Light reading......

Everything Semi and Automatic is discussed here. Can be Military or civilian.
AK's, AR's, FN, VZ, FAL, and so on. (Post WWII)

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus handguns or discussions on altering in this forum (On Military firearms only). Please read the rules at the top of each forum.
SA1911a1

Light reading......

Post by SA1911a1 »

I know we all like good books. I always keep reading materials stacked by my bed to cure insomnia. The following book is quite comforting. I am showing the table of contents so you can see if it might be up your alley. I find these kinds of books at thrift stores for a buck or less, and enjoy them a great deal.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Aut Pax Aut Bellum
millman
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Light reading......

Post by millman »

8-)
“Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.” George Orwell, English novelist, essayist, and critic, 1903-1950

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C. S. Lewis
etprescottazusa91

Post by etprescottazusa91 »

I won't ask how it ends
"Fast is fine, But accuracy is everything" Wyatt Earp

"This year will go down in history. For the first time, a civilized nation has full gun registration. Our streets will be safer, our police more efficient, and the world will follow our lead into the future!"
Adolph Hitler – 1933
desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

Nice, one of my favorite subjects. 8-) 8-)
The commerce which maybe carried on with the people inhabiting the line you will pursue renders a knowledge of these people important ~Thomas Jefferson~ (to- Lewis and Clark)
Longcolt44
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Longcolt44 »

I love "how to" books.
FREEDOM...USE IT OR LOSE IT!!
Izhevsk762

Post by Izhevsk762 »

desdem12 wrote:Nice, one of my favorite subjects. 8-) 8-)
This.^^
The user formerly known as mosinnagantm9130
Rongo
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Rongo »

Might have to get me a fine book like that. 8-)
"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it". Mark Twain

"Dang that entropy"
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

I would never do that to a book, no, what ever gave you the idea that I would? My books are all real books, I wouldn't cu......hey, don't touch that one! :lol:
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
OldShooter

Post by OldShooter »

JYD
I'd pay up to $1.50 for a book like that.
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

I love library sales and flea market book piles were I can load up for as little as ten for a buck on the books. Problem is when I buy 30 or more large hardcover books and only then remember than I am a mile from the car across a packed flea market.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
Longcolt44
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Longcolt44 »

Junk Yard Dog wrote:I love library sales and flea market book piles were I can load up for as little as ten for a buck on the books. Problem is when I buy 30 or more large hardcover books and only then remember than I am a mile from the car across a packed flea market.
You need to find a nice red Radio Flyer wagon to tote your stuff.
FREEDOM...USE IT OR LOSE IT!!
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

My problem is that by the time I find the books I am already hauling a cart full of guns, Victrolas, and Victrola records ( they are heavy) food, Model T parts and so on.
Theodore Roosevelt
bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bunkysdad »

Just make sure your book doesn't end up in a garage sale. I know a guy whose wife sold his old wooden chest in a garage sale for 15.00 once. She never looked inside it. It was where he had placed a ton of music cd's worth alot of money.
desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

OR, :twisted: Maybe she did :twisted:
The commerce which maybe carried on with the people inhabiting the line you will pursue renders a knowledge of these people important ~Thomas Jefferson~ (to- Lewis and Clark)
Ironnewt

Post by Ironnewt »

JYD, what you need is a assistant commonly refered to as to as a "Bearer" or a "beastie". You know the guy that follows behind you and does all the crap work you don't want to.
Damn, I'll bet that's going to leave a mark! Probably hurt too!
"I think Congressmen should wear uniforms,
you know, like NASCAR drivers, so we could
identify their corporate sponsors."

"When I die, I want to be facing my enemies surrounded by their dead bodies and piles of spent brass"
"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience." - Mark Twain

SA1911a1

Post by SA1911a1 »

Ironnewt wrote:JYD, what you need is a assistant commonly refered to as to as a "Bearer" or a "beastie". You know the guy that follows behind you and does all the crap work you don't want to.
OK, now I have to figure out; am I my wife's beastie or bearer?
Aut Pax Aut Bellum
Ironnewt

Post by Ironnewt »

SA1911a1 wrote:
Ironnewt wrote:JYD, what you need is a assistant commonly refered to as to as a "Bearer" or a "beastie". You know the guy that follows behind you and does all the crap work you don't want to.
OK, now I have to figure out; am I my wife's beastie or bearer?
Well when I think of Bearers I visualize a gun on a Safari with an "Assistant" handing him the extra rifle, carrying the trophy and usually getting PAID!!! :clap:

Now a Beastie on the other hand is kinda like "Gunga Din" Cleaning latrines, digging trenches, generally getting all the crap work details. In my house I'm the Beastie. :b sad:
Damn, I'll bet that's going to leave a mark! Probably hurt too!
"I think Congressmen should wear uniforms,
you know, like NASCAR drivers, so we could
identify their corporate sponsors."

"When I die, I want to be facing my enemies surrounded by their dead bodies and piles of spent brass"
"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience." - Mark Twain

Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

I got two of them, but they are easily distracted, I turn around and one of them is stuffing his face over at the food section, and the other is buying fake lotto tickets and plastic dog poop.
Theodore Roosevelt