Steyr M95

All collectible military bolt rifles are discussed here. From all countries around the world.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. Please read the rules at the top of each forum.
Buckhead

Re: Steyr M95

Post by Buckhead »

That's another story, the long rifle is harder to find and much more expensive.
Buckhead

Post by Buckhead »

Went to Gander this afternoon to look around. They had an M 95 Steyr they wanted $ 349.00 for it. I don't know what they are going for but I think that was high.
Funny part was when the sales man tried to cock it he couldn't get it open. When I showed him how he couldn't believe it. Guy standing next to me never saw any thing like it ether. If I am not mistaken I think the Swiss Schmidt Rubin K31 is a straight pull bolt.
desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

350 for a m95 carbine is about 250 too high. For a long rifle i would say 300 ish. All Schmidts are straight pulls. m89 m96 m11 k11 k31. :thumbsup:
The commerce which maybe carried on with the people inhabiting the line you will pursue renders a knowledge of these people important ~Thomas Jefferson~ (to- Lewis and Clark)
jreeder41

Post by jreeder41 »

I bought the carbine from J&G, now I wish I had bought the long rifle too.
bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bunkysdad »

The long rifle is what I am hoping for. I need to find one or three.
mojotrain1

Post by mojotrain1 »

Buckhead wrote::thumbsup: :vcool:
Yes they are good little shooters. Privy makes ammo for them but I haven't seen any around lately always sold out .
I would like to pick up one or two more of them while they are still cheep. Grab some extractors when they come available again it is always good to gave a couple spares.
Thanks for the flag. I didn't know to expect extractor problems. Can you give directions to a supplier who handles these when they are available.
Buckhead

Post by Buckhead »

mojotrain1 wrote:
Buckhead wrote::thumbsup: :vcool:
Yes they are good little shooters. Privy makes ammo for them but I haven't seen any around lately always sold out .
I would like to pick up one or two more of them while they are still cheep. Grab some extractors when they come available again it is always good to gave a couple spares.
Thanks for the flag. I didn't know to expect extractor problems. Can you give directions to a supplier who handles these when they are available.
If I am not mistaken I think it was Liberty Tree I know the don't have any now tho.
mojotrain1

Post by mojotrain1 »

Thanks, I at least know to look for one.
Submerge

Post by Submerge »

Most definitely look for the long version. They are a bit easier to shoot (from a recoil management standpoint). For the short rifle just have a real good cheek weld so you don't get popped.

I still have a few hundred rounds of the Nazi ammo that I'm not going to shoot any more. I bought a lot of reloading components when they were on sale a few years back, so I'm set for a while with that caliber.

Beware when reloading. I used a middle load to start (newer Speer manual). Recoil was intense, and the primers were flattened. Had to reduce by about 5% to stop this. So I recommend using starting loads as they are listed when you start (duh, huh?).
AdanacDJM

Post by AdanacDJM »

Hi - I'm from northern Alberta, Canada and for the Steyr M95 short rifle the going price around these parts is $150-200 shipped. Debating grabbing a short rifle haven't found a long one north of the border.