Ammo... So Expensive

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
kermit
ban
ban

Re: Ammo... So Expensive

Post by kermit »

i paid $67.95 for cope's rusty can Russian 7.62X54R so i bought 2 cans and shipping was $9.95 for both by fedex. my other can -=Bulgarian i got from lucky gunner....
Camping is cheaper than therapy. San Diego,ca. usa
numet36

Post by numet36 »

And to think I've turned down free packs of surplus ammo....I just dont trust my self to clean it out in time or the right way :vsad:
WeldonHunter

Post by WeldonHunter »

TheZombieKilla wrote:Face to Face, it rids of shipping, so if someone says ftf only the mean they won't ship so local sales only.
Heh, how 'bout that. Ya learn something new everyday. Never heard of it. Thanks.
WeldonHunter

Post by WeldonHunter »

Longcolt44 wrote:I live within 30 minutes of both AIM and SOG, getting amo is just a short drive away. I like JYD have lots on hand. I love their sales.
Yeah and I'm sooooo jealous of you. You not only get to visit them and see all the stuff in person you save on shipping as well. :thumbsup:
TheZombieKilla

Post by TheZombieKilla »

:pointup: yeah this is some pretty big BS, the jealousy, can you smell it yet?
Jolly Green Chopper

Post by Jolly Green Chopper »

I have at least a thousand rounds for every type gun I own. I don't shoot all of them but I do like to add to my collection. I just bought an 800 rd. Tin from J&G for about $165.00 could have paid $129.00 if I bought The Tok TTC 7.62x25 Romanian but I opted for the SOG Yugoslavian M57 for the same price $219.00 Thanks for the info from a member of this forum that the Yugo is the most popular version with a 9+1 Mag. instead of 8+1 with the Romaian Tok TTC . SOG was selling M57's last year with an extra mag. for $199.00 with original holster, cleaning tool and in excellent condition. This year they did not even have ammo to sell with the gun. He who hesitates! :pointdown: I will post pictures of it and the new cz 82 I just got with 500 rds. of JHP and 1000 FMJ 9mm Mak. I'm thinking of getting a P64 ,9mm Mak but I heard the DA trigger pull sucks. I wonder how much trouble it is to convert to the better trigger pull. I read here that some of you have done it. What do you think? IT's getting to where I won't do anything without first asking for advice from this forum. Thanks very much for your help. Rick,Aka JGC
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

numet36 wrote:And to think I've turned down free packs of surplus ammo....I just dont trust my self to clean it out in time or the right way :vsad:
Next time accept it, thank them, and send it to me :biggrin:

I even have ammo for firearms I don't own, I pick up small lots of this and that at flea markets and tag sales all the time. Last year a guy at a flea market had a pile of boxes of 9mm, .45acp. , .380. .357, and 38 special, full boxes at ten bucks each, knocked down to eight bucks as I took it all. There was even a box of .357 Federal hydrashock in the mix. Then the guy pulls out a box of bayonets and some M1 carbine magazines....yea, we did some business :lol:
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
TheZombieKilla

Post by TheZombieKilla »

So the guy I emailed never responded, and I was like WTF :angry4: As soon as he posted within a minute I responded so he should have still been online right? I then sent two text messages to his phone. :angry4: :angry4: Then email this morning and he replies instantly saying someone emailed me late last night and I'm meeting this morning. :angry4: :angry4: :angry4:
I reply well I emailed you instantly after your post and sent two texts, and he wont reply. DUMMY.
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

:violin: C'est la vie Now, about that jealousy thing........... Don't worry, shit happens, another deal will come along sooner or later.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
TheZombieKilla

Post by TheZombieKilla »

Nope, I'm so frustrated I'm selling my mosin and never want to hear 7.62x54R again. Hell JYD I'll give it too you for your M44 lammy :chuckles: :chuckles: :chuckles: :chuckles: :chuckles: :chuckles: :chuckles: :chuckles: :chuckles: :chuckles: :chuckles: :chuckles: :chuckles: :chuckles: :chuckles: :chuckles: :chuckles: :chuckles: :chuckles: :chuckles: :chuckles: :chuckles: :chuckles: :chuckles: :chuckles: :chuckles: :chuckles: :chuckles: :chuckles: :chuckles: :chuckles: :chuckles: :chuckles: :chuckles: :chuckles: :chuckles: :chuckles: :chuckles: :chuckles: :chuckles: :chuckles: :chuckles: :chuckles: :chuckles: :chuckles: :chuckles: :chuckles: :chuckles: :chuckles: :chuckles: :chuckles: :chuckles: :chuckles: :chuckles: :chuckles: :chuckles: :chuckles: :chuckles: :chuckles:
Last edited by TheZombieKilla on Thu May 17, 2012 5:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Noted, and witnessed, I await my new Mosin :)
Theodore Roosevelt
TheZombieKilla

Post by TheZombieKilla »

:lol: In trade for your lammy M44 of course :chuckles:
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

"Hell JYD I'll give it too you for free"

Free was the deal :)
Theodore Roosevelt
TheZombieKilla

Post by TheZombieKilla »

What are you talking about?? Ive never seen that quote in my life :chuckles:
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

You realize that with administrative powers the original post is but a click away? :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Theodore Roosevelt
TheZombieKilla

Post by TheZombieKilla »

Oh I know, but must the whole world see it? Nope, they don't there is no need for that.
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Theodore Roosevelt
Jolly Green Chopper

Post by Jolly Green Chopper »

:D Now ! were having fun :chuckles: :laugh16:
TheZombieKilla

Post by TheZombieKilla »

Fun? FUN? YOU CALL THIS FUN! :big shock: My Mosin's life was threatened, I know how JYD treats them. Let's just say he like it rough. :chuckles: :chuckles: :chuckles:
popgun

Post by popgun »

OK YOUR ALL GOING TO GET! :popgun: :popgun: :popgun: :popgun: :popgun: :popgun: :pop: :pop: :popgun: :popgun: :popgun: :popgun: popgun