SKS Carbine Accessories

Discussion of the SKS platform of semi auto rifles

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. Please read the rules at the top of each forum.
howiebearse

SKS Carbine Accessories

Post by howiebearse »

This will be a Photo topic showing Accessories that can be found on and used with the SKS .Keep in mind many items are shared with other weapons like the AK and Mosin Nagant series of rifles. Please take the time to post any items you may have that I did not post and ask questions of whoever posts to show more pics of an item or give more info if known. The slings shown on various SKS in my collection are as accurate as I know Except the North Korean it has a yellow web colored sling I believe is Hungarian. Chinese web pouches are generally green or brown the brown is early green late they vary in stitching and design but all are the same number of pouches with the largest pouch being for oil bottle and ground cloth. Russian slings are green is early brown is late and black is Navy with leather being oldest. Russian Pouches are all varying types of leather rivets and straps Navy has Black. If more info is wanted on any of these subjects we can start new threads on that item. Hope this gives a good start.Chinese oil bottles are made up of whatever color material is around they can be found in many shades of the same color. Tops also are usually a little different, only one has shown up with factory code that is 316 (I colect these so if you have any duplicates now seen here let me know I would like to get them)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
howiebearse

Re: SKS Carbine Accessories

Post by howiebearse »

next 10 photos
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
howiebearse

Post by howiebearse »

now ammo pouches and accessories
howiebearse

Post by howiebearse »

more
howiebearse

Post by howiebearse »

more still
howiebearse

Post by howiebearse »

and more still
howiebearse

Post by howiebearse »

and more again
howiebearse

Post by howiebearse »

and some others
SA1911a1

Post by SA1911a1 »

Dang nice collection. A Sksaholic for sure

Is this SKS or T-53?
Aut Pax Aut Bellum
sjsevier

Post by sjsevier »

Wow inpressive collection. Neat rifle gernade.
WeldonHunter

Post by WeldonHunter »

I never get tired of looking at your collection Howie. Outstanding! I love the cabinets with the ammo laid out like that.
Jackson

Post by Jackson »

how did you get NVA ammo?
We soldier on, not because we think we can win, but because we refuse to lose quietly.
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

That's quite an impressive collection :) Thank you for clearing up the mystery surrounding the small East German pouch I have had for 20 years, it's a East German grenade pouch. Here it is in the upper part of this pic, I have it stuffed with a sling.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
Benton629

Post by Benton629 »

Fantastic collection!

I used to think I was the only person interested in the accessories.
howiebearse

Post by howiebearse »

I have always been interested in all the things that go with the weapons I collect I am missing quite a few Chinese oil bottles My dog once found one that I only had one of and have not seen since he chewed it up of course:(
Bareassmeagain

Post by Bareassmeagain »

There's some Man candy right there if I do say so ! I like the wash board / cardboard bullet holder :lol: Thanks for sharing Howie
Greasemonkey

Post by Greasemonkey »

Very nice collection Howie :thumbsup:

This stuff was included when I bought my Albanian SKS. The oil bottle has some type of thick black oil in it, think "used motor oil", even has a faint smell of it. If I had more of the oil, I'd send it to a friend of mine who works in an oil sample analysis lab, he could break it down to basic compounds and find out what it is. The bottom third of the black case has a pouch that holds the kit and bottle. Also, on the cleaning kit tube there is no cap, and no provision to attach one that I can find. I have no clue what weapon this stuff goes to :vconfused:
I said I was an addict. I didn't say I had a problem.
OLD OUTLAW

Post by OLD OUTLAW »

Greasemonkey wrote:Very nice collection Howie :thumbsup:

This stuff was included when I bought my Albanian SKS. The oil bottle has some type of thick black oil in it, think "used motor oil", even has a faint smell of it. If I had more of the oil, I'd send it to a friend of mine who works in an oil sample analysis lab, he could break it down to basic compounds and find out what it is. The bottom third of the black case has a pouch that holds the kit and bottle. Also, on the cleaning kit tube there is no cap, and no provision to attach one that I can find. I have no clue what weapon this stuff goes to :vconfused:
Hey Carl! Did the Crow fly over your house today? Perhaps leave a deposit? :chuckles: :chuckles:
Happiness is owning Swedish Mausers!
polymerase2

Post by polymerase2 »

Wow, very nice.
We have met the enemy and he is us.
Greasemonkey

Post by Greasemonkey »

OLD OUTLAW wrote:Hey Carl! Did the Crow fly over your house today? Perhaps leave a deposit? :chuckles: :chuckles:
Yup :clap: The sling fairy came and blessed my Romanian with some very nice leather :pointdown: , the Chinese sling is now on my other Mak 90. :thumbsup:
HPIM0243.JPG

Howie, would this ammo pouch listed as unknown be Romanian, the stampings match the sling I just received.
I said I was an addict. I didn't say I had a problem.