Yardsale Luger. Really!

All hand guns welcome and discussed here.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus handguns or discussions on altering in this forum (On Military firearms only). Please read the rules at the top of each forum.
gurn

Re: Yardsale Luger. Really!

Post by gurn »

Wow Martin you are the man! And what kind of bone head only offers $300 and walks away? I hope he got wise and went back after you left. I would have laughed my ass off at him. :chuckles:
Sé onr sverdar sitja hvass! - May your swords stay sharp!
finloq

Post by finloq »

I live in CA, so my last yard sale score was...crap.
"Self-realization. I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"
shoto2758

Post by shoto2758 »

Damn It...Your going to make me start stopping at yard sales now..
:devil2:
Do Not Think Of Winning.
Think,Rather,Of Not Losing

Gichin Funakoshi
entropy

Post by entropy »

Holy Shnikes, that's one of the holy grails of Luger collecting! :shock: Too bad about the condition, that knocks it down a bit. I never find anything gun related at yard sales. SWMBO found some fishing stuff at one yesterday, and I thought that was something.
"Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum." -Publius Flavius Vegetius Renatus

Murphy was an optimist.

A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an
invasion, butcher a hog, design a building, conn a ship, write a
sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the
dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve an
equation, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a
computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly.
Specialization is for insects - Robert A. Heinlien
Bareassmeagain

Post by Bareassmeagain »

I find it very amazing living in Ca, that you guys find guns laying on a table at yard sales. Really ? It was just laying on the table. And how long did you wait until you went back with the extra hundred ? as soon as someone else started looking at it :chuckles:
martin08

Post by martin08 »

Bareassmeagain wrote:I find it very amazing living in Ca, that you guys find guns laying on a table at yard sales. Really ? It was just laying on the table. And how long did you wait until you went back with the extra hundred ? as soon as someone else started looking at it :chuckles:
According to the sign, the yardsale began at 11 am. I didn't arrive until 4 pm. I'm not sure of the exact time that the $300 offer was refused, but I am surprised that no one else topped that offer in the 5 hours of lying on the open table.
No words of wisdom come to mind at this time....
gurn

Post by gurn »

martin08 wrote:
Bareassmeagain wrote:I find it very amazing living in Ca, that you guys find guns laying on a table at yard sales. Really ? It was just laying on the table. And how long did you wait until you went back with the extra hundred ? as soon as someone else started looking at it :chuckles:
According to the sign, the yardsale began at 11 am. I didn't arrive until 4 pm. I'm not sure of the exact time that the $300 offer was refused, but I am surprised that no one else topped that offer in the 5 hours of lying on the open table.
That blows my mind right there.
Sé onr sverdar sitja hvass! - May your swords stay sharp!
bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bunkysdad »

Maybe everyone that saw it thought it was one of those evil guns that everyone is so scared of.