New Members, Make your first post here!

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Re: New Members, Make your first post here!

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Ronnydog wrote:I'm a newbie and want to learn more about the guns.

Thanks ronnydog
Welcome to the board Ronny, you will have to be a bit more specific, what kind of "guns". and what experience with firearms do you currently have? Lesson one, a gun is a shotgun, a shotgun has no rifling in it's bore, it's bore is smooth like a pipe. A rifle has twisted channels lightly cut into it's bore in a spiral pattern, this is called rifling, and such firearms are called "rifles" The Mosin is a Rifle, a shotgun is a gun, dirty Harry's .44 Magnum is called a revolver, and a policeman's Glock is called a pistol.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
Darryl
Sniper Expert
Sniper Expert

Post by Darryl »

Thanks ronnydog
Hi Ronnydog,

Welcome to the forums!

Dolk
Sonny

Post by Sonny »

Hey all...I just signed up,yeah I'm a new guy and just recently purchase a 1942 m91/30 and love it.

It's loaded down with history and better yet it's fun to shoot.. :D

Anyhoo....WCAC stands for West Central Alberta Canada.....I hope Canucks are allowed here. :wink:

Anyway here's a pic of my girl.. :wink:
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

WCAC wrote:Hey all...I just signed up,yeah I'm a new guy and just recently purchase a 1942 m91/30 and love it.

Anyhoo....WCAC stands for West Central Alberta Canada.....I hope Canucks are allowed here. :wink:

Welcome to the board, lots of Canadians here, nice '42 :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
Sonny

Post by Sonny »

Junk Yard Dog wrote:
WCAC wrote:Hey all...I just signed up,yeah I'm a new guy and just recently purchase a 1942 m91/30 and love it.

Thanks..

My main hunting rifle is a Winchester model 70 in .30-06 but hopefully I'll be able to post a pic or two of a kill with the Mosin.

Last season I got a small meat buck with my SKS so yeah I think I can do it with a 7.62 x 54r.. :wink:
felixmophandle

Post by felixmophandle »

Hello,stopped by to introduce myself. My name is Larry aka felixmophandle and I am a milsurp addict. I usually haunt SRF and occasionally gun boards. I ran across this forum during a search and siad "hey,look, more people like me". I do recognize a few folks from the other forums.I really enjoy the vast collective knowledge of these forums....Larry
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

WCAC wrote:
Junk Yard Dog wrote:

Thanks..

My main hunting rifle is a Winchester model 70 in .30-06 but hopefully I'll be able to post a pic or two of a kill with the Mosin.

Last season I got a small meat buck with my SKS so yeah I think I can do it with a 7.62 x 54r.. :wink:
We have a sporter rifle section here also, Model 70 is a nice rifle, if you shoot that little deer with 7.62x54r at least the meat will be tenderized for you :)
Theodore Roosevelt
usmc0302

Post by usmc0302 »

I just found this forum and I thought it would be a good place to compare info on my mosins. I have a few 91/30s and a Finn 28 and a few b barrel 39s.
Glock Man

Post by Glock Man »

Howdy:

John aka Glock Man.....love this site,lots of info for a new M-N fan.I've been a M1 Garand collector,shooter and gunsmith for 25 years,but the M-N 91/30 caught my eye a few years back.I'm looking forward to collecting a few and the info here will help me to pick some good ones.Looking forward to sending some pics and learning more about this most interesting rifle.

Best wishes,
John[the old]
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

cupid stunt wrote:Hello !

I just discovered this make your first post here thread. A bit late but better late than never. :)
Welcome to the board :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Theodore Roosevelt
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

usmc0302 wrote:I just found this forum and I thought it would be a good place to compare info on my mosins. I have a few 91/30s and a Finn 28 and a few b barrel 39s.
Welcome to the board, nice collection so far, my B's are excellent shooters, too bad I'm not :lol: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Theodore Roosevelt
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Glock Man wrote:Howdy:

John aka Glock Man.....love this site,lots of info for a new M-N fan.I've been a M1 Garand collector,shooter and gunsmith for 25 years,but the M-N 91/30 caught my eye a few years back.I'm looking forward to collecting a few and the info here will help me to pick some good ones.Looking forward to sending some pics and learning more about this most interesting rifle.

Best wishes,
John[the old]
Welcome to the Board John the Old, M1 Garands, I was collecting them also back in the day, these days I am way to cheap to pay the going rate, so I play with the ones I got long ago. Lot of Garand owners here, not many with more than one, but a few of us are collectors. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Theodore Roosevelt
ksb63

Post by ksb63 »

It's a disease, walking through cabelas and picked up another. This one is a 26 tula hex receiver
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

ksb63 wrote:It's a disease, walking through cabelas and picked up another. This one is a 26 tula hex receiver
Welcome to the board, get down with the sickness :lol: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Theodore Roosevelt
C8947R

Post by C8947R »

Hello all,
I am new to this forum. I have been collecting Mosin Nagants for 2 years now and have 17 in my collection. I have 3 Finns (M91, M39, M91/30) and one Czech 1896 Izhevisk non import marked M91/38 Included in my collection. Included in the M91/30 rifles I have a Tula Hex M O Double Date 1935/49 and various dates of Tula and Izhevisk hex and round receiver rifles.
There is also a 1940 M38, 1944 M44, and a 1954 Chinese type 53.
Collecting and shooting Mosins is crazy addictive and lots of fun. Like Forest Gump said "you never know what you are going to get".
Enjoy!
Darryl
Sniper Expert
Sniper Expert

Post by Darryl »

Thanks ronnydog
Well, You have come to the right place!

Welcome aboard!

Dolk
Darryl
Sniper Expert
Sniper Expert

Post by Darryl »

Hi WCAC,

Sure we let in Canada here. We even let NY in here! (just kidding JYD!).

Dolk
Darryl
Sniper Expert
Sniper Expert

Post by Darryl »

usmc0302 wrote:I just found this forum and I thought it would be a good place to compare info on my mosins. I have a few 91/30s and a Finn 28 and a few b barrel 39s.
sumc302....sounds like another Marine! We have a few of them here! Welcome aboard and post some photos up of those rifles you have. The guys love to drool over photos! :bwink:

Dolk
Darryl
Sniper Expert
Sniper Expert

Post by Darryl »

Glock Man wrote:Howdy:

Best wishes,
John[the old]
John We LOOOOOOOvvvvee to help you spend your money on Mosins! :thumbsup:

Lots of good connections here and many of the best collectors are here on the forums and they love questions!

Welcome aboard!

Dolk
sirfordster

Post by sirfordster »

Hi, I'm Doug, I am buying a mosin for a friend of mine and a torkerev pistol.