91/30 prices are creeping up

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
WeldonHunter

Re: 91/30 prices are creeping up

Post by WeldonHunter »

Junk Yard Dog wrote:
BuckeyeSgt wrote:
Junk Yard Dog wrote:You can sell them both for a profit and buy some more Mosins, I am trying to steer the businessman to a nice pump shotgun, he is not a gun guy, and I can't picture him doing well with a WASR, the only AK's he is likely to find these days, and NY had a ten round mag rule with these.
He sounds like a guy that would hunker down at home. If I was like that I would go with the shotty too. But out in the woods I'd rather have the rifle.
Like so many he is clueless, he knows things aren't right, knows he should do something about it, but not what. At least he is getting some weapons, but he has no food storage, no plan of evac if he needs to relocate with his family, and is not the physical type who would be at home in the woods. I fear the gun will be a temporary means of safety for him and soon after things go to shit I will have to take out some scumbag who is coming at me with his shotgun. He will buy the gun, but already tells me he hates shooting guns because it hurts his shoulder, so he will not practice much, he will not buy much ammo despite my warnings to do so. I try, I can lead the horse to water but I can't make him drink. I did recommend, and I think he will go for it, that he purchase a Marlin .22 rifle, this is the only rifle i feel he could handle, he has no interest in properly learning how to handle a full sized rifle despite his initial questions about Ar's and AK when he broached the gun subject with me. The difficulty in obtaining them here in NY and the mag limits where not something he wanted to hear about, thinks they are easy to shoot because they looked it on the cable TV shows. They are easy, but you have to put in the time with them first, he will not. Some gun shop operator showed him a Mosin, he felt it was heavy, the bolt thing was hard to work, didn't care for it. Shotgun and .22, if I can get him the two then at least he will not be naked when the bad thing comes.
Yeah well there's a lot of guys like this around the country and well the world. Our society has created a way of life that doesn't include basic survival and the skills it takes to just survive nature let alone other people coming at you with less concern for morality. If you dropped most people out in the woods with even the basics they'd schrivel up and die in short order. I hope it never comes this but it can happen. I like the idea that I can walk out back amd go find something to eat but it'll even be tough for me and I know how to do it. I have lots of deer, hogs, squirrels, and if need be raccoons and even possums.

I also have lots of seed from vegetables I grew myself from seeds I got from previous plantings. I plant stuff that likes the area that are heirloom plants that are not hybrids and grow the same thing ever year. I have corn that's from the area that my neighbors Grandad and probably his Grandad grew and he's 84 years old himself. If things ever break down it'll be rough going for a long time until either the some sort of government springs up or nature takes it's course and weeds out the people that can't make a go of it. One thing most people don't realise is we'll have the same thing happen in nature. I read a book a while back called Earth Abides and it's an obscure book that cronicles the fall of society from a manmade virus and was written in the 1940s. It was a neat book to read at the time because it takes place starting in Oakland California which was where I lived at the time. The point of the book is to show how things will break down if civilization as we know it goes away. Things you wouldn't think of happening that could like being over run by certain pests that we keep in check and herds of wild cattle, lol. The roads and other infastructure going to pot because it's not being maintained. It's a good read. Makes you think.
Izhevsk762

Post by Izhevsk762 »

The price rise has to do with a lot of things, but I'm thinking it's sort of a repeat of the 2008-09 price rise. It's an election year, need I say more?
The user formerly known as mosinnagantm9130
BuckeyeSgt

Post by BuckeyeSgt »

I hit the local Wally World today, and ammo wasn't too bad and it was fully stocked. Bought two boxes 50 count each of Federal .45 for $16.97.
Некто кроме нас
US Army 90-94 98G Russian
Army Reserves 94-98 37F
WeldonHunter

Post by WeldonHunter »

Bryan at AIM just sent this out at the top of his emailer. I love this guy. No BS or scare tactics just the truth. "It's shaping up to be a nutty year. The Election, the end of the World, blah blah blah, whatever... All I know is we can't keep merchandise in stock, and it is getting harder and harder to restock. You make of it what you will, but get it while you can, and at these prices."

He's right and so far he's one place that hasn't raised prices.
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

I have what I really need already and have for years, weapons I don't have to worry about, I have been set there for 30 years. Anything I get now is just extra, and I am keeping it to components only. Toilet paper and bar soap are something I want to increase stock of, and bacon spam....and aspirin, because if things do go to shit it's going to one unending headache.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
Themosinkid95

Post by Themosinkid95 »

Rongoman wrote:Have you noticed??? Over the past few months multiple distributors such as AIM, J&G, SOG, TG International & the place we do not speak of have all raised the price on a standard refurb 91/30. I'm thinking maybe another wave of them are coming soon.
The place we do not speak of is it r guns or century
"Just when they think you're retreatin',you attack!"- Jeb Stuart
Shawnc

Post by Shawnc »

Themosinkid95 wrote:
Rongoman wrote:Have you noticed??? Over the past few months multiple distributors such as AIM, J&G, SOG, TG International & the place we do not speak of have all raised the price on a standard refurb 91/30. I'm thinking maybe another wave of them are coming soon.
The place we do not speak of is it r guns or century
My money's on Classic Arms. :)
Food for five years. A thousand gallons of gas. Air filtration. Water filtration. Geiger counter. Bomb shelter...underground goddamn monsters?!
WeldonHunter

Post by WeldonHunter »

Well AIM is getting a new supply in and they have raised the price to $89.95. They're taking preorders now.
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

These rifles should all be selling for at least $150, Under a hundred bucks for a refurbished and fireable .30 centerfire rifle with ammo available is a bargain that can't last forever, and was caused only by the large number of them to hit the market at once.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
WeldonHunter

Post by WeldonHunter »

Junk Yard Dog wrote:These rifles should all be selling for at least $150, Under a hundred bucks for a refurbished and fireable .30 centerfire rifle with ammo available is a bargain that can't last forever, and was caused only by the large number of them to hit the market at once.

Why do you think I bought 8 of them sight unseen and the 2 M44 for $150 each. I remember when I got the polish m44 12 years ago that was only $89.95. Now try to find one. I swore I wasn't missing one of the last waves of milsurps on the cheap.
desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

You are my Hero, Mike :Drool1: :thumbsup: :vcool: I would a loved to buy a bunch at a time. :clap: :clap:
The commerce which maybe carried on with the people inhabiting the line you will pursue renders a knowledge of these people important ~Thomas Jefferson~ (to- Lewis and Clark)
WeldonHunter

Post by WeldonHunter »

desdem12 wrote:You are my Hero, Mike :Drool1: :thumbsup: :vcool: I would a loved to buy a bunch at a time. :clap: :clap:
You know I thought about having more of these for a long time. I would see that lone Polish m44 and think back with regret that I didn't have the forsight to buy at least one more when they were cheap but when I found this sight it started me thinking more seriously about it so not buying them wasn't an option anymore. I spent most of last year buying up ammo and topped it off buying these. Though they aren't real special ones like 1891s or finns they're very special to me and I see them all night long while watching tv. I'm a happy man. Now I need to get a few more Mausers. Oh and Garands, SKS....Oh I need to stop. I'll be gun poor if I keep this up. :lol:
jderimig

Post by jderimig »

A store near me has 91/30's for $79.99 Sunday and Monday sale only. After that they jump back up all the way to $89.99.

Might have to take a ride out Monday after work with my coffee money and see what they got. Last time I was at the store they 3 nice laminates for $109.00.

--john
'38 Tula
'42 M39 VKt
--john
Jolly Green Chopper

Post by Jolly Green Chopper »

New supply of MN may be on the way ,Aim sent me an email encouraging me to place an order this week because new MN 91-30 shipment to arrive soon $89'99 to $99.99 so I checked their current web site and prices and supply were the same as last few weeks.I bought a bent bolt from Rguns last week for $155.00. Had to use my FFL dealer .My C&R still has not arrived yet. Been over two months. I called their office and they said takes at least 60 to 90 days now because of increased demand. I hope prices don,t go up to soon.I've been itching to get some more.JGC
desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

I got my C&R new address in about a week or less. It looks completly different from the one before. I was impressed by how fast it took. :D
The commerce which maybe carried on with the people inhabiting the line you will pursue renders a knowledge of these people important ~Thomas Jefferson~ (to- Lewis and Clark)
Jolly Green Chopper

Post by Jolly Green Chopper »

I don't know if this is the correct forum to ask this question but I'll try and see if anyone has bought or knows about the ChineseType 53 Nagant for about $150.00 Which dealer would be the best source to order from? T he price has been the same for awhile now,so before prices go up now might be a good time to get one if its worth trying. I see where MR. Lapin was asked what he thought but no response. Thanks JGC
The Feral Machinist

Post by The Feral Machinist »

Jolly Green Chopper wrote:I don't know if this is the correct forum to ask this question but I'll try and see if anyone has bought or knows about the ChineseType 53 Nagant for about $150.00 Which dealer would be the best source to order from? T he price has been the same for awhile now,so before prices go up now might be a good time to get one if its worth trying. I see where MR. Lapin was asked what he thought but no response. Thanks JGC

I seen them on AIM Surplus for $150, but they're sold out now.

I seen a dealer yesterday at a gun show with hex receiver m91/30"s for 179.00. I was shocked by this. Then, the guy told me they're suppliers had increased prices. :big shock:
I love JESUS CHRIST OUR LORD AND SAVIOUR!
WeldonHunter

Post by WeldonHunter »

Jolly Green Chopper wrote:I don't know if this is the correct forum to ask this question but I'll try and see if anyone has bought or knows about the ChineseType 53 Nagant for about $150.00 Which dealer would be the best source to order from? T he price has been the same for awhile now,so before prices go up now might be a good time to get one if its worth trying. I see where MR. Lapin was asked what he thought but no response. Thanks JGC
Book mark this link http://gun-deals.com/index.php?dealtype ... 4&subcat=5 and check there from time to time. As new Mosin Nagants come up I usually find out and resurrect the expired deals or add them if they're new deals. That said the only place I know of selling them to the public without a C&R is J&G Sales for $159.95. I'll look around and add more if I find them. http://www.jgsales.com/-p-2341.html

Edit: Ok as much as I hate to admit this I just added the ones Classic Arms has for $149.99 to the site also. If the name of being fair and unbiased is the only reason I did this. :|
desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

Well all i have to say to that is BOOOOOOO :lol:
WeldonHunter

Post by WeldonHunter »

desdem12 wrote:Well all i have to say to that is BOOOOOOO :lol:
I know I know but just because I don't care for them and their way of doing business I try not be totaly exclusive. After all if someone can hurry up and get those poor rifles away from them maybe they'll escape the horrible fate of being chromed. ;)