New Members, Make your first post here!

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
SirMajorTalon

Re: New Members, Make your first post here!

Post by SirMajorTalon »

Hello, I'm new here.

I got my first rifle a month back, and it's a Type 53 rifle.

There she is. Her name's Stefania. I hope to have a good stay on this forum. :D
"Standing barefoot, frozen bloody hands
his musket clutched, an iron grip
and for the cause, he has but one regret,
he's only got one life to give

Would he look upon us now in anger and disgust
His providence a birthright and our creed
Will we let ignorance and laziness bring our demise
Complacency, we're blinded by our greed"
Heavy Metal 1

Post by Heavy Metal 1 »

Good morning all,

I have been lurking for a bit. Great board. I have been a MN addict for quite some time. At my local range I am known as "that guy with all the old rifles". I don't have them all, yet.
I'm made of metal, my circuits gleem, I am perpetual, I keep the country clean.
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

SirMajorTalon wrote:Hello, I'm new here.

I got my first rifle a month back, and it's a Type 53 rifle.

There she is. Her name's Stefania. I hope to have a good stay on this forum. :D
Welcome to the board, nice rifle to start off with :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Heavy Metal 1 wrote:Good morning all,

I have been lurking for a bit. Great board. I have been a MN addict for quite some time. At my local range I am known as "that guy with all the old rifles". I don't have them all, yet.
Welcome to the board, you don't want to get them all, because the very last rifle comes with an expiration date....yours :lol: :thumbsup:
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
Tenny

Post by Tenny »

Hi My name is Dave. I just picked up my first M91/30 yesterday. Can't wait to get it cleaned and check it out.
Msims

Post by Msims »

Hello I think i became a Mosin Nagant addict and i came here for support... Im from South florida and any help to calm this addiction will be appreciated... :D
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Tenny wrote:Hi My name is Dave. I just picked up my first M91/30 yesterday. Can't wait to get it cleaned and check it out.
Welcome to the board Dave :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Theodore Roosevelt
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Msims wrote:Hello I think i became a Mosin Nagant addict and i came here for support... Im from South florida and any help to calm this addiction will be appreciated... :D
Welcome to the board, you will find no cures here, only more addiction from these guys :chuckles: :chuckles: :chuckles: :thumbsup:
Theodore Roosevelt
danelover100

Post by danelover100 »

Hello, just got my first Mosin, and joined your site for the good information. Thanks,Ian
Garys001

Post by Garys001 »

Hello guys,

Just recently got into collecting Mosin's and just found this site. I look forward to learning from you guys and will post some pictures of my recent purchases.

Gary
kendwell

Post by kendwell »

Hi. Got a couple of finn 39's, and a russian 38. Interested in loading cast boolits for these, just got some lead to mix up with some foundry type and solder, 50/50 for tin.
Got 50# of range lead, reportedly 5-5.5 brinell. Need to research the foundry type/solder mix for a good starting point.
ps. one of the finn 39s is unissued very dark stock 1970 date. think that one will be a safe queen.
Pup

Looking for my first

Post by Pup »

Good afternoon to you all,

I'm Pup, I have a couple of Enfields and Swiss rifles.
Tried a 44 carbine the other day, it was brutal...

I'm looking for my first Mosin purchase, obviously lots of mks to choose from, I'll just be looking for a standard rifle.
As I'm in the UK, that may be harder than it sounds.

Cheers loads.

Pup
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

danelover100 wrote:Hello, just got my first Mosin, and joined your site for the good information. Thanks,Ian
Welcome to the board Ian :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Theodore Roosevelt
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Garys001 wrote:Hello guys,

Just recently got into collecting Mosin's and just found this site. I look forward to learning from you guys and will post some pictures of my recent purchases.

Gary
Welcome to the board Gary, look forward to seeing the Mosin pics :thumbsup: :vcool:
Theodore Roosevelt
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

kendwell wrote:Hi. Got a couple of finn 39's, and a russian 38. Interested in loading cast boolits for these, just got some lead to mix up with some foundry type and solder, 50/50 for tin.
Got 50# of range lead, reportedly 5-5.5 brinell. Need to research the foundry type/solder mix for a good starting point.
ps. one of the finn 39s is unissued very dark stock 1970 date. think that one will be a safe queen.
Welcome to the board, that 50/50 is not easy to come by these days, I just collected up 30 or so pounds of it last week. That 1970, if it's like mine, should do very well. These late date rifles were built for rifle marksmanship training, probably full of shims under the action, and with a very nice trigger. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Theodore Roosevelt
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Re: Looking for my first

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Pup wrote:Good afternoon to you all,

I'm Pup, I have a couple of Enfields and Swiss rifles.
Tried a 44 carbine the other day, it was brutal...

I'm looking for my first Mosin purchase, obviously lots of mks to choose from, I'll just be looking for a standard rifle.
As I'm in the UK, that may be harder than it sounds.

Cheers loads.

Pup
Welcome to the board Pup, yes, we have several other members from the UK, we have heard all about how hard it can be to obtain a firearms license, and the rifles as well as ammo. We hear tales of deactivated rifles, and all sorts of horrible restrictions. Good luck with the process :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Theodore Roosevelt
an4518

Post by an4518 »

Hello,

My name is Ron ( an4518), and I look forward to learning a bit more about the mosins (4) I have. Looks like there will be no problem find history, parts, and loading info here!
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

an4518 wrote:Hello,

My name is Ron ( an4518), and I look forward to learning a bit more about the mosins (4) I have. Looks like there will be no problem find history, parts, and loading info here!
Welcome to the board Ron, we have a little bit of everything Mosin here. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Theodore Roosevelt
Chiroptile

Post by Chiroptile »

Hey, guys.. New to the forum, new to the Mosin.. New to firearms in general.. Recent transplant from NYC to the Midwest.. A little bit more second amendment friendly here, so I started getting into shooting. Transplant from Russia, originally.. Came to the states in 92.. Not even sure how it happened, but I got bitten by the Mosin bug over these last two weeks. Placed my order for a laminate 91/30 with Classic Firearms last Friday. Placed my order for the M44 earlier today. Kind of funny, I read that these guys tend to multiply once they have a foot in the door. My first one wasn't even shipped when I called in my second order. Looks like this could be trouble.

Really appreciate this community, looking forward to becoming a part of it. I have family that carried these rifles into battle, so this is pretty special to me. And the fact that you all appreciate and love these rifles means a lot.. Cold war foes, and all, there are things that we can all gather around.

Respect to all the Vets out there today and every day..
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Chiroptile wrote:Hey, guys.. New to the forum, new to the Mosin.. New to firearms in general.. Recent transplant from NYC to the Midwest.. A little bit more second amendment friendly here, so I started getting into shooting. Transplant from Russia, originally.. Came to the states in 92.. Not even sure how it happened, but I got bitten by the Mosin bug over these last two weeks. Placed my order for a laminate 91/30 with Classic Firearms last Friday. Placed my order for the M44 earlier today. Kind of funny, I read that these guys tend to multiply once they have a foot in the door. My first one wasn't even shipped when I called in my second order. Looks like this could be trouble.

Really appreciate this community, looking forward to becoming a part of it. I have family that carried these rifles into battle, so this is pretty special to me. And the fact that you all appreciate and love these rifles means a lot.. Cold war foes, and all, there are things that we can all gather around.

Respect to all the Vets out there today and every day..
Welcome to the board, however bad NY is with the gun laws we are still not near as bad as Russia, I hear things are very restrictive there. The midwest is firearms friendly in some places more than others, Chicago is the midwest..... They do multiply, the available suppy was vast, and this helped. Many collectors would have a Enfield, Mauser, Springfield multiplication problem but for the lack of affordable supply. The former USSR was willing to spend a great deal of money refurbishing and then storing away an entire world war's worth of weapons, theirs, and the enemys both. No other country did this, and now we get to play with it all :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Theodore Roosevelt