5 M91/30's

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
mikerb55

5 M91/30's

Post by mikerb55 »

I happend to be in the local outdoor store last night picking up supplies for this weekend elk hunting, and when I walked past their wall of rifles, I spotted 5 M91/30's in the rack. All of them were "Izzys" and were imported by Century Arms. They had a '39, '40, '43 and (2) '44's. They were asking $115 per rifle w/o any accessories. I thought that was a littel high. All of them seemed to be in fairly good shape. I think I'll keep checking this source every so often to see if I can find a Tula gun or maybe a hex receiver. :D
John Wayne as John Bernard Books (The Shootist):
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them."
desdem12

Re: 5 M91/30's

Post by desdem12 »

$115 is close to the going rate, I probably would've checked them out to see if any spoke to me. I have paid around that once or twice. You never know what you will find which is half the fun :biggrin:
The commerce which maybe carried on with the people inhabiting the line you will pursue renders a knowledge of these people important ~Thomas Jefferson~ (to- Lewis and Clark)
bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bunkysdad »

That sounds ok but they should include the accessories.
mikerb55

Post by mikerb55 »

desdem12,

They all spoke to me :wink: , especially the ones from the 40's. But since I just bought 1 last month, I figured the wife would use one of them to beat me to death if I brought 3 more home. :tongue:
I've got mosinitis really bad at this point and need to move carefully. I don't want to end a 36 year marriage. :clap:

Bunkysdad,

You're probably right about the price w/o the accessories, but how many bayonets and ammo pouches do you really need? (I'm pretty sure I know your answer). They did not however come with slings, which are always needed. :toast:
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them."
mdntthndr

Post by mdntthndr »

Unfortunately that seems to be the current going rate or like down here $149 with some or all of the accessories. My local outdoor store has been getting theirs through PW Arms however PW has stopped sending them and will no longer warranty the rifles so my shop is using local gunsmiths for any warranty work their customers need which is why they claim they have had to push the price up a bit. It concerns me that there seems to be difficulty in acquiring historical arms over the last two weeks at least here in North Texas. We had also located an M1 Garand at the same store they wanted $1500 now they got two more in and upped the price 1K each. I think we may all want to take time to appreciate the rifles we have and investigate to see if some new legislation has slipped through. On the other hand it is possible that with all of the imports we have seen it is entirely possible supplies could actually be starting to dwindle which will push the prices up as well I have not been able to get straight answers to date. I have found I really love these rifles and with a couple friends we have determined these are flat out perfect for hog hunting. So I wish you good hunting for your perfect Tula and wish you success but advise you to be prepared for changes to come in availability because realisticly the supply of these rifles is not limitless.
Ride hard, live free, and remember those who protect that freedom!
desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

Check your local pawn stores and other gun spots as they may have them and you can price war then. We have like 4 ace hardware stores here and they all have mosins which is nice. Also the tack store and of course a few sporting goods stores :D :D
The commerce which maybe carried on with the people inhabiting the line you will pursue renders a knowledge of these people important ~Thomas Jefferson~ (to- Lewis and Clark)
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

I was stopping in at gun shops in three states today, none of them had any milsurps at all. I did find a nice '27 Izhevsk dragoon rifle missing bands and handguard up as a display in a surplus store, but it was not for sale. $115 is not a bad price for the 91/30 most places these days.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bunkysdad »

Mdntt, where are you at in N Texas? I saw similar rifles like you are talking about at the Cabelas in Allen, Tx. I live in Mesquite and It seems like it is difficult to find anything. I also hear that Gander Mountain in Sherman sells Mosins, but I have not been there yet.
mikerb55

Post by mikerb55 »

I purchased mine at the local Big 5 Sporting Goods, and it was imported by PW Arms. I haven't been able to test fire it yet, but I think it will be fine. We have a local gun show coming up in a month and I'll be checking it as well. Living in Ft. Collins, CO I'm right in between the Cabela's in Sidney, NE and Grand Junction, CO. They've got the M91/30's for $150 right now with $5 shipping until 10/18/11, but you have to call them to order.

I'd be happy to pick up one here for someone, then I could break it down for shipping (I think). They're seem to be quite a few via on-line sources if you google C&R guns. :D
Longcolt44
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Longcolt44 »

I have paid 80 bucks for a 91/30 and paid 160 for another 91/30, depends on what you need/want that floats your boat.
FREEDOM...USE IT OR LOSE IT!!
Rongo
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Rongo »

Most of them in my area go for $99.95 or less when on sale. Can't complain. :wink:
"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it". Mark Twain

"Dang that entropy"