Early SS M39

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
Izhevsk762

Re: Early SS M39

Post by Izhevsk762 »

Hey finloq, do you have any idea what the letters are on your rifle's buttplate? My 28/30 has letters in pretty much the same spot.
The user formerly known as mosinnagantm9130
finloq

Post by finloq »

Izhevsk762 wrote:Hey finloq, do you have any idea what the letters are on your rifle's buttplate? My 28/30 has letters in pretty much the same spot.
No, but if you figure it out I would love to know.
"Self-realization. I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Jolly Green Chopper wrote:How does finlog get his computer to type his location that way?Sorry for getting of the subject of SSM39 but I see JYD also can do it in Russian.JGC How?

Это не так сложно сделать, я просто заменить для российского клавиатуру и введите то, что я хочу se вроде этого. Теперь помните, мы переводим все посты, в других языках, помимо английского, применяются правила приличия, не рассказывать-то пойти ебешь себя или комментируя размер или отсутствие размера someones зрелости, то есть просто грубый, и он будет привычной с. Управление ожидает, что вам вести себя на русском языке, так же, как вы бы на английском языке, на втором мысли, себя лучше.

Дважды я ударил вас и вы дерьмо!
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Meine magische Tastatur werden Nachrichten in vielen Sprachen veröffentlichen:)Nun, zurück zum Thema der Mosins, was war dieser Thread über vor der Ablenkungsversuche? Ja, gerade Lager die M39! Noch nie hat mich ein, dachte ich, ich hatte genug von einer in die M28/30 und Hunderte von anderen regelmäßigen Mosins, die M39, ich liebe die Pistole Griff hat, ernsthafte Verbesserung, wie alles auf die M39 ist, ich wollte nicht zu geben, dass Sie mit irgendwelchen von ihnen:)
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
TopperT

Post by TopperT »

WTF ---- over??????
"GO AND SMELL THE MOSINS"
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

There was a question about how some people use other languages in their posts :)
Theodore Roosevelt
desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

It says in a prior life he was german. :beek: Or maybe that he prefers M39s and doesn't have enough M28/30s but is stocked in the regular mosins. :thumbsup: something to that effect. :D
The commerce which maybe carried on with the people inhabiting the line you will pursue renders a knowledge of these people important ~Thomas Jefferson~ (to- Lewis and Clark)
Jolly Green Chopper

Post by Jolly Green Chopper »

Kiitos :D Rick, AKA JGC Pandora's Box?
Jolly Green Chopper

Hey Dawg,That's easy for you to say.
shmlnaaa

Post by shmlnaaa »

I might have one of these laying around here somewhere...

I'm not sure if the floorplate matches or not, I'd have to go check it.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
millman
Administrator
Administrator

Post by millman »

Sweet!
“Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.” George Orwell, English novelist, essayist, and critic, 1903-1950

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C. S. Lewis
bb91

Post by bb91 »

shmlnaaa wrote:I might have one of these laying around here somewhere...

I'm not sure if the floorplate matches or not, I'd have to go check it.
Uh oh! Nice! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
sjsevier

Post by sjsevier »

:mrgreen: :vcool: :vcool:
Groundpounder

Post by Groundpounder »

Ní féidir leat a bheith ró-mhaith Mosins. Ba chóir gach fear armtha a agus a chosaint a chearta féin.
Never pick a fight with an old man.
If he's too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.
- J Steinbeck
Rongo
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Rongo »

Finlog's Early SS M39 is now on the Showcase & is also linked to this thread & is also on the index page. Check it out! :thumbsup:

Showcase Submission

Showcase Firearm Index
"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it". Mark Twain

"Dang that entropy"
Rongo
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Rongo »

I gotta say... I have seen a lot of great guns being posted as of late. Theirs a lot of room for more of the same on the Showcase. Just imagine that your new to the world of Mosin collecting.... Or better yet; Try to go back to when you got started with your first Mosin Nagant. How cool would it have been if there was one place you could go to see everything from relatively common to ultra rare.... And everything in between? That's what the Showcase COULD be if we had more submissions. Just sayin'... :wink:
"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it". Mark Twain

"Dang that entropy"
Groundpounder

Post by Groundpounder »

What is the small dimple on the top of the receiver? Clearly not put there by striking. I've seen this on a couple Finns and it almost looks like a shallow drill press mark.
Never pick a fight with an old man.
If he's too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.
- J Steinbeck
Darryl
Sniper Expert
Sniper Expert

Post by Darryl »

Groundpounder wrote:What is the small dimple on the top of the receiver? Clearly not put there by striking. I've seen this on a couple Finns and it almost looks like a shallow drill press mark.
It is where they removed the Imperial eagle (Russian) mark off the receiver. They didn't do it to all rifles, but they seem to do it more to M39's. A "grind" mark.

Dolk

Before and After.

Image ... Image
Jolly Green Chopper

I know why the Japs took the MUM off is there more than one reason the Russians took the Eagle off?
Rongo
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Rongo »

Most of the markings the Soviets ground off were pre-Soviet. The Finns ground off Soviet marks & so on...

"Dang that entropy"