Romanian PSL

All Military Snipers are discussed here!

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. Please read the rules at the top of each forum.
Noble Sniper

Romanian PSL

Post by Noble Sniper »

Im sure most of us here have either seen or shot one of these........... and shooters they are. Not quite a true sniper rifle but in the right hands they are a darn good shooting rifle ;)

•"Was there ever a people whose leaders were as truly their enemies as this one?"
- Ernest Hemingway, For Whom the Bell Tolls

"....from my cold dead hands:
President Charleton Heston

"Mein Führer... I CAN WALK !! "
Dr. Strangelove
Rongo
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Romanian PSL

Post by Rongo »

I shot WhiteFeatherSniper's once.... I loved it. 8-)

Another one for the "I gotta have" list.

:vcool: :vcool: :vcool: :vcool:
"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it". Mark Twain

"Dang that entropy"
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

:vcool: :vcool: :vcool:
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

:vcool: :vcool:
The commerce which maybe carried on with the people inhabiting the line you will pursue renders a knowledge of these people important ~Thomas Jefferson~ (to- Lewis and Clark)
websterz
Forum Advertiser
Forum Advertiser

Post by websterz »

I have yet to take my little Romanian hottie out for a spin...she's been with me almost 2 years now. :vsad: Maybe next week...
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for the night. Set a man ON fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

http://www.okiegauges.com

Blessed be the Lord my strength which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight:
-Psalm 144:1
bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bunkysdad »

How is it humanly possible to have one of these for 2 years and NOT shoot it? I don't get it. I can't believe it. I am feeling ill. I can't think straight. Its like the old geezer that married Anna Nicole Smith. Unless you are 99 years old and on a oxygen bottle how in the world do you leave this gun at home? I mean do you leave the fuel injected split window 63 red Corvette at home when you cruise Route 66? How do you have one of these and NOT get out and burn a few mags? Whatcha waiting on? :)
Noble Sniper

Post by Noble Sniper »

Pull the trigger on thatb east and let it roar ;)
•"Was there ever a people whose leaders were as truly their enemies as this one?"
- Ernest Hemingway, For Whom the Bell Tolls

"....from my cold dead hands:
President Charleton Heston

"Mein Führer... I CAN WALK !! "
Dr. Strangelove
bbekalb

Post by bbekalb »

I almost lost my mind when it took a week before i could shoot it. 2 years!? You must have blue brass by now.
websterz
Forum Advertiser
Forum Advertiser

Post by websterz »

I didn't really have anywhere to go shoot until now. Next trip to the range I promise I will pop some Romanian cherry. :biggrin:
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for the night. Set a man ON fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

Blessed be the Lord my strength which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight:
desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

Send it to me web!!! I will check it out for you. In fact send them all and i will give each and everyone a thorough going over and severe range time :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
The commerce which maybe carried on with the people inhabiting the line you will pursue renders a knowledge of these people important ~Thomas Jefferson~ (to- Lewis and Clark)
RMLI

Post by RMLI »

I took mine out this last Veterans Day and shot it without the scope. It's a nail driver even with iron sights!
entropy

Post by entropy »

Rongoman wrote:I shot WhiteFeatherSniper's once.... I loved it. 8-)

Another one for the "I gotta have" list.

:vcool: :vcool: :vcool: :vcool:
Yup, I shot WFS's PSL also. Quite accurate, and yes, on my "gotta have" list also. :toast:
"Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum." -Publius Flavius Vegetius Renatus

Murphy was an optimist.

A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an
invasion, butcher a hog, design a building, conn a ship, write a
sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the
dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve an
equation, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a
computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly.
Specialization is for insects - Robert A. Heinlien
websterz
Forum Advertiser
Forum Advertiser

Post by websterz »

My sweet little Romanian flower is a virgin no more. I had to go sight in my scoped M/N for rifle season so I decided to finally take my PSL out for a spin. I put 20 rounds of Hungarian and another 20 of Czech silver tip downrange. I would have fired 3 or 4 hundred more rounds but a cold front moved in and the wind was whipping something awful!

Firing on the 50 yard range I was getting 5 shot groups that could be covered with a silver dollar. This is with the standard issue 4x scope. I will be putting a Kalinka low profile centerline mount on the rifle and upgrading to a good 3-9. For now however, I am in love with this weapon system! Next time I will go to the 100 yard berm and see what she can do.

The MN is wearing a scope mount of my own design. It utilizes a steel band around the receiver to secure the mount and is topped with a Bushnell 3x9. No drilling or tapping involved and is totally reversible. 203 grain Silver Bear SP's gave a 3 shot 3/4" group...more than good enough to put a deer in the freezer. :D

desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

That sounds like a nice deal..How about a pic of said mount??? Also i took out some of those 203 gr bears and they shot nice, but man were they dirty. :D :D
Ironnewt

Post by Ironnewt »

websterz wrote: The MN is wearing a scope mount of my own design. It utilizes a steel band around the receiver to secure the mount and is topped with a Bushnell 3x9. No drilling or tapping involved and is totally reversible. 203 grain Silver Bear SP's gave a 3 shot 3/4" group...more than good enough to put a deer in the freezer. :D
I wouldn't mind seeing that one myself.
Damn, I'll bet that's going to leave a mark! Probably hurt too!
"I think Congressmen should wear uniforms,
you know, like NASCAR drivers, so we could
identify their corporate sponsors."

"When I die, I want to be facing my enemies surrounded by their dead bodies and piles of spent brass"
"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience." - Mark Twain