My new mosin! sweet carving and stock fixes

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
sjsevier

Re: My new mosin! sweet carving and stock fixes

Post by sjsevier »

Love the rifle and love the stand, was it pretty easy to build?
Driveshaft

Post by Driveshaft »

I love your gun vise! I started on mine tonight and came in to find your design. I don't have a cabinet vise like you but I think I have an idea that will work. Man, that thing has to be lonnnnng for a Mosin!
12 ga. Parker Bros., Ruger SR9 9mm, S&W third model 5shot.38, Savage model 110 .270, Savage MkII G .22, Beretta U22 .22, Mosin Nagant 91/30 1937 "Izhevsk" 7.62X54R
jayrocka1200

Post by jayrocka1200 »

Im thinking it needs some company too already looking for more and havent shot this one yet! the gun vise instructionsni found online just google diy gunvise or gun stand the instructions are pretty easy i actually tweaked it to my liking ill try to find the website and post it. I actually added the side all the way around with 1x4 pine and used some left over carpet padding that came out of a room in my house for the areas that have padding. The clamp was a cheap 10 dollar one from harbor freight (not trying to advertise for them :? ) and its mostly made of extra plywood i had laying around pretty easy to make and very durable plan on using it for my ruger 10 22 as well.

Oh, i also used some extra plexi glass i had laying around for the bottom so when im cleaning my gun it can drip on there just make sure to pre drill it because it cracks easy.

Update... Website for gun vise is http://teotwawkiaiff.com/2011/11/13/homemade-gun-vise/
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Thanks for the plans :)
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt