New Members, Make your first post here!

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
1979w72

Re: New Members, Make your first post here!

Post by 1979w72 »

Another new member here. My name is Tom and we (two boys) picked up our first Mosin last spring. We've added a couple more since then and look forward to learning from all the great information from this site.
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

peashooter wrote:My name is Greg and I'm from the Peoples Republic of Massachusetts. I joined because I can't stand not being able to see some of the pics that have been posted.
I only have ONE Mosin. It's a 1943 91/30 Izhevsk except for the bolt and one barrel band. Those are Tula. I picked up a no-go and field gauge and it has plenty of bolt to go before it will close on the no-go so I'm happy with that. The only problem was finding a company that our AG hasn't threatened and would ship ammo to MASS. I found a supply and all is good now. I can't say who.(loose lips sink ships) I'm hoping to pick up a M44 at some point just because. That's on hold for now since I'm in the process of a Garand. A lot of good reading on this site and can't believe some of the collections. NICE.

Greg
Welcome to the board :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

1979w72 wrote:Another new member here. My name is Tom and we (two boys) picked up our first Mosin last spring. We've added a couple more since then and look forward to learning from all the great information from this site.
Welcome to the board :vcool: :vcool:
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
Deacon55

Post by Deacon55 »

"Hi I'm here"
Russell46932

Post by Russell46932 »

Hello guys, Brand new member here. Russell46932 I'm from Indiana. I'm currently an owner of a 1907 M91 Tula Imperial that I was hoping to get help with some barrel markings and stock characteristics. I will be posting a few pics real soon. Thanks You.
Last edited by Russell46932 on Mon Jan 20, 2014 8:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Welcome to the board :)
Theodore Roosevelt
danman132x

Post by danman132x »

Hello guys, new Mosin Nagant owner here from Florida. 1943 made in Izhevsk. Love the gun, one of my buddies introduced them to me.
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

danman132x wrote:Hello guys, new Mosin Nagant owner here from Florida. 1943 made in Izhevsk. Love the gun, one of my buddies introduced them to me.
Theodore Roosevelt
mojotrain1

Post by mojotrain1 »

Hi, my name is Tom. I just received a 1942 model 1895 Nagant from a grandson as a Christmas gift. Truthfully I can't stop dragging it out and looking at it. Now I'll let him show me how to post a picture of it in this forum. Looking forward to talking to you folks.
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

mojotrain1 wrote:Hi, my name is Tom. I just received a 1942 model 1895 Nagant from a grandson as a Christmas gift. Truthfully I can't stop dragging it out and looking at it. Now I'll let him show me how to post a picture of it in this forum. Looking forward to talking to you folks.
Welcome to the board, they are interesting revolvers, my own is a 1943 Tula MO marked specimen. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Theodore Roosevelt
N2oldguns

Post by N2oldguns »

Hello everyone. Just checking in and saying hello to all of you. I have gleaned much great info from many of the posts here and figured it was time to actively participate in the milsurp MANIA! Cheers and thanks again! AJ
Warjohn

Post by Warjohn »

Hi my name is john and i bought one in sitka alaska when i was working down there . Now i have some time to play with it and the bolt wont close with the Military steel casings. But works fine with brass . It looks like it's a mismatch rifle. What tools do I need to repair this problem.thank you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
sambo1960

Post by sambo1960 »

hello i just got my new gun and love it , love the site
chevy_thing

Post by chevy_thing »

Hey everyone been lurking here for a while just got my 1942 Ishevsk 91/30 about a month ago...got a yugo m48A a year ago..plan on adding a Garand In a little bit..good to be here i already learned alot!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

N2oldguns wrote:Hello everyone. Just checking in and saying hello to all of you. I have gleaned much great info from many of the posts here and figured it was time to actively participate in the milsurp MANIA! Cheers and thanks again! AJ
Theodore Roosevelt
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Warjohn wrote:Hi my name is john and i bought one in sitka alaska when i was working down there . Now i have some time to play with it and the bolt wont close with the Military steel casings. But works fine with brass . It looks like it's a mismatch rifle. What tools do I need to repair this problem.thank you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Welcome to the board John :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Sitka, a place that is likely colder than it is here in NY today.
Theodore Roosevelt
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

sambo1960 wrote:hello i just got my new gun and love it , love the site
Thank you, and welcome to the board :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Theodore Roosevelt
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

chevy_thing wrote:Hey everyone been lurking here for a while just got my 1942 Ishevsk 91/30 about a month ago...got a yugo m48A a year ago..plan on adding a Garand In a little bit..good to be here i already learned alot!
Welcome to the board, nice collection, from the username I am guessing you put a Chevy 454 V8 into a VW thing? :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Theodore Roosevelt
chevy_thing

Post by chevy_thing »

Junk Yard Dog wrote:
chevy_thing wrote:Hey everyone been lurking here for a while just got my 1942 Ishevsk 91/30 about a month ago...got a yugo m48A a year ago..plan on adding a Garand In a little bit..good to be here i already learned alot!
Welcome to the board, nice collection, from the username I am guessing you put a Chevy 454 V8 into a VW thing? :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
hahaha i wish...but i just love chevys. I recently got a 2012 impala
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Nice, I had a 1983 Impala wagon once, and a 1964. The other Chevys were trucks.
Theodore Roosevelt