2 1943 Izhevsk M91/30 "shooters" from AIM

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Re: 2 1943 Izhevsk M91/30 "shooters" from AIM

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

It's not as common to see shims in the Soviet rifles, but they did use them sometimes.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
MarksmanTim

Post by MarksmanTim »

Hopefully the wind dies down today and after work I can try out the cleaned '43.
Tim

Favorites of the collection:
1909 Ex-Cossack M91/38
1929 SIG M28 non updated
Celt

Post by Celt »

:thumbsup:
:ani-pop: :ani-pop:
Range report!
You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.
Winston Churchill

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!
MarksmanTim

Post by MarksmanTim »

Well I did in fact get her out to the range last night after dinner. I discovered the rear barrel band spring is broken, so once again good thing I bought one of those spare stock sets from AIM a few months ago. So far I have used a buttplate screw, nose cap screw, and now a barrel band spring from that donor!

I fired (4) 5 shot groups (or one package of Bulgarian Surplus). I am pleased to say that the groupings were pretty good! Not quite as good as my M39, but probably just as good as one of my M28's... I might have to keep this one out of storage a while longer and put more rounds through it. In particular I'd like to see how it does with some hand loads.
Tim

Favorites of the collection:
1909 Ex-Cossack M91/38
1929 SIG M28 non updated
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

SOviet refurbs can surprise you, I would expect the usual 4 moa and get 2 moa, then my eyes get tired and it's 7 moa :)
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt