Mr D's big gun shop adventure :-)

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
Darryl
Sniper Expert
Sniper Expert

Mr D's big gun shop adventure :-)

Post by Darryl »

My son is visiting from Utah, and I decided to take him to Kari's favorite gun shop "Krausewerks" in San Mateo. I went in just to look. I don't have the money for any firearms right now, but that changed pretty fast.

Now I have to say, these are some of the best guy's I have ever found in a gun shop (or any shop for that matter). What a bunch of great guys. I have been there a couple of times before and they were the same way. I asked if I could take a couple of photos of the shop to show you guys on the forums and they said sure...go ahead. I was taking the photos when the owner came out from the back room and asked, are you with the IRS or the BATF? I told him he didn't have to be so nasty to me and we had a good laugh. :lol: :lol: I told him I was from the forums that Kari used to hang around on and things got even better.

Well, bottom line is I found a shotgun I had to have and there was no price on it. The owner looked at it and said, $150 is the "friend of Kari" price. 8-) When I got it to the front counter, he said "What the heck make it $125, it's a "Kari special" today. 8-) 8-)

I'll post it later tonight.

Here is some of the photos of the store, If you are in the area, you have to go here....Almost all C&R's. The cabinets in the front are all filled with C&R handguns and some newer.

Dolk

Krausewerks of San Mateo
......................(free advertising for a great shop!)........................

Most of the main part of the shop

The other side (and there is a bunch behind me also!

This is 1/2 of the shotgun room. Some real nice shotguns in there, but I only got 1/2 of the room, I don't know why!

1/2 of the sword, bayonet and knife room. I missed the other half on this also!

millman
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Mr D's big gun shop adventure

Post by millman »

WOW!
“Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.” George Orwell, English novelist, essayist, and critic, 1903-1950

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C. S. Lewis
Darryl
Sniper Expert
Sniper Expert

Re: Mr D's big gun shop adventure

Post by Darryl »

millman wrote:WOW!
Yes, that says it as best you can in one word.

Dolk
klibben

Re: Mr D's big gun shop adventure :-)

Post by klibben »

I want that 1895!
"Si vis pacem, para bellum" - Flavius Vegetius Renatus (ca 390 AD)
Rongo
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Rongo »

8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) :dance:
"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it". Mark Twain

"Dang that entropy"
WeldonHunter

Post by WeldonHunter »

Wow is right. I never knew about that place. I lived in the bay area for about 6 years, Tracy for 12 years and have family, sort of, that live in San Mateo. You ever heard of the San Francisco Gun Exchange? Nate Posner was the owner.

I was just checking the net about the SF Gun Exchange and found this after I posted the above. There's a guy working at Krause Werks that used to work for Nate. Small world.

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/show ... p?t=420560
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

A half mill cash in a sack, rented box truck, a week after my first lotto check.....
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bunkysdad »

Jim you could just take your personal gun hauling rig, and once again, swing through Texas and pick me up. I want everything on the right hand wall.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

:vcool: :vcool: :vcool: :clap: :clap: :clap:
The commerce which maybe carried on with the people inhabiting the line you will pursue renders a knowledge of these people important ~Thomas Jefferson~ (to- Lewis and Clark)
Darryl
Sniper Expert
Sniper Expert

Post by Darryl »

I just posted the shotgun over in the shotgun forums
http://www.russian-mosin-nagant-forum.c ... f=12&t=770

You know the typical gun shop owners that think they know everything and don't and have that attitude? Well, these guys were the opposite!
They are about 45 minutes away from me thank goodness! (or I'd be in bad financial shape!)

Dolk
Hlavinka

Post by Hlavinka »

Toy Store!
Ironnewt

Post by Ironnewt »

I've never seen than many guns in any gunshop here in the People's Republik of Maryland. WOW :big shock: is the only way to talk about a place like that. And the guys working there sound great too.
Damn, I'll bet that's going to leave a mark! Probably hurt too!
"I think Congressmen should wear uniforms,
you know, like NASCAR drivers, so we could
identify their corporate sponsors."

"When I die, I want to be facing my enemies surrounded by their dead bodies and piles of spent brass"
"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience." - Mark Twain

popgun

Post by popgun »

:pop: :pop: :pop: wow wow wow is the right for that shop!popgun :pop: :pop: :pop