just a little advice

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
Rongo
Administrator
Administrator

Re: just a little advice

Post by Rongo »

pacanis wrote:There's a tool by Microsoft, called power tools or something, that will allow you to rt click any pic on your computer and have the option to resize it. Very simple and a free download. I can try to track the exact name down if anyone is interested. I have it on all my PCs.
This sounds interesting. I might have to play with this.

I personally love using Adobe Photoshop. Allows me to crop the photo's, resize & a myriad of other tools I have no idea how to use. Mine is an older version but it still works on my new PC.
"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it". Mark Twain

"Dang that entropy"
Rongo
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Rongo »

Junk Yard Dog wrote:I have no idea what the hell you boys are going on about. What kind of camera are you going to get Pop's? Don't go cheap, get something nice from Nikon or Canon I can recommend the Canon 50D DSLR, or the powershot A780, or is it 760, I forget.
Exactly. Don't go cheap. I have a nice Fuji & it works very good but I wouldn't mind upgrading soon.
"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it". Mark Twain

"Dang that entropy"
pacanis

Post by pacanis »

Rongoman wrote:This sounds interesting. I might have to play with this.

I personally love using Adobe Photoshop. Allows me to crop the photo's, resize & a myriad of other tools I have no idea how to use. Mine is an older version but it still works on my new PC.
I loved the old MS photo editor. I don't know why they got rid of it. Very simple to brighten or darken the image and resize it. It's a PITA using Paint, IMO. That's when I found this http://download.cnet.com/Image-Resizer- ... 05400.html
I think they have it for 7 and Vista now, too. Like I said, nothing to open. Just rt click and choose the resize option. Then choose the size you want. It saves it right alongside the original image with the same name and a (small) next to it.
You see in this world there are two kinds of people my friend, those with loaded guns... and those who dig. You dig.
pacanis

Post by pacanis »

My ten year old Sony takes better closeups than my newer Canon Powershot, but the editing software is a pain. I love Canon's Browser EX software or whatever it's called.
You see in this world there are two kinds of people my friend, those with loaded guns... and those who dig. You dig.
popgun

Post by popgun »

jyd i bet that would cost me the price of a mosin that my son kidnapped. popgun :pop: :pop: :popgun: :popgun:
Jumperwire
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Jumperwire »

That right click thing is so easy. Even a cave man can do it. :D
MN Fan

Post by MN Fan »

(lol, just noticed the typo! Oh well, not gonna fix it now! That's what I get for talking to 3 kids and dog at the same time :) )
Cocked, locked and ready to rock...