Unrefurbed 91/30s barrel is loose in stock?

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
zhuk

Re: Unrefurbed 91/30s barrel is loose in stock?

Post by zhuk »

Well that's very interesting! Don't think I've seen a clear illustration of where shims are placed before now. Hope that helps you Samurai.

This forum is a fantastic resource :thumbsup:
TheSovietSamurai

Post by TheSovietSamurai »

Sorry for the late reply, I'm going to try shimmimg soon, but I probably won't end up shooting it all that much anyway, I've got my refurb for that. It seems it had been shimmed already, but only in one of the spots shown, perhaps the other fell out while the dealer was disassembling it for shipping?
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Such things have been known to happen.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt