on these gun sights and and start a Bull shit roomer like this and the Idiots buyinto it.
Then they all run out and start panic buying. Well I am not buying in to it. I have enough to last a while and even if I didn't I would just sit it out. :2cents: