Thought I had one

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
ttnc

Thought I had one

Post by ttnc »

Responded to a post from a site out west and thought I might have nabbed a Russian M44. Post said all number match and were not force matched with a price of $150.00 Sent several messages and posts as well as emails and now the post is gone too. Oh well, I guess it was too good to be true. I do have my lgs checking with SOG. They tell me they do have the M44 in stock but of course I need to go thru my lgs for information and pricing. Hope he quotes me a good price since I have done all the work for him as well as bought a new pistol from him two months ago. :Drool1:
redspoon

Re: Thought I had one

Post by redspoon »

ttnc talk to your local gun shop guy and use your recent purchase as a haggle point, he might knock off a few bucks on his transfer fee. My lgs has transfer fee of $40, but I've received several rifles thru him and he knocks of a few $ now on the transfers he does for me.
desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

I hope you can get in on one before they are gone. I saw they were $179 it said but it also said they were out of stock too. :D
Good luck :thumbsup:
The commerce which maybe carried on with the people inhabiting the line you will pursue renders a knowledge of these people important ~Thomas Jefferson~ (to- Lewis and Clark)
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Get them while you can :)
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
ttnc

Post by ttnc »

desdem12 wrote:I hope you can get in on one before they are gone. I saw they were $179 it said but it also said they were out of stock too. :D
Good luck :thumbsup:
Did not want to hear that!! One lgs has one in pretty fair shape for 199 the bolt # does not match but all the others do and the stock is a bit rough. Another has 3 but they are all rough looking stocks and they had a really rough 38 as well as several other rifles from the same era.
popgun

Post by popgun »

ttnc i wish i could get a m38 out here! oregun (oregon) hay buy now it going to cost more later. have fun!!! pogun :popgun: :popgun: :pop: :pop: :pointup:
popgun

Post by popgun »

still cannot spell have alot of fun with your mosin!!!!!!!!! popgun :popgun: :popgun: :pointup:
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

The M38 was the first Mosin to get scarce on the dealers shelves, I was still finding 91/59's fairly easily when I started having trouble finding M38's
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

I would be over there looking those "rough" ones over real good to see if they are as issued or finn marked. You made them all sound like treasures to go for RIGHT NOW. Just so's i can make sure that they aren't gonna take you...just exactly where are these rough guns? :ugeek: :thumbsup:
Last edited by desdem12 on Tue May 08, 2012 9:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The commerce which maybe carried on with the people inhabiting the line you will pursue renders a knowledge of these people important ~Thomas Jefferson~ (to- Lewis and Clark)
Celt

Post by Celt »

The rough looking ones are sometimes t :D he good ones!
You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.
Winston Churchill

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!
bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bunkysdad »

I got a great deal on this rough one, but I would not take 5 times my money back right now.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
popgun

Post by popgun »

that is a heck of a good looking old gun! ttnc just hang in you will get a good one. popgun :popgun: :popgun: :pop: :pop: :pointup:
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

:vcool: :vcool: :vcool:
Theodore Roosevelt
etprescottazusa91

Post by etprescottazusa91 »

popgun wrote:still cannot spell have alot of fun with your mosin!!!!!!!!! popgun :popgun: :popgun: :pointup:
PopGun Google Chrome as your browser comes with spell check and spell checks everything you do pics and all, kind of handy.
"Fast is fine, But accuracy is everything" Wyatt Earp

"This year will go down in history. For the first time, a civilized nation has full gun registration. Our streets will be safer, our police more efficient, and the world will follow our lead into the future!"
Adolph Hitler – 1933
popgun

Post by popgun »

hay never said i could spell!! what is google or is that gargle? did a shoot of 72x62RRR. popgun :popgun: :popgun: :pop: :pop: :pointup: :pointup: :pointup: :pointleft:
popgun

Post by popgun »

OH! sorry it is 762x54RRR. now what! see can not type numbers. more 7762x5544RR. :spam2: :spam2: :popgun: :popgun: :pop: :Drool1:
Jumperwire
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Jumperwire »

:D :D :D
popgun

Post by popgun »

ttnc where you from? out here in oregun( oregon see i can not spell) we can only get 91/30 from big5. it seem nothing comes out this way.do have a problem buying anything on the web. but go for it if you can. jyn has monopoly on mosins. popgun :popgun: :popgun: :popgun: :pop: :spam2: :Drool1:
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Only in the northeast Pop's, the rest of the country I am simply sent pics before the rifles are released for sale :)
Theodore Roosevelt
ttnc

Post by ttnc »

Hey Popgun I am in North Carolina. I saw at least a dozen 91/30s at one pawn shop last week but I was wanting to find an M44. I am going to make a round today and see what they have that might be new.