RARE?

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
racerguy00

Re: RARE?

Post by racerguy00 »

That 35 VKT is killer. I was soooooo close to getting one. Still looking for it.......

Zeebill, I hope you don't mind if I repost these.

Bill's M27RV

On Facebook? Check out the non-sporter preservationist group at: OOOPS. Deleted by Facebook because it's evil to even discuss collectible firearms on social media these days.
racerguy00

Post by racerguy00 »

And of course his 1907 carbine

On Facebook? Check out the non-sporter preservationist group at: OOOPS. Deleted by Facebook because it's evil to even discuss collectible firearms on social media these days.
Flyin Brian

Post by Flyin Brian »

shmlnaaa wrote:
Flyin Brian wrote:Come on man... you're not going to say anything about my new VKT M27?? :cry:
Meh, it's OK. I'm mean it's of what, like 9 other 1935 VKT's known? That's SOOOO common.

J/K, that thing's killer! I've just been on sort of an M38 kick lately for obvious reasons. A Finn'ed M38 has moved up a few notches on my want list.
It's so rare... until Racerguy posts up the RV. There goes the thread... nobody can trump that one :P
shmlnaaa

Post by shmlnaaa »

Flyin Brian wrote:
shmlnaaa wrote:
Flyin Brian wrote:Come on man... you're not going to say anything about my new VKT M27?? :cry:
Meh, it's OK. I'm mean it's of what, like 9 other 1935 VKT's known? That's SOOOO common.

J/K, that thing's killer! I've just been on sort of an M38 kick lately for obvious reasons. A Finn'ed M38 has moved up a few notches on my want list.
It's so rare... until Racerguy posts up the RV. There goes the thread... nobody can trump that one :P
There are actually probably a few other in this thread already that are fewer in number, but I'd agree that nothing Finnish here tops an RV in terms of the combination of desirability and rarity. It's a particularly good m/27RV at that too! One of the 'holy grails' of Finnish collecting IMO.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
bb91

Post by bb91 »

Sweet! One of 400 produced.

I don't think I've seen but 4 or 5 examples of that rifle, they must all be tucked away in collections somewhere, maybe Dolk has them all. :D

Some very unusual rifles have been coming out of the wood work this week!

Congrats on finding a tough one.
Last edited by bb91 on Wed Aug 14, 2013 9:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.
desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

Very nice. :vcool: :vcool: :vcool: :vcool: Especialy the vkt m27 and the rv :Drool1: :Drool1: :Drool1:
The commerce which maybe carried on with the people inhabiting the line you will pursue renders a knowledge of these people important ~Thomas Jefferson~ (to- Lewis and Clark)
Gsragtop

Post by Gsragtop »

martin08 wrote:Of course, there are blue books, research books, and other publications which will list specimens of small quantity.

But if I can do several targeted searches on the internet, and find fewer than 50-100 solid references and/or pictures of certain items, then it's rare. For some reason yet unknown, I have a knack for amassing such items. :?:

If I can only find one obscure reference of a stopped shipment, and one other picture of a gun, then it is ultra-rare. I have one of those. The only other one pictured on the net in the US is in Maryland. It's just a cheap Chinese Mauser ($175). But extremely few exist.

Here it is. Fabrique Nationale Model 1930, with FN Logo and dated 1938. One of two, that I can find.

I saw one of those at a pawn shop a few month ago, I passed because it looked like it had bad pitting in the barrel under the furniture.. He still had it last I checked... Think the asking price was $250???

Homer2

Post by Homer2 »

I have two Puolustuslaitos marked M27s, one of which is dated 1929. More rare than a M27rv, yes. More valuable? Mmm, don't think so. I have lots of rare rifles, but there has to be a demand beyond present company.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2
millman
Administrator
Administrator

Post by millman »

I have this thing, which I haven't seen many of. I am at work without any new pics, but here is a link to some older photos. viewtopic.php?f=48&t=7030
“Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.” George Orwell, English novelist, essayist, and critic, 1903-1950

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C. S. Lewis
neal45

Post by neal45 »

This one IS rare.

I had it for about a year.

BubbaDX

Post by BubbaDX »

Collectively, this site has an AMAZING collection of milsurps. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
"The welfare of humanity is always the alibi of tyrants." - Albert Camus
bb91

Post by bb91 »

Everytime I open this thread that M27RV pops up! Thanks alot racer! :b sad:

Zeebill is officially on my jealous list! :D
bb91

Post by bb91 »

Homer2 wrote:I have two Puolustuslaitos marked M27s, one of which is dated 1929. More rare than a M27rv, yes. More valuable? Mmm, don't think so. I have lots of rare rifles, but there has to be a demand beyond present company.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

I agree Homer, seen more M27RV's than several of these posted here but I still want one of them bad!

I've actually seen more 27RV's than the 1935 Vk.T's and your two PL marked M27's are the only ones I've ever seen, I'd say they're truly rare pieces!

Congrats again on finding those, pretty sure one of them came from my area. :thumbsup:
smacneighill

Post by smacneighill »

Junk Yard Dog wrote:When it comes to sellers on auction sites "rare" is whatever bullshit they think you will fall for.
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Which is why I haven't looked at GunBroker in a-WHILE! Prices were getting outrageously high.
"If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my child may have peace." ~ Thomas Payne
zedteamk2

Post by zedteamk2 »

I consider mine rare, it's the only one exactly like it :P
It was even cleaned by the one and only me !
Just like a snowflake - it's different, just like everyone else
bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bunkysdad »

One of my favorites millman.
martin08

Post by martin08 »

neal45 wrote:This one IS rare.

I had it for about a year.

Anything Mosin that is dated 1918, besides a Remington, is a sight to behold!
No words of wisdom come to mind at this time....
martin08

Post by martin08 »

Another example of an extremely rare item, that doesn't necessarily equate to high value. It's a French model Unique pistol that received Nazi WaA251 stamp on the remainder of a specific French production run, before the Germans changed the design. One of fewer than a dozen or so examples that are searchable.

But even with the scarcity, the last example that appeared for sale only netted $500. I paid $400 for mine, and it is just a little more cash than the far more prolific and later Kriegsmodell design.

No words of wisdom come to mind at this time....
millman
Administrator
Administrator

Post by millman »

bunkysdad wrote:One of my favorites millman.
Thanks Russell.
“Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.” George Orwell, English novelist, essayist, and critic, 1903-1950

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C. S. Lewis
Greasemonkey

Post by Greasemonkey »

My rare item is what appears to be a run of the mill Norinco Chinese SKS. Upon closer inspection, it carries all the Russian proofing/inspection marks including the '55/'56 Tula receiver star stamp, then a 4 digit/no suffix serial and Norinco import stamp. Deemed as a Soviet/Sino star marked Chinese, only 7 currently are known of including this one and have been documented over the past several years.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
I said I was an addict. I didn't say I had a problem.