Pix of my 1943 Mosin

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
scribbler

Pix of my 1943 Mosin

Post by scribbler »

Ok y'all want pix , so here are a couple to chew on (if I gan upload em...hehe)
If possible, please confirm where my rifle came from .. and the fletched arrow confuses me from what I read .. at first I thought sniper but I think other stuff doesn't back up- that theory, eh
Scribbler
Mosin1943-b-r.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
scribbler

Re: Pix of my 1943 Mosin

Post by scribbler »

didn't see a way to post two imaages so here is the other..the "peened" text/number
Scribbler
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
cju777

Post by cju777 »

It is a 1943 Izhevsk. The Triangle with the fetched arrow is from their arsenal. You'll see a smaller version of it on the parts if they were made there as well. You may also see some with a small star, those were from Tula and sometimes make their way to the Ishevsk rifles in the refurb or fixing process.

I don't see anything t indicate an ex-sniper but I am not expert in that area. Would need some more photos of the left side of the receiver area to see if it has been plugged or the stock cut at some point.

I just got my first Mosin as well- a 1942 Ishevsk very similar to yours, welcome to the club!

Congrats, looks great!
desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

Looks like a nice 43 izhevsk. The "peened text" is the importers mark and their serial number. AS far as an ex sniper it doesn't appear to be but more pics would help. Open the bolt and look on the left inside of the reciever for the plugged holes for the scope mount 8-) 8-) :alien:
The commerce which maybe carried on with the people inhabiting the line you will pursue renders a knowledge of these people important ~Thomas Jefferson~ (to- Lewis and Clark)
Shooter

Post by Shooter »

Nice, I just got one like it too! Hope you have fun with it. :D
John 8:12
Again Jesus spoke to them, saying, "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will not walk in darkness, but will have the light of life."
SA1911a1

Post by SA1911a1 »

A fine piece of three dimensional history. Congratulations.
Aut Pax Aut Bellum
scribbler

Post by scribbler »

Tnx for the quick feedback. I looked at the left side of the receiver and there is no apparent evidence of plugged holes or anything like that .. the thought of a sniper version wann't my idea .. I just got carried Away with all the stuff I've read over tha past week or so. Learned a whole lot but had some hanging threads I needed to clip.
Bought a second Mosin, too .. I'll try to get pix of that one up here soon ,. It is a 1931 model with hex receiver
Scribbler
Izhevsk762

Post by Izhevsk762 »

scribbler wrote: Bought a second Mosin, too .. I'll try to get pix of that one up here soon ,. It is a 1931 model with hex receiver
The addiction continues..... :clap:
The user formerly known as mosinnagantm9130
bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bunkysdad »

That's what happens. You get a first receiver that is round such as the one posted here,and a older model hex receiver rifle soon follows. Congrats to all you guys with new rifles!
Longcolt44
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Longcolt44 »

The good 'ole '43, my first too...about 20 Mosins later here I am. Good luck in the future hunt.
FREEDOM...USE IT OR LOSE IT!!
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Nice rifle, '43 Izhevsk, lot of action going on that year, that rifle has seen some history :vcool: :vcool: :vcool:
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
Rongo
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Rongo »

A good war-time Mosin. 8-) 8-)
"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it". Mark Twain

"Dang that entropy"
scribbler

Post by scribbler »

Here are some pix of my 2nd MOSIN, a hex recvr model 1931
desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

:vcool: :vcool:
The commerce which maybe carried on with the people inhabiting the line you will pursue renders a knowledge of these people important ~Thomas Jefferson~ (to- Lewis and Clark)