My first Mosin!

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
Gollum86

My first Mosin!

Post by Gollum86 »

Hi all! So I went to a gun show last month thinking of getting a stripped AR15 lower. Then I started reading about the Mosin Nagants and got really interested. Needless to say I'm here so that means I didn't get the AR lower! Found a dealer that had a rack of about 10 91/30's. I didn't really know too much about them at the time other than I wanted one, so I just picked one that looked decent. Got it home, disassembled and cleaned real good (thankfully it was packed in grease and not cosmo). Checked the firing pin protrusion, need to check the headspace. (Anybody in the Spring TX area with a gauge I could use? I'm planning on ordering one eventually because I'm sure this won't be my first Mosin.) Been reading a lot on this forum and learning. Below are some pics.

Celt

Re: My first Mosin!

Post by Celt »

:Drool1: :Drool1: :Drool1: much better than an ar lower in my book! Beautiful rifle sir.
You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.
Winston Churchill

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!
BuckeyeSgt

Post by BuckeyeSgt »

Nice two piece stock. My brother in law is in Spring...but he doesn't have any gauges. Good choice :thumbsup:
Некто кроме нас
US Army 90-94 98G Russian
Army Reserves 94-98 37F
SA1911a1

Post by SA1911a1 »

Great looking rifle. Congrats and welcome to the club!
Aut Pax Aut Bellum
Fred_G

Post by Fred_G »

That is one nice looking Mosin, congrats! Now go shoot it and post up a range report. And if you want a stripped AR lower, check out Palamtto State Armory. They run them on sale sometimes.

Heck $79 for a lower, with free shipping (I think), maybe you can afford the lower as well.

http://palmettostatearmory.com/index.ph ... lower.html
Gollum86

Post by Gollum86 »

Yeah I was checking them out. I actually did a lot more research on those before I got the Mosin. Still want one but the Mosinitus is kicking in.....
bb91

Post by bb91 »

42 Izhevsk, now you'll need a Tula and.... and..... :P Congrats!
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Nice wartime Izhevsk :vcool: :vcool: :vcool: The start of a large collection I hope :)
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

:vcool: :vcool: :vcool: :vcool:
The commerce which maybe carried on with the people inhabiting the line you will pursue renders a knowledge of these people important ~Thomas Jefferson~ (to- Lewis and Clark)
angelsfanbp

Post by angelsfanbp »

Beautiful! :thumbsup:
“A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have.” Thomas Jefferson
http://www.RifleGuru.com How To Videos
1937 Izhevsk M91/30 Round
1939 Tula M91/30 Ex Sniper
etprescottazusa91

Post by etprescottazusa91 »

Gollum86 wrote:Yeah I was checking them out. I actually did a lot more research on those before I got the Mosin. Still want one but the Mosinitus is kicking in.....
Nice rifle, let us know how you like shooting it when you get it out to the range. :)
"Fast is fine, But accuracy is everything" Wyatt Earp

"This year will go down in history. For the first time, a civilized nation has full gun registration. Our streets will be safer, our police more efficient, and the world will follow our lead into the future!"
Adolph Hitler – 1933
popgun

Post by popgun »

HAY! my first mosin was a m44. got it only because something about it just hit me. got 2 more both 91/30 (as some know son kidnapped one 91/30) have fun with it and take care of it! this forum has good info even though we act up alot. looks like a nice mosin. :popgun: :popgun: :pop: :pop: :pointup: