Scope Rail Identification

Rim Fire Firearms
angelsfanbp

Scope Rail Identification

Post by angelsfanbp »

I know this is a stupid question but I only know picatinny rails. Can someone id this rail for me.
IMG_1634.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by angelsfanbp on Wed May 23, 2012 5:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have.” Thomas Jefferson
http://www.RifleGuru.com How To Videos
1937 Izhevsk M91/30 Round
1939 Tula M91/30 Ex Sniper
millman
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Scope Rail Identification

Post by millman »

It's a Weaver rail with a 3/8 dovetail for .22 rings on top. For which particular rifle, I have no idea.
“Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.” George Orwell, English novelist, essayist, and critic, 1903-1950

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C. S. Lewis
angelsfanbp

Post by angelsfanbp »

thanks millman! It came with my Ruger 10/22 but my weaver scope wouldn't fit so I was having an anurism cause I figured I was being stupid! I've never seen the 3/8 dovetail on it. Thanks again.....off to Walmart I go....
“A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have.” Thomas Jefferson
millman
Administrator
Administrator

Post by millman »

Why didn't it fit? Not enough height clearance? That base will work with weaver style rings or .22 rings.
“Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.” George Orwell, English novelist, essayist, and critic, 1903-1950

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C. S. Lewis
angelsfanbp

Post by angelsfanbp »

the dovetail is too wide. if hit's my frame of my scope.