1934 Tula Mosin Nagant **PIC HEAVY**

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
tjtM38

Re: 1934 Tula Mosin Nagant **PIC HEAVY**

Post by tjtM38 »

Some of the best pictures I have seen. I love the Tula Hex receivers. You have a very nice rifle.
Sgt. Rob

Post by Sgt. Rob »

Excellent Tula! :thumbsup: Anybody else notice the "MO" on the buttplate? Interesting..................

Semper Fi, Rob
My Mosin-Nagant arsenal.........is growing again
1938 Tula
1943 Izhevsk M91/30 PU Sniper
MessEleven

Post by MessEleven »

Sgt. Rob wrote:Excellent Tula! :thumbsup: Anybody else notice the "MO" on the buttplate? Interesting..................

Semper Fi, Rob
What does the "MO" mean?

I hope that when I die, people say about me, 'Boy, that guy sure owed me a lot of money.'
- Jack Handey
Sgt. Rob

Post by Sgt. Rob »

When MO is found on former soviet rifles, its usually on the barrel shank with an additional date or two. Rumour is it signifies Ministry of Defense issue. Or other nefarious former Soviet entities! We may never know for sure, but it is neat that an MO marked rifle has the additional dates, sometimes some other unkown marks, and in general many MO marked rifles seem to have had the metal polished up a little prior to arsenal refurbing.

Semper Fi, Rob
My Mosin-Nagant arsenal.........is growing again
1938 Tula
1943 Izhevsk M91/30 PU Sniper
Kyle

1934 Tula Mosin Nagant **PIC HEAVY**

Post by Kyle »

I also noticed what looks like crossed hammers on the receiver above the 3 in the serial number. And I think there is one on the buttstock.
Formerly kyle514

History admires the wise, but elevates the brave. - Edmund Morris
dou44

Post by dou44 »

very nice rifle they sent you. :thumbsup:
bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bunkysdad »

That looks nice. So you thought you were getting a round receiver? What a nice surprise. Buds has good prices, and free shipping.
Kyle

Post by Kyle »

bunkysdad wrote:That looks nice. So you thought you were getting a round receiver? What a nice surprise. Buds has good prices, and free shipping.
Yes, I had ordered two others from Buds, the Very Good condition ones and they were both advertised as round. Then I got a email from them saying they received a shipment of Excellent condition Mosins and were just going to sell them under the VG MN, so I put in my order in and got that. :D

I want to order two more from Buds, but I am running out places to hide them from the wife. :wink:
Formerly kyle514

History admires the wise, but elevates the brave. - Edmund Morris
exbat

Post by exbat »

Beautiful!
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Why are you hiding rifles from your wife? Will she steal them if she finds them ? :)
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt