Where is JYD? New updated 27, Aug at 10:40 AM PST

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
Darryl
Sniper Expert
Sniper Expert

Where is JYD? New updated 27, Aug at 10:40 AM PST

Post by Darryl »

JYD is tied to a 53 Buick until this hurricane goes by him.

He's got a lot of prep work around the house, and after he said he will be here. He'll probably end up in OZ! :lol:

Keep him in your thoughts!

Dolk
millman
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Where is JYD?

Post by millman »

Riding out a hurricane in an RV ought to have its exciting moments.
“Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.” George Orwell, English novelist, essayist, and critic, 1903-1950

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C. S. Lewis
SA1911a1

Post by SA1911a1 »

millman wrote:Riding out a hurricane in an RV ought to have its exciting moments.
I hope the old bugger is smart enough to drive that RV out of range, they don't float worth a damn.

He needs to come to Florida; no hurricanes, cooler weather and no Yankees.
Aut Pax Aut Bellum
Rongo
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Rongo »

He's too ornery to be done in by a storm. But I'll keep him in my thoughts all the same. :D
"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it". Mark Twain

"Dang that entropy"
millman
Administrator
Administrator

Post by millman »

SA1911a1 wrote:
millman wrote: He needs to come to Florida; no hurricanes, cooler weather and no Yankees.
I heard Fla is full of yankees. :?
“Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.” George Orwell, English novelist, essayist, and critic, 1903-1950

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C. S. Lewis
SA1911a1

Post by SA1911a1 »

millman wrote:
SA1911a1 wrote:
millman wrote: He needs to come to Florida; no hurricanes, cooler weather and no Yankees.
I heard Fla is full of yankees. :?
I don't live in that part of Florida. My Florida is deep South. Rolling hills, deep woods, Southern Belles. The Yanks can have everything South of Ocala.

EDIT:

Since the dawg ain't here, and he ain't gonna be home, how bout lets plan a raid on his bunker for Sunday?????
Aut Pax Aut Bellum
Longcolt44
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Longcolt44 »

I think I would rather take my chances with a stage 5 hurricane than JYD's .554 muzzle loader from a hidden conctete bunker.
FREEDOM...USE IT OR LOSE IT!!
Rongo
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Rongo »

Longcolt44 wrote:I think I would rather take my chances with a stage 5 hurricane than JYD's .554 muzzle loader from a hidden conctete bunker.
+1 :shock:
"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it". Mark Twain

"Dang that entropy"
bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bunkysdad »

You'd never get past the claymores!
SA1911a1

Post by SA1911a1 »

bunkysdad wrote:You'd never get past the claymores!

Well, it was a thought. (By the way, don't tell him I suggested it)
Aut Pax Aut Bellum
Darryl
Sniper Expert
Sniper Expert

Post by Darryl »

This is kind of like "where is Waldo"!

Here is the latest from JYD. He sent to me this AM.
Let's keep him in our prayers!
Hello;
Didn't you get my PM from the other day? As I feared then the worst is going to happen, the hurricane is headed right at us. We are expecting 85 mph winds and 10+" of rain, it's already raining now, but no wind yet, that will happen sometime after midnight tonight. The rain has been heavy at times, flooding, downed trees, and lost power are all expected. The grocery store was mobbed last night, there is not a battery or gallon of milk to be had, even the Spam shelf looked like it was getting cleaned off. I have been busy securing as much as I can from the wind, I am going to go up now and wrap the cars in their winter covers in case the roof goes on the car shed, and see about moving some more stuff out of the way. I had people who evacuated from the low areas on Long Island sleeping in their cars outside the shop when I got in this morning, they pulled off the interstate in the night. I am well supplied, have the power gennys and chain saw ready, got my cookies, and trail mix ready as well as some meat for the BBQ, the RV is in a pretty good spot, and on high ground. Like I was telling Russell, I will try to keep updates coming for as long as the cable holds up, I expect it will go sometime around 8am Sunday morning when the storm reaches it's peak. I have the batterys in everything from my electric shaver to the Sony Bloggie charging so there will be pictures, maybe even movies but I don't know how to post them.
I still need the link to the new forum if you want me to register, I will try to get back on later, or tonight, right now I need to go fill five gallon buckets with water so we can flush the crapper Monday if the building is still standing.
JIM
Rongo
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Where is JYD? New updated 27, Aug at 10:40 AM PST

Post by Rongo »

My prayers go out to Jim that all goes well.

"Dang that entropy"
klibben

Post by klibben »

THE GUNS! HE FORGOT THE GUNS!
"Si vis pacem, para bellum" - Flavius Vegetius Renatus (ca 390 AD)
Rongo
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Rongo »

klibben wrote:THE GUNS! HE FORGOT THE GUNS!
+1 :shock:

"Dang that entropy"
millman
Administrator
Administrator

Post by millman »

klibben wrote:THE GUNS! HE FORGOT THE GUNS!
I highly doubt it.

C. S. Lewis
Darryl
Sniper Expert
Sniper Expert

Post by Darryl »

I'm hunkered down about 3 blocks from JYD in a hole in the ground waiting for the hurricane to pass, then I will pop out and check on his guns, Ahh, I mean Jim to see if they, Ahh, he is OK. ;)

Dolk
SA1911a1

Post by SA1911a1 »

Hey D.,

If Jim is worried about his guns, he still has time to UPS them to me, it is dry here, and I would take very good care of them. :twisted:
Aut Pax Aut Bellum
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Never mind the Claymores, beware of the owner, Irene is on the way, well, here actually, it's raining on and off, I figure I will broil some burgers up while I still have power and don't have to fire up the genny. Storms like this spook the hell out of me since the near death experience at the hands of the twister in '89, I don't like wind, and wind is what is coming. I have lots of cookies, bacon, and other comfort foods to ride out the storm. Erik, the RV is 24,000 pounds unloaded, add another two or three thousand for all my crap, it's not going anyplace in a category one wind, that's 85 MPH and it should be less once it gets here. I am on high ground, no flood danger, and the RV is partly shielded from the wind. I had people sleeping in their cars outside the shop this morning, they had evaced from Long Island and pulled off the interstate to sleep. The burgers are starting to smell real good, ordinarily I would BBQ them, however today they would wash off the grill.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
Darryl
Sniper Expert
Sniper Expert

Post by Darryl »

Don't forget the bacon flavor Pringles! 8-) 8-) 8-)

Dolk
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

The bastards down at the supermarket haven't had any on the shelf for almost a year despite my nonstop complaining, I will have to order some off the Internet like I did with the Mushroom, and Pork flavors of ramen noodle soup. Steve, my friend Mike works for UPS, he isn't going to venture out for anything tonight :) My bacon cheese burgers are ready.

Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt