My Collection of SKS carbines

Discussion of the SKS platform of semi auto rifles

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. Please read the rules at the top of each forum.
Izhevsk762

Re: My Collection of SKS carbines

Post by Izhevsk762 »

Wow! :Drool1: :thumbsup:
The user formerly known as mosinnagantm9130
Jumperwire
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Jumperwire »

:udaman: :udaman: :udaman: Nice. I'm in Awe. :D :D :D
Rongo
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Rongo »

I'm with Millman.... Holy Sh!t!!!

What a collection and gun room!! I'm speechless... I have to show the wife this thread. "See honey, I'm not near as bad as THIS guy"!!! :wink:

:toast:
"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it". Mark Twain

"Dang that entropy"
desertgunner

Post by desertgunner »

WOW
Speechless
Great Job
"FOR WE ARE MANY"
An armed Public consists of Citizens, an unarmed Public consists of Subjects!
nmcqueen469

Post by nmcqueen469 »

Glad you bumped this thread, what an AMAZING collection!
millman
Administrator
Administrator

Post by millman »

nmcqueen469 wrote:Glad you bumped this thread, what an AMAZING collection!
+1
“Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.” George Orwell, English novelist, essayist, and critic, 1903-1950

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C. S. Lewis
OLD OUTLAW

Post by OLD OUTLAW »

Howie is an Absolute SKS Authority. Plus some other types of Military guns. Few have a collection like his any where.
Happiness is owning Swedish Mausers!
Simo

Post by Simo »

oh you photoshop guys. Howie, its ok to admit you only have a bubba'd 59/66 but you didn't have to through all of that trouble buddy. we would've still accepted you sheesh!

nice collection :thumbsup:
"But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security." -Declaration of Independence
OLD OUTLAW

Post by OLD OUTLAW »

Eddystone06 wrote:oh you photoshop guys. Howie, its ok to admit you only have a bubba'd 59/66 but you didn't have to through all of that trouble buddy. we would've still accepted you sheesh!

nice collection :thumbsup:
Uh, sorry, but I don't think Howie is going to take your comment lightly. Nor do I. Being funny is one thing, but saying that about a Master Collection is totally ridiculous. Plus, very disrespectful to someone I personally invited to join here. Howie is TOTALLY dedicated to Preservation Collecting of SKS Carbines. You may not have meant exactly what you said. I certainly hope you did not!
howiebearse

Post by howiebearse »

Its ok I can take a joke :) I would rather have someone poke fun at me here than see this boards turn into another bubba boards. I hope we can keep at least one boards for collectors not these guys that love hacked up guns. You can do what you want with your persoanal guns but we are collectors here posting and discussing as issued weapons. At least that's what I was lead to believe
Simo

Post by Simo »

Oh calm down outlaw, I've been following Howie's collection and information for 6 or 7 years now. I know damn well he comes with a no BS guarantee. Howie Bearse and Yooper J are the messiah's of the Simonova realm.

Geez OO who put duds in your stripper clip this morning? :bwink:
"But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security." -Declaration of Independence
OLD OUTLAW

Post by OLD OUTLAW »

Eddystone06 wrote:Oh calm down outlaw, I've been following Howie's collection and information for 6 or 7 years now. I know damn well he comes with a no BS guarantee. Howie Bearse and Yooper J are the messiah's of the Simonova realm.

I told the old lady don't buy Honey Nut Cheerios! Darned sugar. :chuckles:
Simo

Post by Simo »

OLD OUTLAW wrote:
Eddystone06 wrote:Oh calm down outlaw, I've been following Howie's collection and information for 6 or 7 years now. I know damn well he comes with a no BS guarantee. Howie Bearse and Yooper J are the messiah's of the Simonova realm.

I told the old lady don't buy Honey Nut Cheerios! Darned sugar. :chuckles:
:lol:
hudson29

Post by hudson29 »

Wow, you have a private museum! How much is the admission? Please do post more pics. I have four or five of the Chinese and Soviet models and thought I had a lot. I think the SKS does not get the respect it deserves.
Vintage Paul

A man with a watch always knows what time it is. A man with two watches is never sure.
Rongo
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Rongo »

OLD OUTLAW wrote:Howie is an Absolute SKS Authority. Plus some other types of Military guns. Few have a collection like his any where.
No need to convince me... I can believe it! :vcool: :vcool: :vcool:
"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it". Mark Twain

"Dang that entropy"
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

The SKS gets overshadowed by the AK47, and the general lack of knowledge on the part of American shooters about east block weapons.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
Rongo
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Rongo »

Junk Yard Dog wrote:The SKS gets overshadowed by the AK47, and the general lack of knowledge on the part of American shooters about east block weapons.
That's a shame too.... The SKS is a good rifle.

"Dang that entropy"
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

The AK is a good all purpose mayhem rifle if you are going to be heavily abusing a weapon in the field, the SKS makes a much better hunting/all purpose carbine for the rest of us who like to hunt without crawling in the mud for two miles first. It's more accurate, and unless you go sticking a bunch of crappy aftermarket mags on it then it's much easier to shoot from a bench, or prone.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
BubbaDX

Post by BubbaDX »

:Drool1: :Drool1: :Drool1: :Drool1: :Drool1:

That's not a collection, you are better stocked than the national guard. Dude, that is a pretty impressive collection.
"The welfare of humanity is always the alibi of tyrants." - Albert Camus
cwilliams

Post by cwilliams »

I bow to thee sir! :udaman: Amazing collection!