Swede M96. Why Not?

All collectible military bolt rifles are discussed here. From all countries around the world.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. Please read the rules at the top of each forum.
martin08

Swede M96. Why Not?

Post by martin08 »

I didn't really need another milsurp. And I already have an M41 Sniper on a Carl Gustafs Mauser. But when this 1909 M96 was sitting on the rack at $215, I just said, "Why not."

Just the rear barrel band and cleaning rod not matching, all other parts good, a little thin on the bluing, not the best bore rating (it shines to me!), but I'll bet it still shoots sweet.

Some pics, and thanks for looking.

No words of wisdom come to mind at this time....
lonesome

Re: Swede M96. Why Not?

Post by lonesome »

Sweet. I'd love a Swede. I'd like to see if one can really out shoot my Swiss ladies.
millman
Administrator
Administrator

Post by millman »

lonesome wrote:Sweet. I'd love a Swede. I'd like to see if one can really out shoot my Swiss ladies.
If you can find a rifle to out shoot them, it would most likely be one of these Swedes.

Very nice Martin. At $215 I would have snagged that one as well.
“Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.” George Orwell, English novelist, essayist, and critic, 1903-1950

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C. S. Lewis
lonesome

Post by lonesome »

millman wrote:
lonesome wrote:Sweet. I'd love a Swede. I'd like to see if one can really out shoot my Swiss ladies.
If you can find a rifle to out shoot them, it would most likely be one of these Swedes.
Yep, that is what I've always heard/read. I'd like to get one to see for myself. $215 is a steal for one of these.
martin08

Post by martin08 »

What surprises me most about the price was that the gun was at Cabela's..... :shock:

A fellow Gunboard's member, Kablam, was the sales rep that evening. He honestly gave me their best price, while not having to explain why they didn't meet their profit margin. In reality, I would still have bought it at $225. These are usually more toward the $300-plus mark, even with a part or two not matching.
Izhevsk762

Post by Izhevsk762 »

Nice rifle, at an even better price!

I'd like an M96 someday, but the only one I've seen in my neck of the woods was $425, so I passed.
The user formerly known as mosinnagantm9130
millman
Administrator
Administrator

Post by millman »

I found mine on consignment at a local shop for $250.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
“Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.” George Orwell, English novelist, essayist, and critic, 1903-1950

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C. S. Lewis
martin08

Post by martin08 »

millman wrote:I found mine on consignment at a local shop for $250.
Has Dolk tried to buy that stock from you, yet? :lol:
desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

Sweet Swedes..The only one ive seen here was for $450 and it doesn't look half as good as those :vcool: :vcool:
The commerce which maybe carried on with the people inhabiting the line you will pursue renders a knowledge of these people important ~Thomas Jefferson~ (to- Lewis and Clark)
millman
Administrator
Administrator

Post by millman »

martin08 wrote:
millman wrote:I found mine on consignment at a local shop for $250.
Has Dolk tried to buy that stock from you, yet? :lol:
I don't know why he would want this old thing. :wink:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

C. S. Lewis
Longcolt44
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Longcolt44 »

That is too bad, so young, so ugly. Have you thought of 80 grit on a belt sander??
FREEDOM...USE IT OR LOSE IT!!
millman
Administrator
Administrator

Post by millman »

Longcolt44 wrote:That is too bad, so young, so ugly. Have you thought of 80 grit on a belt sander??
Do you think that would work to remove those wierd stripey marks? :vconfused:

C. S. Lewis
Mikey_P

Post by Mikey_P »

millman wrote:
Longcolt44 wrote:That is too bad, so young, so ugly. Have you thought of 80 grit on a belt sander??
Do you think that would work to remove those wierd stripey marks? :vconfused:
If it didn't work, you'd at least have a nice rough surface for the spray-on truck bed liner to adhere to :D . All kidding aside - some beautiful Swedes in those pics, for sure.
Rongo
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Rongo »

Nice!!

I would have fallen over myself pulling my wallet out at that price. Excellent find. :vcool: :vcool:
"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it". Mark Twain

"Dang that entropy"
Hlavinka

Post by Hlavinka »

Can't go wrong with a Swede! Price was a bonus.
Noble Sniper

Post by Noble Sniper »

Nice find and great shooters ;)
•"Was there ever a people whose leaders were as truly their enemies as this one?"
- Ernest Hemingway, For Whom the Bell Tolls

"....from my cold dead hands:
President Charleton Heston

"Mein Führer... I CAN WALK !! "
Dr. Strangelove
bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bunkysdad »

Obviously he'd want it for the stock disc and label
millman
Administrator
Administrator

Post by millman »

bunkysdad wrote:Obviously he'd want it for the stock disc and label
:)

C. S. Lewis
bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bunkysdad »

I have seen alot of these with stripes,but yours Erik is the nicest I've seen. Are you reloading for it already?
millman
Administrator
Administrator

Post by millman »

Yes. I can post some targets when I get home.

C. S. Lewis