What is a new, unissued Polish M44 worth these days?

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
JER

Re: What is a new, unissued Polish M44 worth these days?

Post by JER »

$300? :shock: They are worth the $90 I paid for mine, or at least that is what I would pay for another :lol: I don't like paying big money for things, then it becomes about the money, not the joy of owning a piece of history.[/quote]

Make it hurt, Junk Yard Dog... $90.00 :pointleft: ....sheesh . I thought I did good when they were around $200.00. Anyway, definitive proof that collectables are a "well known secret" investment... and, the weird part is, unintentionally so at least until the last 25 years give or take.....I picked up a Polish M44 to expand my brief MN collection, and look how they've taken off.
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

JER wrote:$300? :shock: They are worth the $90 I paid for mine, or at least that is what I would pay for another :lol: I don't like paying big money for things, then it becomes about the money, not the joy of owning a piece of history.
Make it hurt, Junk Yard Dog... $90.00 :pointleft: ....sheesh . I thought I did good when they were around $200.00. Anyway, definitive proof that collectables are a "well known secret" investment... and, the weird part is, unintentionally so at least until the last 25 years give or take.....I picked up a Polish M44 to expand my brief MN collection, and look how they've taken off.[/quote]
Trust me, I would gladly pay a full grand for one, even two, if it meant I could be 20 years younger :lol: Friend owned a shop back then, he gave me good deals, but at the time there was not a big demand for commie weapons yet.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
davesstuff1

Post by davesstuff1 »

These guys that say you should not pay more than $300.00 are living in La La Land... Try to get it for less, however if you have the money and you really - really - really want it buy it!!!... Five years from know it will be worth much more... ALWAYS BE GOOD TO YOURSELF :pointleft: :pointleft: :pointleft:
David M Gellatly
Savannah, GA. 31419
gellatlydave@yahoo.com
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

It's just money and you only live once :) Spoken by someone who already has one :lol:
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt