sniper in the Syrian civil war

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
etprescottazusa91

Re: sniper in the Syrian civil war

Post by etprescottazusa91 »

I'm see a pretty F#%!'ed apartment building in that pic, that country has torn it'self apart and crossed some lines that civilized people do not cross, this can not turn out good no matter who prevails.
"Fast is fine, But accuracy is everything" Wyatt Earp

"This year will go down in history. For the first time, a civilized nation has full gun registration. Our streets will be safer, our police more efficient, and the world will follow our lead into the future!"
Adolph Hitler – 1933
Ironnewt

Post by Ironnewt »

I'll bet a dollar to a dog turd both of those photos were staged. :big shock:
Damn, I'll bet that's going to leave a mark! Probably hurt too!
"I think Congressmen should wear uniforms,
you know, like NASCAR drivers, so we could
identify their corporate sponsors."

"When I die, I want to be facing my enemies surrounded by their dead bodies and piles of spent brass"
"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience." - Mark Twain

Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

BenedictGomez wrote:
neorebel wrote:Nice cheek weld....lol....they're going to loose for sure,
If he pulls the trigger like that, he wont do it again a second time!

Junk Yard Dog wrote:He got rid of the commie optics, that shows some real smarts.
All it shows me is he knows it's not 1951 anymore.

Junk Yard Dog wrote: I bet that man knows how to use that rifle, if I was forced to take the PU to war I would be looking to swap out the antiquated second rate commie optics for a nice modern western style scope.
My shot in the dark is that it's a staged propaganda photo given how he's holding the rifle. He's not even remotely close to something resembling a firing position, so all his "scouring the landscape" is completely useless.
These are ALL publicity photos, the sniper, if that is what he is, would not be operating out in the open with a press crew following him around. Most of these guys are ex Syrian army, I believe they had national conscription over there so most males over the age of 17 would have been in for a year or two, they would have learned at least the basics of shooting a rifle while in service. In any event, they see the same stupid ass Hollywood movies we see, even an idiot could learn at least a few basics of shooting from that source alone.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

At least the man in the second photo is getting his exercise :)
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
kamakazi339

Post by kamakazi339 »

obviously staged. They are breaking about every fundamental ability of the sniper.... But hey they need the publicity
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

" Hey, Omar, stop polishing my boots, get over here, take my rifle, sit on that bike, make like you are going to shoot out that hole over there"
Theodore Roosevelt
bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bunkysdad »

The pics of the snipers may be staged, but the death and destruction is real. These guys aren't professionals. They are you or me if the circumstances were different.
soylentblue

Post by soylentblue »

Stopsign32v wrote:Saw this on the News last night. News said they are using AR15 style Mosin sniper rifles!!@!
Some of the terms I've heard and seen in the news recently:
"fully-semi-automatic assault rifle"
"semi-automatic machinegun"
"machinegun rifle"
"AR15 shotgun"
"AR15 machinegun"

and I still keep hearing about those high capacity clips, but I can't find one that holds more than five...
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

SKS clips hold 10
Theodore Roosevelt
BenedictGomez

Post by BenedictGomez »

Junk Yard Dog wrote:
= Most of these guys are ex Syrian army, I believe they had national conscription over there so most males over the age of 17 would have been in for a year or two, they would have learned at least the basics of shooting a rifle while in service. In any event, they see the same stupid ass Hollywood movies we see, even an idiot could learn at least a few basics of shooting from that source alone.
Apparently some of them didnt learn enough if you've seen that LiveLeaks Syrian sniper video (I'd post it, but it's pretty graphic and I dont know if the rules of this board allow for that sort of thing or not).
bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bunkysdad »

Yeah, thanks benedict, we sure don't want to post that.
WeldonHunter

Post by WeldonHunter »

Junk Yard Dog wrote:SKS clips hold 10
There's also .223/5.56 that comes on 10 rd clips. The 420rd ammo cans from Lake City come on 10rd clips and each can has a spoon/guide to clip on the magazine for loading them.
soylentblue

Post by soylentblue »

WeldonHunter wrote:
Junk Yard Dog wrote:SKS clips hold 10
There's also .223/5.56 that comes on 10 rd clips. The 420rd ammo cans from Lake City come on 10rd clips and each can has a spoon/guide to clip on the magazine for loading them.
Well, that's no good - Cuomo only let's me have 7 loaded at a time.