I GOT MY FIRST FINN! A TIKKA GUNSHOW PICKUP(PICS ADDED)

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
racerguy00

Re: I GOT MY FIRST FINN! A TIKKA GUNSHOW PICKUP(PICS ADDED)

Post by racerguy00 »

Deep pockets? I wish!

When a firearm is an antique it can be shipped directly to a person who shows proof of age, like a driver's license, without the need for a FFL or C&R license. Also they tend to bring a little bit of a premium over similiar non-antique rifles. I have a 1923 ex-dragoon 91/30 with an antique 1894 Izhevsk receiver. I have seen an antique M39 with a late 60's barrel date. You never know what you will find with these.
On Facebook? Check out the non-sporter preservationist group at: OOOPS. Deleted by Facebook because it's evil to even discuss collectible firearms on social media these days.
rollndice83

Post by rollndice83 »

racerguy00 wrote:Deep pockets? I wish!

When a firearm is an antique it can be shipped directly to a person who shows proof of age, like a driver's license, without the need for a FFL or C&R license. Also they tend to bring a little bit of a premium over similiar non-antique rifles. I have a 1923 ex-dragoon 91/30 with an antique 1894 Izhevsk receiver. I have seen an antique M39 with a late 60's barrel date. You never know what you will find with these.
Wow really cool! So your saying my 1929 izhevsk ex dragoon may in fact be an older receiver that 1929 and possibly an antique? I never checked the tang on the ex dragoon hex receiver guess I better go do that.

On a side note I had a talk with my other half and right now I'm about 10 minutes away from the gun store...You know what that means...Picking up the M39 right now. It was actually her idea imagine that. She said why wait go get it and gave me that look like go now before I change my mind. Oh boy 2 Finns in one week I can't control my excitement! 4 days ago I had 4 Russians and no Finns, now I have 2 a M91 and a M39.
desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

:vcool: :vcool: :vcool: :thumbsup: :ani-pop: :ani-pop:
The commerce which maybe carried on with the people inhabiting the line you will pursue renders a knowledge of these people important ~Thomas Jefferson~ (to- Lewis and Clark)
timlin33

Post by timlin33 »

racerguy00 wrote:Deep pockets? I wish!

Except in New Jersey! Grrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!
rollndice83

Post by rollndice83 »

desdem12 wrote::vcool: :vcool: :vcool: :thumbsup: :ani-pop: :ani-pop:
Got it! Ok firearm overload. :vconfused: That gun store is a gem. My new favorite gun store. They specialize in military surplus. Pistols and rifles. They have MN snipers and a wall of carbines. A crate full of 91/30s and even Nagant revolvers and ammo in stock. I just was checking out a wall of Steyr M95 surplus rifles. They were really short length way shorter than a M44 or M39. I'm sure they are abundant right now too and I know nothing aboutthem but for $149 they are really cool with a straight pull bolt. Anyway back to the M39 the guy at the store was telling me it is really hard and almost impossible to get M39s anymore surplus I guess through CAI maybe??? He said just 2 years ago it was easy now not so much. I'm really glad to have this one she is a beauty :thumbsup:
desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

Congrats Brett! Now you have the top of the line of mosins. You are gonna love it :vcool: :vcool:
The commerce which maybe carried on with the people inhabiting the line you will pursue renders a knowledge of these people important ~Thomas Jefferson~ (to- Lewis and Clark)
rollndice83

Post by rollndice83 »

desdem12 wrote:Congrats Brett! Now you have the top of the line of mosins. You are gonna love it :vcool: :vcool:
Thanks man you were a HUGE help in the purchase of the M39. I don't want to sound weird but I might lol but everyone on this forum is top notch! I've never been a forum person but I can tell already ill be spending a lot of time on here. And in my personal life I don't have many "friends" I hang out with on a daily basis just by my nature and my one god friend is into firearms but completely does not understand the Mosin Nagant and why I need to have more than one so I've been collecting these now the last year or so by myself with no one to share the excitement with so I have to say I thoroughly enjoy this forum. Just got home I'm going to take quick couple pics and start a new topic for the M39 and post some pics until I get a chance tomorrow to really get into her. And I'm off all weekend and Monday so the videos will be coming and most definitely that shooting range video I've been trying to do and it will include the M91 and M39. :thumbsup:
desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

:vcool: :vcool: :thumbsup: :pop: :pop: