New Members, Make your first post here!

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
Darryl
Sniper Expert
Sniper Expert

Re: New Members, Make your first post here!

Post by Darryl »

cupid stunt wrote:Hello !

I just discovered this make your first post here thread. A bit late but better late than never. :)
Welcome. Never later unless the forums delete you for not making the first post in time!

Welcome to the forums!

Dolk
Darryl
Sniper Expert
Sniper Expert

Post by Darryl »

ksb63 wrote:It's a disease, walking through cabelas and picked up another. This one is a 26 tula hex receiver
Yes, we call it Mosinitis. There is no cure. All you can do is try to east the symptoms by buying another one.

When you get to at least two, then you can hide it as a "collection"!

Welcome

Dolk
Darryl
Sniper Expert
Sniper Expert

Post by Darryl »

C8947R wrote:Hello all,
I am new to this forum. I have been collecting Mosin Nagants for 2 years now and have 17 in my collection. I have 3 Finns (M91, M39, M91/30) and one Czech 1896 Izhevisk non import marked M91/38 Included in my collection. Included in the M91/30 rifles I have a Tula Hex M O Double Date 1935/49 and various dates of Tula and Izhevisk hex and round receiver rifles.
There is also a 1940 M38, 1944 M44, and a 1954 Chinese type 53.
Collecting and shooting Mosins is crazy addictive and lots of fun. Like Forest Gump said "you never know what you are going to get".
Enjoy!
Well, where have you been? You know this is primarily a "preservation and collectors" forum. But we do a lot of shooting of them also. But the best collectors and experts are all on this forums!

Welcome aboard!

Dolk
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

C8947R wrote:Hello all,
I am new to this forum. I have been collecting Mosin Nagants for 2 years now and have 17 in my collection. I have 3 Finns (M91, M39, M91/30) and one Czech 1896 Izhevisk non import marked M91/38 Included in my collection. Included in the M91/30 rifles I have a Tula Hex M O Double Date 1935/49 and various dates of Tula and Izhevisk hex and round receiver rifles.
There is also a 1940 M38, 1944 M44, and a 1954 Chinese type 53.
Collecting and shooting Mosins is crazy addictive and lots of fun. Like Forest Gump said "you never know what you are going to get".
Enjoy!
Gump said it's what his mama said :) Welcome to the board :thumbsup:
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

sirfordster wrote:Hi, I'm Doug, I am buying a mosin for a friend of mine and a torkerev pistol.
Welcome to the board Doug, with a name like sirfordster I am assuming there is a vintage Ford someplace with your name on it?? Out with it! specs, photos, detailed description :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
rmille6161

Post by rmille6161 »

Hi All, Bob Miller and bought my first rifle of this style in 2009. Going to start learning more about them
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

rmille6161 wrote:Hi All, Bob Miller and bought my first rifle of this style in 2009. Going to start learning more about them
Hello Bob, welcome to the board :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Theodore Roosevelt
Darryl
Sniper Expert
Sniper Expert

Post by Darryl »

rmille6161 wrote:Hi All, Bob Miller and bought my first rifle of this style in 2009. Going to start learning more about them
good deal. You have come to the right place.

Have fun!

Welcome

Dolk
Toyotany

Post by Toyotany »

Hi
Collecting mil-surp for awhile now. My first one was a Mosin Polish M44, $29 , yeah that was awhile ago. I reload for all of my guns and cast for most. FFl 03 since 2007.
Lou
GS455

Post by GS455 »

Greetings from Nashville. Got a Fin M39 and PU Sniper. Always lookin for info and tips. maybe one day I'll be a contribution.
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Toyotany wrote:Hi
Collecting mil-surp for awhile now. My first one was a Mosin Polish M44, $29 , yeah that was awhile ago. I reload for all of my guns and cast for most. FFl 03 since 2007.
Welcome to the board, it kills the new kids when you remind them of the days of under $50 M44's :lol: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Theodore Roosevelt
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

GS455 wrote:Greetings from Nashville. Got a Fin M39 and PU Sniper. Always lookin for info and tips. maybe one day I'll be a contribution.
Welcome to the board, GS455, now you know we will be wanting to see pics of rifles and the car right? :) :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Theodore Roosevelt
Darryl
Sniper Expert
Sniper Expert

Post by Darryl »

Toyotany wrote:Hi
Must have been a long time ago! Welcome to the board.

Dolk
Darryl
Sniper Expert
Sniper Expert

Post by Darryl »

GS455 wrote:Greetings from Nashville. Got a Fin M39 and PU Sniper. Always lookin for info and tips. maybe one day I'll be a contribution.
Get some photos of those rifle up on the forums. We love photos! and welcome aboard the forums!

Dolk
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Chinacat wrote:I'm a real dude. I run the Guild of Mosin Nagant Owners Facebook group.

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2
Welcome to the board, :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Theodore Roosevelt
Mosinhope

Post by Mosinhope »

Hello. I have just become a new member and I am glad to be here. I like Mosin-Nagant rifles in general, but my all-time favorite MN rifles are those from Finland. I just bought a Christmas present for myself: A Tikka (1944) 91/30 in really nice shape. Thank You and I wish all of you a Merry Christmas!
rmille6161

Post by rmille6161 »

found several in afghanistan in 2009, was intresting
wvmn

Post by wvmn »

Hello so far I've got three I can't stop!
sonney

Post by sonney »

Hi new member just got my Mosin 91/30 built in 1942 very good condition bore has not been drilled numbers all match furniture is in very good condition. Got at Gander Mountain and it came out of refurbish in Wis. Now looking for a good M44 to go alone with it. I am sure I will find one in good condition in time.

Sonney
wvmn

Post by wvmn »

Hello all I'm Rod
1936 Tula round "sa"
1942 Izhevsk
1942 Tula
In order of best shooting rifle at the top and so on these are the only ones I have ever shot, but this is my opinion of these. They are definitely an addictive gun bought my first one a month ago and well you can see what happened.