And yet another Swedish Mauser! M38. (Pic. Heavy)

All collectible military bolt rifles are discussed here. From all countries around the world.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. Please read the rules at the top of each forum.
OLD OUTLAW

And yet another Swedish Mauser! M38. (Pic. Heavy)

Post by OLD OUTLAW »

I just keep stumbling over Swede Mausers every where it seems. And I don't mean necessarily an Auction. Private deal on this one.
It just happened. Extra good looking bore on this baby! Some pics. a little dark, but heavy over cast today.Yes, all are #871 that you see.
The butt plate is not a match. Far close enough for me!

Now, I got what I think is a real treasure of an M96 to pick up from my FFL friend tomorrow. All Elm stock from 1916 even!
Happiness is owning Swedish Mausers!
desdem12

Re: And yet another Swedish Mauser! M38. (Pic. Heavy)

Post by desdem12 »

THat sir is a great find. You are building up a good collection of northerners. :vcool: :vcool: :vcool: I was looking at these today but they aren't this nice. Now you need a M94 carbine to go with them. :thumbsup:
The commerce which maybe carried on with the people inhabiting the line you will pursue renders a knowledge of these people important ~Thomas Jefferson~ (to- Lewis and Clark)
OLD OUTLAW

Post by OLD OUTLAW »

desdem12 wrote:THat sir is a great find. You are building up a good collection of northerners. :vcool: :vcool: :vcool: I was looking at these today but they aren't this nice. Now you need a M94 carbine to go with them. :thumbsup:
No desire for an M94 with the welded on barrel length extensions. I could have bought a really fine looking one a couple of weeks ago at our big Gun Show. But, the weld looked like crap. Most actually do it seems. Ever see a macro close up of those extensions on GB? Nope! I think some of those pics are photo shopped at times so you can't. But, the original barrels were too short to meet our import laws and they all started welding onto them. Not for me, they have all been altered to meet US laws. I call it non-original.
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Lot of nice Swedish Mauser's around here of late :) I might have to bust mine out soon. Nice find.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
OLD OUTLAW

Post by OLD OUTLAW »

Thanks guys, and it is even better than the pics look. I know the former owner, and with that barrel he gets it to
shoot 1 1/2 to 2 inch groups at 100 and 200 yards. But, my eyes are a lot older than his. So, it will be a good shooter
for me no matter what my capabilities are.
desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

Well i never knew they welded on barrels. Then no thanks for me too. :D
The commerce which maybe carried on with the people inhabiting the line you will pursue renders a knowledge of these people important ~Thomas Jefferson~ (to- Lewis and Clark)
coondawg

Post by coondawg »

Very nice OO! Those swedes sure made some fine rifles!
sharpie443

Post by sharpie443 »

Nice looking gun I need to get a good still image camera you guys would probably like to see the FN-49s.
OLD OUTLAW

Post by OLD OUTLAW »

coondawg wrote:Very nice OO! Those swedes sure made some fine rifles!
I think the Elm stocked 1916 I will pick up from my FFL tomorrow may be the tops of what I own. I have my fingers crossed
on this one. But, I did not pay much for it. Poor presentation on GB and only one other bidder. Few know Elm was only used for three of all the
years that the M96 and M38 were made. 1915, 1916, and 1917.There is rumor a few Elm stocks may have went on 1917 early rifles. But, have never seen one yet.
This one has a wood grain that is hard to find, even on a Yugo M59 SKS, of which I do own a few of. I am pumped right now. Just hope it is as
good as I feel it really is. Will know tomorrow for certain.
Bareassmeagain

Post by Bareassmeagain »

I thought Sheepdog was joking about you finding another love. She's beautiful , but i dont see her sitting in your blue chair yet.
OLD OUTLAW

Post by OLD OUTLAW »

It would have been, but there was no evening light left up there. Had to use the area under the second story deck or no light.
Common Boss Bacon, ya gotta know how to improvise. Ya know Boss HOG, I been looking at some of the pics you sent me. I'm a
thinking you just might fit my Hog Smoker/Roaster. Just one question, how hard would you be to skin out! :BBQ: :hubba:
Bareassmeagain

Post by Bareassmeagain »

Now Now Outlaw , You wouldnt want to cook an old Hogg. Beside I havent decided between you and Roscoe who Im going to will all my money to. He He He So dont you go fire up that ol grill just yet. Now wheres zem duke boys at ?
OLD OUTLAW

Post by OLD OUTLAW »

Them and Roscoe been already fried. They was too thin to BBQ, Roast, or Smoke. Too thin lean and tough. Now you got some tallow
on them thar bones. Lots a Hickory is in your future. Plus a little more heat than you would be comfortable with.Now, Boss,
stick that Apple in your mouth! :Ha: :BBQ:
pacanis

Post by pacanis »

That's a nice one!
I'd love to shoot the M38, but I guess I'll have to settle for the other M96 with Solderin sights I'm getting today :D
You see in this world there are two kinds of people my friend, those with loaded guns... and those who dig. You dig.
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

These are another example of fine craftsmanship from a country that has not been to war in century's except for the "volunteers" who went to aid Finland during the winter War. Lots of time to carefully make each rifle, attention is paid to every detail of fit and finish, just like the Swiss, but with more conventional firearm designs. Except for the AG42 of course.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
Shawnc

Post by Shawnc »

OK, I have a serious problem with these threads:

I have no gun money and these Swedes just look so sweet! :Drool1: :Drool1: Definately creeping up to the top of my list.

Maybe creeping is a bit of an understatement...
Food for five years. A thousand gallons of gas. Air filtration. Water filtration. Geiger counter. Bomb shelter...underground goddamn monsters?!