"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
SA1911a1

Post by SA1911a1 »

I thought I posted this earlier, if I did, throw a rock at me and delete the post.

UPS brought Mosin Nagant #25 today. I plan to have a party on the range in the morning. Nothing really special about this rifle, except that it is now mine. I was missing a '41 to fill in the war years and give me a straight from '35-'47 and this one was a bargain from GB.

It is really interesting to me to see these pre-war and wartime guns side by side, the machining tells the story of the invasion of the Soviet Union. The 30s these rifles were made "pretty" as well as functional. You can see the "corner cutting" begining in 40 on my rifles and by 43 they look like they were machined with a worn out file and a two pound hammer.

This one is in new (refurb) condition with a good late/post war stock with very little damage and a first class re-blue job. The crown is fine and the rifling is in good shape except for some grittyness. It should shoot fine.

I am still surprised that you can actually buy firearms from folks thousands of miles away and be fairly confident that you will get what was advertised. It is a shame other business don't work this good. I have bought about 15 of these things, unseen, and have yet to be disapointed.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Aut Pax Aut Bellum
BuckeyeSgt

Re: #25

Post by BuckeyeSgt »

Cool, got the 41 Tula to sit next to it yet?
Некто кроме нас
US Army 90-94 98G Russian
Army Reserves 94-98 37F
martin08

Post by martin08 »

BuckeyeSgt wrote:Cool, got the 41 Tula to sit next to it yet?

Tough crowd! :o

And congrats on completing the war year sequence.
No words of wisdom come to mind at this time....
BuckeyeSgt

Post by BuckeyeSgt »

I didn't mean anything by it. Was just a question. I ain't got one. :lol:
Некто кроме нас
US Army 90-94 98G Russian
Army Reserves 94-98 37F
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Good luck finding one, lets just say that '41 was not a big production year at Tula :lol:
We seen it Steve, but that's OK, we can see it again :vcool: :vcool: :vcool:
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
SA1911a1

Post by SA1911a1 »

Junk Yard Dog wrote:Good luck finding one, lets just say that '41 was not a big production year at Tula :lol:
We seen it Steve, but that's OK, we can see it again :vcool: :vcool: :vcool:
Where the heck did I stash it, I can't find a damn thing without my wife........

The guy I got it from also had a .41 Tula for $85.00, but you know how I feel about Tulas........... :roll:

Anyhow, I took it out for a couple of boxes of ammo today and it shoots dang good. No telling how good it would shoot if I could see the sights and the target at the same time. :D
Aut Pax Aut Bellum
desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

Only 25??? slowing down some huh? :toast: :toast:
The commerce which maybe carried on with the people inhabiting the line you will pursue renders a knowledge of these people important ~Thomas Jefferson~ (to- Lewis and Clark)