any interest in the topic of sks accessories?

Discussion of the SKS platform of semi auto rifles

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. Please read the rules at the top of each forum.
howiebearse

any interest in the topic of sks accessories?

Post by howiebearse »

I could start a topic and cover oil bottles, slings, ammo pouches, ammunition if anyone would like to see that. It would be all sks countries.
Celt

Re: any interest in the topic of sks accessories?

Post by Celt »

I would love that Howie. Count me in.
You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.
Winston Churchill

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!
Bareassmeagain

Post by Bareassmeagain »

Yes on Howie's any informational SkS topic ! Heck ill even endorse a (Howie's Surplus gun of the month ) Post :thumbsup:
Greasemonkey

Post by Greasemonkey »

Howie, I would have to say yes, I have a couple of odds and ends I'm curious about.

Bareassmeagain wrote:Yes on Howie's any informational SkS topic ! Heck ill even endorse a (Howie's Surplus gun of the month ) Post :thumbsup:
:pointup:I'm with him :thumbsup:
I said I was an addict. I didn't say I had a problem.
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Good idea, I probably have some lying around and have no idea. Years back Karl-Heinz did such a page for Mosin's that was very educational.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
ttnc

Post by ttnc »

I'm certainly in! Thanks up front for your offer.
howiebearse

Post by howiebearse »

I am putting it together now will post soon thanks for all the heads up I am sure you will find it interesting
bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bunkysdad »

I could watch with enthusiasm from the grandstands.
Jolly Green Chopper

Post by Jolly Green Chopper »

I am interested in SKS info and will follow your new topic on accessories for sure. I need to find a reliable type of high capacity 30 Round magazine. The last ones I got from a dealer in Abilene,Tx didn't work well. Would only cycle about half the magazine,then stop feeding as cartridges would get stuck like they were to long. I had three magazines from the same dealer and sent them back. I have a five shot magazine that seems to be OK. This is a type 56 SKS I have tried different ammo with no change. Thanks I will be watching for your new topic. Does anyone use a 30 round magazine with their type 56 SKS
Sirex

Post by Sirex »

I am interested. I got my Yugo "unissued" covered in commie-goo, with the ammo pouches, cleaning kit, sling, and oil bottle. I just wish mine came with some sort of log book like others got. Aside from my Mosins, the SKS is my absolute favorite rifle to shoot. I would love to see the SKS accessories. Even the odd Serbian 'sniper" SKSs.
tjtM38

Post by tjtM38 »

As a new SKS owner, I'm interested in anything of regarding accessories. I want to keep the rifle original, but would like to mount a red dot sight without permanently modifying the weapon. Not interested in high capacity mags. I have an AK clone to enjoy that sort of stuff.
RMXC51

Post by RMXC51 »

Definitely interested. I have many different types of ammo pouches (all Russian) that I've been meaning to take pictures of and post up for discussion. Also have two distinctly different types of Russian cleaning kits. Not sure if that subject has been covered before.
Somewhere in Canada
OLD OUTLAW

Post by OLD OUTLAW »

Do it Howie. I've got a few items I'm not sure of where they came from by country.
Happiness is owning Swedish Mausers!
Bareassmeagain

Post by Bareassmeagain »

If outlaw's in Im in. Ive never seen a bad post of thread by Howie. But im still in awww about all them ground up Polish Tokarev's awhile back.