She's Going to Kill Me In My Sleep

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
wingspar

Re: She's Going to Kill Me In My Sleep

Post by wingspar »

Synack wrote:It could be "worse."
If my math is right, you have 14,080 rounds piled up there. Due to arthritis in my neck, I’m a little recoil sensitive, so just one of those tins would last me for a very long time.

I’d like to have one or two of those wooden crates for photo props.
Gary
WIll Fly for Food... and More Ammo
qz2026

Post by qz2026 »

Junk Yard Dog wrote:Looks like you have the ammo stacked in a kitchen, why is it not in an ammo bunker? Safer, and keeps it out of sight of prying eyes. People see shit and then they know too much.
I hear you. I have to drive my wife down south in the state for a Cardiac appointment next week and will probably have to stay the night down there. I was concerned about keeping the dehumidifiers emptied and she said "just have the neighbors empty them for you". Yeah right. I don't trust any snooping eyes down there period even some members of the family. So, they may have to be in 70% for a day. Lucky it isn't as humid now as it was just a month ago.
wingspar

Post by wingspar »

zeebill wrote:Only problem I have ever had when I use to buy from Sportsmans Guide was they will substitute from time to time on ammo. Most times it comes out in your favor but dangit when I order a specific thing that is what I want not a surprize item. I have not bought ammo online for many years because it is logged somewhere that the government can get to that you bought it. The old Big Brother is watching syndrone still lives here! Or maybe I should say the NSA is watching? Had an infestation of those little gnats or flies awhile back and was telling a buddy about them over the phone. He went into his best twilight zone voice and said NSA drones and hung up! Man I have crazy friends! Bill :lol:
The heck with the govt. I’m starting to wonder what the UPS driver is thinking. :mrgreen:
Gary
WIll Fly for Food... and More Ammo
gurn

Post by gurn »

Gsragtop wrote:I'm always debating, buy the rifle or buy the ammo.. So far the rifle has won every time, but I think I may have to switch over soon..
I always just buy what I can get a deal on. Guns or ammo each have the same chance with me. I like being the first at gun shows where I can run around to the small timers and gather up the few boxes they have at a good price. Also will find bags of ammo that way. :thumbsup:
Sé onr sverdar sitja hvass! - May your swords stay sharp!
WeldonHunter

Post by WeldonHunter »

The codes to get free shipping on orders over $49 is SH997 and is good until Oct. 1st or for orders over $75 it's SH1099 until Oct 2nd or SH785 which has no purchase limit and is good until Oct. 15th for Sportsman's Guide.
gurn

Post by gurn »

I guess I should order a case for Halloween. :devil2:
Sé onr sverdar sitja hvass! - May your swords stay sharp!
Synack

Post by Synack »

I wish that was my stash :Drool1:. Classic Firearms posted that on Facebook a while ago. (I have only have one spam can myself... :oops: )
Obstreperous

Post by Obstreperous »

PSA (Palmetto)is selling water damaged 440 rd spam cans for $69.99
I sounds like they don't ship 2 in a crate or with an opener sometimes so if you order 2 cans Beware!
I have bought a lot of parts from PSA but never any 54r surplus from them before would this stuff be any good?
matt167

Post by matt167 »

It could be, or it could be a total bust.. The cans are rusted pretty bad. If they are leakers, then the ammo is compromised. The non return policy is a no go for me unless they would allow a return if the can was visibly compromised. That still is $20+ ship cost to return if they would allow it, and it reads as if they would tell you to pound salt..

As it is for me, shipping would be $20, so $90 total price, and Sportsmans guide is getting $95 with free shipping for the same thing without water damage. If the damaged cans were $49.99 and they would allow return of an unopened can, then it just might be worth it.
Ironnewt

Post by Ironnewt »

matt167 wrote:It could be, or it could be a total bust.. The cans are rusted pretty bad. If they are leakers, then the ammo is compromised. The non return policy is a no go for me unless they would allow a return if the can was visibly compromised. That still is $20+ ship cost to return if they would allow it, and it reads as if they would tell you to pound salt..

As it is for me, shipping would be $20, so $90 total price, and Sportsmans guide is getting $95 with free shipping for the same thing without water damage. If the damaged cans were $49.99 and they would allow return of an unopened can, then it just might be worth it.
Even though that isn't a bad price and the ammunition MAY be fine, I'd hit a gunshow and not have to worry about shipping.
Damn, I'll bet that's going to leave a mark! Probably hurt too!
"I think Congressmen should wear uniforms,
you know, like NASCAR drivers, so we could
identify their corporate sponsors."

"When I die, I want to be facing my enemies surrounded by their dead bodies and piles of spent brass"
"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience." - Mark Twain

akguy1985

Post by akguy1985 »

Wish I had that much ammo! LOL
andrewd41

Post by andrewd41 »

Is that all :?: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I hope you have the floor reinforced. :chuckles: :chuckles: :chuckles: