1942 VKT m91 B barrel serial number range? photos added

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
racerguy00

1942 VKT m91 B barrel serial number range? photos added

Post by racerguy00 »

I bought a VKT m91 last night CHEAP based on the sellers description over the phone. He sent photos today and shipped it out. I can't see the B in the photo, serial number in the 24500 range should be a B barrel right? I'll post the photos when I get home. I'm at work right now. :?
Last edited by racerguy00 on Fri Jul 27, 2012 4:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
On Facebook? Check out the non-sporter preservationist group at: OOOPS. Deleted by Facebook because it's evil to even discuss collectible firearms on social media these days.
desdem12

Re: 1942 VKT m91 B barrel serial number range?

Post by desdem12 »

I don't know about the number but i will start hating you now for gettin a cheap B M91. :thumbsup: :lol:
The commerce which maybe carried on with the people inhabiting the line you will pursue renders a knowledge of these people important ~Thomas Jefferson~ (to- Lewis and Clark)
racerguy00

Post by racerguy00 »

I thought the ad was wrong, but he confirmed that it was non bubbafied, and has the Finn hangers, a handguard and cleaning rod to boot. His photos that he sent today confirmed his description. I'm stoked.
On Facebook? Check out the non-sporter preservationist group at: OOOPS. Deleted by Facebook because it's evil to even discuss collectible firearms on social media these days.
desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

I would love to have a B barrel M91. Maybe i will run into one some day. Glad to hear it is un bubba'd. :vcool: :pop: :pop:
The commerce which maybe carried on with the people inhabiting the line you will pursue renders a knowledge of these people important ~Thomas Jefferson~ (to- Lewis and Clark)
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

I posted a video of one a week or so ago, It might show the serial number.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

47,000 serial number range.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
racerguy00

Post by racerguy00 »

Here's the ad that I lucked into. I just got the tracking number for it.
:D

I will upload some photos asap, then of course better ones when it gets here. It not mint by any means, but holy cow what a deal.

http://www.armslist.com/posts/487608/ja ... sin-nagant
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

That is so cheap that I am suspicious, you talked to the seller? It's a face to face meet? Even a Balkan M91 with a worn barrel is a $250-$300 item these days, a Finn B should be $350-$425 range. If this is legit you got a whopping good deal :)
Theodore Roosevelt
racerguy00

Post by racerguy00 »

It's legit from a gun shop. Apparently it was bought years ago in a 'buy three at a time' special, and the price I paid for this one is close to what all three together were before. The ad was up litterally only ten minutes when I called him. With shipping $106 to my door. Wow
desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

Good deal! Picture looks like a 91/30 to my old eyes though.
bb91

Post by bb91 »

Interesting! I saw the add, description for a M91 but ("stock" ?) pic.s for a 91/30. Maybe the seller is confused?
racerguy00

Post by racerguy00 »

The photos on the ad are generic armslist stock photos. I'll post the pictures he sent me after I'm done cleaning up some storm debris. The power just came back on, its been nasty here the last 2 days.
bb91

Post by bb91 »

racerguy00 wrote:The photos on the ad are generic armslist stock photos. I'll post the pictures he sent me after I'm done cleaning up some storm debris. The power just came back on, its been nasty here the last 2 days.
For that price the seller must be confused! :lol:
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

The description of the rifle is correct even if the pics show the 91/30 ( they do) I remember the deals of three for $75, or less, that was a long time back, 1990?
Theodore Roosevelt
desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

I'll take a 6 pack please! :thumbsup: Ah hell make it a case. :biggrin:
racerguy00

Re: 1942 VKT m91 B barrel serial number range? photos added

Post by racerguy00 »

Here's the photos that were sent today after I bought the rifle. any input is appreciated. I'm not to familiar with the Finn M91s

Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Looks like a typical Finn rebuilt M91, I see what might be a civil guard number on the side of the receiver, the mix of parts like that handguard is typical Finn, the dark finish on the stock Finn as well. Nice, looks like the legit deal to me.
Theodore Roosevelt
desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

:angry4: :grumpy: :grumpy: :grumpy: :grumpy: :grumpy: :grumpy: :grumpy: :hubba: :grumpy: :grumpy: :grumpy: :grumpy: :wow: :grumpy: :grumpy:
Nice :thumbsup:
racerguy00

Post by racerguy00 »

The dealer knew what it was, I just can't figure out why he posted it so low. What happened was i wad heading for bed and figured I'd check the web real fast. I saw this ad and thought something was up. I saw it was a business selling it so I figured I'd call and leave a message asking about it. When I called, he answered and this was LATE. I apologized and he said no problem at all, he had just posted it and asked me if I needed any any info on it. He answered my questions and took my info. This guy was amazingly polite, yes sir, no sir, etc.
Called me today just to let me know it was on its way. Seems like a class act.
TopperT

Post by TopperT »

THAT my friend may be the deal of the year!
"GO AND SMELL THE MOSINS"