MO marked 1935/48/50 Tula 91/30

"Special", rarer, and "hard to find" Mosins

For your browsing pleasure.
ponycarman

MO marked 1935/48/50 Tula 91/30

Post by ponycarman »

Discussion Section

This rifle is not rare by no means and is not as special as many of the other interesting showcase rifles. But I think this rifle shows that you can finds some neat less than common rifles in the "cheap refurb" crate in your local gun shop. There are many unknowns about this rifle. The factory that made the rifle is the Tula factory. What caught my eye about the rifle when I was sorting through a full crate was its date. The rifle is a "MO" marked with triple dating. The date of manufacturer is 1935/48/50. No one really knows for sure what this means but it is interesting and significant non the less because the Russians marked it into the rifle. Another unknown about this rifle is the "red lettering" which is commonly accompanied with the "triangle 25" mark. These marks are also unidentified but interesting and important as well. The rifle is the earlier hex-receiver construction as well. While many would think there the rifle is nothing but a common refurb, it is at the moment my favorite of my small collection. It is my most interesting rifle but was also the cheapest Mosin I have purchased yet. It also has a couple interesting stock repairs. I hope she is good enough to get in :). I didn't see any I didn't see any "regular" refurbs in the showcase yet but I might have missed them. If not maybe my rifle can be one of the first :). There are some great, cheap, interesting, refurbs that can be had still. Just got to find them.

On to the pics. Enjoy :)

Here are the stock repairs and what is left of the cartouche

The stock is a wartime variation with this style of sling eschutions. The rear sling hole has no insert at all.

Here is a couple pics with some color haha. A few of my favorite hobbies are represented in these pics. Just thought I would try something different :). Who doesn't like guns and guitars :D

A couple more of just the rifle

Discussion Section
Let me make a short, open, blanket comment. There are no good guns. There are no bad guns. Any gun in the hands of a bad man is a bad thing. Any gun in the hands of a descent person is no threat to anyone--- except bad people. -- Charleton Heston

Guns are not good, they are not evil. Save those descriptions for the people holding the firearm. -- Unknown

1943 Izhevsk
1937 Izhevsk
1935/48/50 Tula (hex)
1939 Tula (laminate stock)
And many other firearms :D