About to enter the world of reloading :)

Reloading and any ammunition discussions are here.
Celt

Re: About to enter the world of reloading :)

Post by Celt »

Knock me out some kick ass 54r while your at it buddy! :wink:
You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.
Winston Churchill

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!
ponycarman

Post by ponycarman »

I would need some powder, bullet, brass, and the dies :D
Let me make a short, open, blanket comment. There are no good guns. There are no bad guns. Any gun in the hands of a bad man is a bad thing. Any gun in the hands of a descent person is no threat to anyone--- except bad people. -- Charleton Heston

Guns are not good, they are not evil. Save those descriptions for the people holding the firearm. -- Unknown

1943 Izhevsk
1937 Izhevsk
1935/48/50 Tula (hex)
1939 Tula (laminate stock)
And many other firearms :D
rlchemist

Post by rlchemist »

ponycarman wrote:I would need some powder, bullet, brass, and the dies :D
You and me both....reloading supplies are hard to come by these days. I pretty much get whatever is available and will work, not necessarily what I want. :roll:
ponycarman

Post by ponycarman »

Haha I hear ya. I haven't been looking until I know more of what I'm looking for haha. I've been looking at alternative ways to have fun for cheap. Hence the black powder and air rifle interest I've had rescently :D.
Let me make a short, open, blanket comment. There are no good guns. There are no bad guns. Any gun in the hands of a bad man is a bad thing. Any gun in the hands of a descent person is no threat to anyone--- except bad people. -- Charleton Heston

Guns are not good, they are not evil. Save those descriptions for the people holding the firearm. -- Unknown

1943 Izhevsk
1937 Izhevsk
1935/48/50 Tula (hex)
rlchemist

Post by rlchemist »

I too am looking at some black powder pistols. They are reasonably priced and their supplies seem to be in stock. Gonna do some reading first before I jump into it....my wife is gonna flip when I bring home another type of firearm. I keep telling her it is an "investment" and she just gives me that special "look" reserved only for wives. Gawd, I hope she isn't standing behind me right now.....whew, she isn't !
ponycarman

Post by ponycarman »

:lol: I understand haha. My wife has been pretty understanding so far luckily. :)

1943 Izhevsk
1937 Izhevsk
1935/48/50 Tula (hex)
rlchemist

Post by rlchemist »

My wife is too....I joke a lot but she's pretty good about it. She also enjoys shooting her .38 and we go to the range together for practice. She's currently taking a NRA certified shooting class right now to qualify for her concealed license. Actually I'm taking the same course with her, it never hurts to have more experience and to have a certified instructor watching me shoot to correct some bad practices. It's really a good class and well worth the time and effort.
ponycarman

Post by ponycarman »

Nice. I have to get my wife to get her cwp. She enjoys shooting as well. Handguns mostly. She has trouble shouldering rifles and shotguns.

1943 Izhevsk
1937 Izhevsk
1935/48/50 Tula (hex)
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Teach her to hip shoot the shotgun.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
ponycarman

Post by ponycarman »

Haha that would probably be even harder for her to do.

1943 Izhevsk
1937 Izhevsk
1935/48/50 Tula (hex)
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Get her a .410 gauge, load it with light birdshot loads, not everybody can handle the bigger 12 gauges, or even a 20.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
ponycarman

Post by ponycarman »

I've been thinging about doing that. That. Might just get a 12ga to 410 adapter for my single shot. I think she will be fine if she practices and works her way up from her .22

1943 Izhevsk
1937 Izhevsk
1935/48/50 Tula (hex)
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

This is why I start new rifle shooters with the M1 carbine, they get used to it without any pain involved, makes them want to shoot again.
Theodore Roosevelt
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Or I used to before ammo got out of sight.
Theodore Roosevelt
ponycarman

Post by ponycarman »

She shot my ar15. Just once but she shot it lol. The ammo problem is what has kept me from shooting much at all. I hate to fo shoot stuff that I have slim chances of replacing lol.

1943 Izhevsk
1937 Izhevsk
1935/48/50 Tula (hex)
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

,22lr conversion kit :) If you can find one that works.
Theodore Roosevelt
ponycarman

Post by ponycarman »

I was refering to all calibers haha. I think I have found ar ammo easier than 22lr :lol:

1943 Izhevsk
1937 Izhevsk
1935/48/50 Tula (hex)
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Not in my supply :), but I did find 240 rounds of commercial .223 that I didn't know I had in the shed last weekend.
Theodore Roosevelt
ponycarman

Post by ponycarman »

Nice! I haven't been in this long enough to find stuff I forgot I had haha.

1943 Izhevsk
1937 Izhevsk
1935/48/50 Tula (hex)
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

I must have bought it on sale back in the 90's, I rarely ever shot the AR's.
Theodore Roosevelt