M44

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
tjtM38

M44

Post by tjtM38 »

There seems to be some interest in M44 rifles recently. I don't think I have ever posted this one. This was the third Mosin Nagant rifle I bought about a year and a half ago; my dealer ordered it from AIM surplus handpick. I have not seen AIM stock them since. This one has a deep red shellac finish. This gun was so covered in cosmoline it took me three days to get it clean. Anyway, here are the best pics I can get without better lighting.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
desdem12

Re: M44

Post by desdem12 »

:vcool: :vcool: :vcool:
The commerce which maybe carried on with the people inhabiting the line you will pursue renders a knowledge of these people important ~Thomas Jefferson~ (to- Lewis and Clark)
tincansailor

Post by tincansailor »

:vcool: :vcool: :vcool:
Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club 1970-1973
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Nice M44, I love the cosmoline thing, the refurbs I was buying four years ago had little to no grease, and it is grease on them, cosmoline dries to a wax like coating, on them. At most it would take me an hour to clean them, and that was mostly parts inspection, putting on the sling and that sort of thing. At some point in the refurb process they must have started slathering that crap all over the rifles before sealing the crates. I know the rifle crate down at the gun shop has rifles that look like they were dipped in grease. I would think maybe the rifles I got were cleaned by the dealer, but I got almost 80 or more referbs from some 30 different sources and several different import stamps on them, all were grease free. The M39's, issued Mosins, and Turk Mauser's were grease filled.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bunkysdad »

Nice m44 Tj. Good to have at leasr one of these. They used to be so easy to get a few years ago for under a hundred bucks.
Buckhead

Post by Buckhead »

Nice one I have two m 38 and missed out on a m 44 last month. They seam to be getting harder to find.
:vcool: :vcool: :vcool: :vcool: