Ruger Blackhawk?

All hand guns welcome and discussed here.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus handguns or discussions on altering in this forum (On Military firearms only). Please read the rules at the top of each forum.
JoeR

Ruger Blackhawk?

Post by JoeR »

Just wondering if a single action .357 Blackhawk is worth $150? :twisted: Called my brother to ask about it and he said $150, he also has a Dan Wesson .357 which I didn't know that he had. The Ruger has been his since the 70's and I can tell you one thing you never want to do with it is stick your arm out a car window and shoot at a target. :big shock: OMG, I thought I was deaf for life, took 2-3 days to get my hearing back.

I may be more interested in the Wesson if it's double action and has smaller grips to fit my wife. Plus I bet it isn't as heavy, I recall that Ruger is a good sized piece. I know asking about which one to get, you'd say both , I know how you guys are..... :chuckles:
If at first you don't succeed, reload and try again.
bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Ruger Blackhawk?

Post by bunkysdad »

Dude, I did that too, but only once and it was a Super Blackhawk 44 mag out the window. 150 is a super great deal. The Dan Wesson is a double action revolver, very fine if in good condition. The Dan Wesson does not have smaller grips. It it a full size revolver, with big grips, but like everything else they can be changed. How long is the barrel on the DW? Those have interchangeable barrels. You should see the price of a Dan Wesson pistol Pac! Comes in it's own little suitcase. Comes in 357 mag, 44 mag, and 357 maximum
Jolly Green Chopper

Post by Jolly Green Chopper »

I was told by a gunsmith that the Dan Wesson was one of the only revolvers with a cylinder to barrel space small enough to allow use of a suppressor or silencer, with the 1895 7.62 Nagant being the other.Must be a pretty good gun . I don't remember which cal. he was referring too. JGC
JoeR

Post by JoeR »

Well he was just here and I looked / drooled. The Dan Wesson was awesome, has replaceable barrel about 6 inch or so. The price was a family discount of course. The Mrs. was home and I had her test fit ( knowing they were way too big) and I had planned on just sliding the deal along but since I was busted I had to pass. :lol: I may still figure a way to slide the Wesson here but for now the deal is off. Oh well, I didn't need either one of them since I have G22 just thought it would be fun to have a wheel gun.
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

That's the risk you take when you do a driveby, next time seek out your local crips or bloods and ask them how it's done proper :) I am assuming the $150 is a family only price, and it's a good one, grab it before some other family member offers him $200.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
etprescottazusa91

Post by etprescottazusa91 »

$150.00 for the Blackhawk......stop by an ATM and drive over a get it tonight before he changes his mind or someone convinces him to keep it or ask more for it :popgun:
"Fast is fine, But accuracy is everything" Wyatt Earp

"This year will go down in history. For the first time, a civilized nation has full gun registration. Our streets will be safer, our police more efficient, and the world will follow our lead into the future!"
Adolph Hitler – 1933
ponycarman

Post by ponycarman »

I like the blackhawks! I would most definitely get it for that price. Its a great deal.

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk
Let me make a short, open, blanket comment. There are no good guns. There are no bad guns. Any gun in the hands of a bad man is a bad thing. Any gun in the hands of a descent person is no threat to anyone--- except bad people. -- Charleton Heston

Guns are not good, they are not evil. Save those descriptions for the people holding the firearm. -- Unknown

1943 Izhevsk
1937 Izhevsk
1935/48/50 Tula (hex)
1939 Tula (laminate stock)
And many other firearms :D
bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bunkysdad »

You passed up a Blackhawk .357 mag for 150.00? Some things don't have to be thought about. Your wife should have bought it. I mean, that is a 400-500 dollar gun for 150.00? I would call him back
desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

Don't let these guys fool ya into buying that thing...i willl give you a hun...$125 to take it away. Family deal for you too. :thumbsup:
The commerce which maybe carried on with the people inhabiting the line you will pursue renders a knowledge of these people important ~Thomas Jefferson~ (to- Lewis and Clark)
Alden

Post by Alden »

Buy that Blackhawk today. :mrgreen:
Some people are like slinkies....

They are not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when pushed down a flight of stairs.

Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

He should have bought it by now, were are the pics??? :)
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
JoeR

Post by JoeR »

To be honest I may buy the Dan Wesson, it's a beast. The screw in barrel is cool, has a vent rib that Dirty Harry would like and it felt better in my hand than the BH did. I know this is sacrilegious to not drool after the Ruger but my huge hands need as much grip as possible and the DW had more. This isn't over yet...... :twisted:
bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bunkysdad »

Isn't it a shame we can't just get them all. The Dan Wesson is a work of art. They are shooters too. I mean target pistol accurate with that 6" barrel. I had one in 6" but a thief broke in and stole it. Stole 9 other guns too including a couple of Blackhawks
sjsevier

Post by sjsevier »

150 is a good price for almost any 357. Especially a Blackhawk. :biggrin:
bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bunkysdad »

Man I am still thinking about that Blackhawk. These guns in .357 are the perfect balance of power and ruggedness.
ImageImageImage
JoeR

Post by JoeR »

bunkysdad wrote:Man I am still thinking about that Blackhawk. These guns in .357 are the perfect balance of power and rugedness.

HA, I couldn't stop thinking about the Dan Wesson so I said I'd take it thinking the price was the same. He got the Ruger the old fashioned way, some guy needed $$ and he gave $150 for it way back in time. He still remembered that but he wasn't sure what he had in the DW and said for me to check prices online. Well sh!t, I can't screw my own brother after he was going to give me the BH at 1970's pricing. :twisted: :twisted: I did a small glance at GB and saw some steep prices on the wheel guns, since I wasn't sure what model I couldn't pin it down exactly I just went by barrel length and those puppies are pricey so I will forget it. If he asks me to look it up for another person to buy it I'll get the info and do a serious lookup. It felt so much better in my large hand than the BH did. Even though it was a deal of all deals no sense buying a gun that doesn't feel good and I won't buy it to double my $ :twisted: . Of course I could split the extra with him but that wouldn't fly either in my mind. I am still after the John Wayne Winchester if he ever really does sell of a lot of his herd. Not holding my breath on that...... :wink:
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

John Wayne Winchester?
Theodore Roosevelt
JoeR

Post by JoeR »

Junk Yard Dog wrote:John Wayne Winchester?
Check this Dawg....pardon my drool. :Drool1: Love the Duke.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewIt ... 140536#PIC
bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bunkysdad »

I think that Winchester is a commemorative from the 60's. Nice collectible but not a shooter at this point
JoeR

Post by JoeR »

bunkysdad wrote:I think that Winchester is a commemorative from the 60's. Nice collectible but not a shooter at this point
It was late 70's when I bought the one my brother has. A Christmas gift from Mom way back in the day. Since I have a FOID card I picked it up, the store had 3 of them, I made them bring all of them out and I picked the best one. I found a couple of minor flaws in 2 of them. I owned it for a few days.... :lol: Shame that store went out of business a few years ago. :vsad: