Bayonet on a Mossberg 500

Everything shotgun discussed here.
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Re: Bayonet on a Mossberg 500

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

I was never musicaly talented so a drum is one of the few musical devices that I can get a sound out of. I am not surprised that older drums would sound better than new, there are very few things made today that fuction as well as the same things made 50-60 years ago when manufacture was still greatly hands on and people gave a shit about what they made.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
Greasemonkey

Post by Greasemonkey »

I've got a rifle that really has no use for a bayonet :lol: . The third rifle is an Iver Johnson .22lr replica of a M1 carbine, and a standard M1 Carbine bayonet fits it. I just was goofing off one day, I picked up and replaced the front barrel band with the GI version to make it look a little more like a standard issue Carbine, sure enough the bayonet installed and latches like the real rifle. :lol: The fit around the barrel is just a slight bit looser than the real rifle.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
I said I was an addict. I didn't say I had a problem.
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Nice grouping of carbines :) The M1 was not originally issued with a bayonet, that didn't come along until late 1944 for some, and the rest were updated for Korea.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
fintowin

Post by fintowin »

I saw Brad Pitt fighting Zombies in WWZ, and he just used duct tape and a nice kitchen knife on a deer hunting rifle. If you can't get the duct tape to work, you just aren't using enough. :biggrin:
"The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good."
-George Washington