What is YOUR favorite SKS?

Discussion of the SKS platform of semi auto rifles

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. Please read the rules at the top of each forum.
Leadslinger45

What is YOUR favorite SKS?

Post by Leadslinger45 »

I want to know personally what your favorite SKS that YOU OWN is.. And why?

Mine would have to be my '52 Tula, It drives nails, is beautiful, and most importantly the grandfather of all SKS carbines.

What about you?!

howiebearse

Re: What is YOUR favorite SKS?

Post by howiebearse »

Mine is my first one. It is the one i shoot ( i have over 70 of them) It is a Factory 26 Sino 56 production with well worn stock from being carried and blood rust on the reciever and top cover.(blood if left on metal will rust and deeply pit the surface where it lays)it has no finish left . It was one of the first imported and cost 179.99 at the time and only ammo available then was lapua commercial from Finland. It shoots excellent . Ill post a pic its the top one in the photo
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

I have one chinese and i love it. :D
The commerce which maybe carried on with the people inhabiting the line you will pursue renders a knowledge of these people important ~Thomas Jefferson~ (to- Lewis and Clark)
Leadslinger45

Post by Leadslinger45 »

howiebearse wrote:Mine is my first one. It is the one i shoot ( i have over 70 of them) It is a Factory 26 Sino 56 production with well worn stock from being carried and blood rust on the reciever and top cover.(blood if left on metal will rust and deeply pit the surface where it lays)it has no finish left . It was one of the first imported and cost 179.99 at the time and only ammo available then was lapua commercial from Finland. It shoots excellent . Ill post a pic its the top one in the photo
Wow! 70! I feel ashamed that I only have 5! :lol: Seriously though, that's a neat sks, blood and all- Also I'm very impressed by your safety precautions! (trigger locks are great!)
OLD OUTLAW

Post by OLD OUTLAW »

Out of 30 or so of them I only shoot 9. But, hands down for balance and accuracy I have to give it to this beauty. M59 Yugo.
Happiness is owning Swedish Mausers!
Leadslinger45

Post by Leadslinger45 »

Steve, How is the all around picture on the M59's? I've been dancing around ordering one in, but have never "fondled" one.
OLD OUTLAW

Post by OLD OUTLAW »

Have gotten real scarce now. Samco has nothing left really. They say pitted barrels, etc.
It is rare to find a truly matching M59. But, on these rifles I do not care so much. I only have one stamped matching M59.
Others are force matched on the bolt carrier and the other parts are the original part numbers. Never were even that many
of these made and a lot of them were converted to M59/66 rifles. I think best balanced SKS ever built and a lot of guys will agree with that.
It is definitely worth keeping an eye out for one. The one pictured is the one I shoot at any competition like the one coming
up in Wisconsin, April 28. You probably know the one I mean. Nina's shoot? If you need help finding one or what ever you know
about where to find me. I will get more if I can find one that looks correct to me.
Leadslinger45

Post by Leadslinger45 »

Sounds good Steve,

I will contact you when I am ready to get down to it!

Thanks,

Chris
Greasemonkey

Post by Greasemonkey »

My favorite one would be my Chinese Public Security SKS. Out of the bunch I have, it seems to be the most accurate and consistent thus far, all though there are two I won't fire.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
I said I was an addict. I didn't say I had a problem.
MN Fan

Post by MN Fan »

Nice carbines gentlemen, very nice :)

Well, since I only have one at the time, my choice is rather simple to make. But as I being to buy more, this one will always remain a favorite!

1953 Tula:

Cocked, locked and ready to rock...
howiebearse

Post by howiebearse »

some real nice guns and choices!!
dou44

Post by dou44 »

my romanian sks is mine i think but it would be hard to really pick just one.
Woodbeef

Post by Woodbeef »

Out of all the different SKSs I've owned I like the M59 the best.
OLD OUTLAW

Post by OLD OUTLAW »

Woodbeef wrote:Out of all the different SKSs I've owned I like the M59 the best.
Boy do we ever agree on the M59 Sean!
dou44

Post by dou44 »

i found a nice one today that came with the tapco stock and original stock for $279.they told me they would give me a better deal because i buy from them and send them coustomers but no money to spare.i need to stop going in when i am broke.i find one good deal then turn around and find a better one. the 56 tula i got acouple of weeks ago shoots good .
Simo

Post by Simo »

Currently I do not own an SKS but my favorite that I did own would be my 1951 Russian refurb with laminate stock and factory spring loaded firing pin.
"But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security." -Declaration of Independence
OLD OUTLAW

Post by OLD OUTLAW »

Eddystone06 wrote:Currently I do not own an SKS but my favorite that I did own would be my 1951 Russian refurb with laminate stock and factory spring loaded firing pin.
Ah, you used to have a good one.
Simo

Post by Simo »

OLD OUTLAW wrote:
Eddystone06 wrote:Currently I do not own an SKS but my favorite that I did own would be my 1951 Russian refurb with laminate stock and factory spring loaded firing pin.
Ah, you used to have a good one.
Its funny how it became my favorite. It was just another affordable SKS that I bought until I found the factory original spring loaded firing pin then it became my holy grail :D There were no special markings or ultra rare specifics, I just melted over the FP :bow: Prince50 over on the SKS boards ended up with it :vsad:
"But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security." -Declaration of Independence
Simo

Post by Simo »

OLD OUTLAW wrote:Out of 30 or so of them I only shoot 9. But, hands down for balance and accuracy I have to give it to this beauty. M59 Yugo.
dear Lord do I want that!! :Drool1: :thumbsup:
OLD OUTLAW

Post by OLD OUTLAW »

No, it's mine. And, I got one that even is a nicer stock.You can't have um!