Dialed out

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
SDH1903

Dialed out

Post by SDH1903 »

I went to a show in PA with cash in hand looking for a mosin not yet hanging on the ceiling, NO GOTTS!!!!! I was really pissed until I ran into a 1917 CG Swede m96 out the door for $265, Mint bore outside is ok double crown marked on stock and numbers are good on the disc, but its still not a Mosin! Man I gotta find a new Gunshow circuit or start collecting all the rifles of world!-Steve
BuckeyeSgt

Re: Dialed out

Post by BuckeyeSgt »

There for a while, I couldn't find a Mosin at a gun show. The last two shows I saw plenty. Mostly over priced but I did get the Finn M91 there for $125 OTD. It is hit or miss it seems.
Некто кроме нас
US Army 90-94 98G Russian
Army Reserves 94-98 37F
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

I am never disappointed so long as I find something that shoots, don't matter if it's a .22 . Nice find Steve :)
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

Sweet! :vcool: :vcool: :Drool1: I am still looking for a swede. I like them and everybody says they shoot great...but they are not a MOSIN :thumbsup:
The commerce which maybe carried on with the people inhabiting the line you will pursue renders a knowledge of these people important ~Thomas Jefferson~ (to- Lewis and Clark)
SDH1903

Post by SDH1903 »

I know, there is nothing like a mosin! But the Swedes do shoot well!
bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bunkysdad »

Well when it comes to shooting, I imagine that 6.5 Swede will shoot circles around most Mosins, and do it a lot smoother, but of course that is no way for me to be talking around a bunch of Mosin-heads! :P
desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

I accept that challenge! :thumbsup: :lol: Cept i don't have no stinking swede :roll:
The commerce which maybe carried on with the people inhabiting the line you will pursue renders a knowledge of these people important ~Thomas Jefferson~ (to- Lewis and Clark)
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

desdem12 wrote:I accept that challenge! :thumbsup: :lol: Cept i don't have no stinking swede :roll:
Pile up some cash and buy one.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
SDH1903

Post by SDH1903 »

A properly tuned Mosin gets into the same neighbourhood as the Swede, But, those Swedes can really shoot. The King of Sweden said he wanted to be able to pick up any of his guns at anything and beat that damn king of Switzerland. Which he did on several occasions. then came the Crowned jewel, CG 80's and the advantage was heavily in the Sweds Favour!- Steve
Simo

Post by Simo »

There is a gunshow coming up in my area but I am not even going. I already know its going to be a bunch of toothless farmers selling Marlins and Winchesters.....BOOOORING :roll:
"But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security." -Declaration of Independence
etprescottazusa91

Post by etprescottazusa91 »

Found a nice Swede for under three bills, I wouldn't too be disappointed plenty Mosins out there one will come along.
"Fast is fine, But accuracy is everything" Wyatt Earp

"This year will go down in history. For the first time, a civilized nation has full gun registration. Our streets will be safer, our police more efficient, and the world will follow our lead into the future!"
Adolph Hitler – 1933