Polish mosin question

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
desdem12

Re: Polish mosin question

Post by desdem12 »

Hey man it don't bother me non cause i gots my Pole :biggrin: Besides those green bobcats are gonna get skinned come football season. :lol: :lol:
The commerce which maybe carried on with the people inhabiting the line you will pursue renders a knowledge of these people important ~Thomas Jefferson~ (to- Lewis and Clark)
BuckeyeSgt

Post by BuckeyeSgt »

Hey I'm a Buckeye not the little Ohio school down south. 4th generation, i had no choice :D
Некто кроме нас
US Army 90-94 98G Russian
Army Reserves 94-98 37F
desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

WEll i was pretty sure of that but i had to get ya someway :lol: :lol: I am a 2 generation wannabe Duck so ... :biggrin:
The commerce which maybe carried on with the people inhabiting the line you will pursue renders a knowledge of these people important ~Thomas Jefferson~ (to- Lewis and Clark)
BuckeyeSgt

Post by BuckeyeSgt »

:lol: :toast:
Некто кроме нас
US Army 90-94 98G Russian
Army Reserves 94-98 37F
MarkB

Post by MarkB »

Dammit lonewolf im sorry man i cant get the files off my phone he sent them to me in like a slide show file and cant figure out how to get em from the phone to the pc. I promise though i will get pics of it this weekend. I should have it then. Cheers!
MarkB

Post by MarkB »

Ok expect pics either tomorrow night or sat that's when I will have this rifle. I can't wait im dying to take it shooting then give it a good clean. I will probably shoot this gun more than my 91/30 I just really like carbines of all types. One of my favs is the Steyr M95 love that gun! Cheers!
desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

What gun :lol: :lol: :useless2:
WeldonHunter

Post by WeldonHunter »

SA1911a1 wrote:
BuckeyeSgt wrote:Hey DES.... :twisted: :D
That just ain't right. :no:
What did I do to you? :tongue:
Yep, aint right (Shakes head) it just aint right. Ya just had to post it didn't ya. LMAO!!! I want that rifle.
Hobe Sound Falcon

Post by Hobe Sound Falcon »

Polish, Romanian, and Hungarian, all ended Production in 1955
MarkB

Post by MarkB »

Ok guys here it is a few pics for now. I gotta clean her up my god this thing is filthy. And also the damn barrel bands are being damn near impossible to get off I wanted to break it down to clean it up really good. It does not look as good as the blonde stock m44 posted here but its not bad at all the barrel sleeve for the bayonet is pitted a little bit but the rifling looks great just a very dirty bore.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

:vcool: :vcool: :vcool: Should be able to find that forearm piece and complete it. :clap: :clap: :toast:
MarkB

Post by MarkB »

ohh if you are talking about the nose cap I have it I was breaking it down and got stuck on the barrel bands and just decided to take some photos. I'm gonna try to get better ones after I get it cleaned up which is gonna take some time. Cheers! It does however need the right side piece to the crossbolt that was the only missing part.
Chumlee Bumsnag

Post by Chumlee Bumsnag »

desdem12 wrote:I know where one is if we invade cananda :lol:
You don't have a pole yet either Steve?
I missed this post earlier. You wouldn't be refering to mine would you Des?? Hell, come and get it. Bring some Garands with you. I always wanted to capture one of them. :wink:
desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

I would be a poor army for invasion Chum :lol: I will try to sneak one across the border for you. But i have to be able to afford one first :big shock:
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Pole in a Soviet stock, wartime at that, do you have pcs taken in better light? I can see the 11 on the barrel shank but that's it. NIce from what I can see :)
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
MarkB

Post by MarkB »

Sorry to bring this back up but I just saw your post JYD. The stock is a polish stock it has the diamond with OW in on the back end really hard to see it but its there. I just wish I could find a polish bolt for it. Cheers!
Darryl
Sniper Expert
Sniper Expert

Post by Darryl »

Mark,
Break the rifle down and look in the barrel channel of the stock. It should have a "purplish" stamp in there. It tells the date refurb'd in Polish.

Also, the non "Polish" bolt is correct for a Polish M44 also.

Take a look at this one. No Polish marks except the purple stamp and a few Polish marks o the stock. It is a Izhevsk rifle reworked by the Polish government.
http://www.thedolk.com/M44_3411/index.html

Dolk

MarkB

Post by MarkB »

Thanks dolk i'll have to check that out didn't know that. The bolt on mine is a hungarian it has 02 markings everywhere on it. Does your pole not have a matching bolt? I absolutely love the polish stocks the beech wood is beautiful the grains on mine go from the butt end to the tip of the rifle. Is the purple stamp the only way to tell that it has been refurbed? What if that stamp is not on mine? Just curious. Thanks for the headsup. Cheers! If you dont mind could you post some photos of yours would love to see it.

dolk your webpage is the shit! :thumbsup:
Darryl
Sniper Expert
Sniper Expert

Post by Darryl »

dolk your webpage is the shit! :thumbsup:

I'm hoping that is a good thing! :wink:

They really don't know what the purple mark is all about. It shows up in most Polish stocks, but not all of them. There is a month and year and the month is in Polish.

Mine is not really a "polish" M44, It is a Russian M44 made in Izhevsk arsenal in 1944. Probably a WWII rifle sold tor transferred to Poland. It has been polished up (like a Polish M44 receiver is) and a new Polish stock put on it probably during a Polish refurbishment. The bolt, barrel, mag plate all match including the prefix letters and they are all the same font, so it is probably all original. The butt plate only has the numbers and no prefix, so my guess is the butt plate was changed when the stock when on......maybe. It has all the makings of a Polish rifle except it was originally made in Russia. They are not real rare and are around.

The Polish M44's (made in Poland) are identical.

You can see it here http://www.thedolk.com/M44_3411/index.html

I don't know how I missed your photos of the rifle above (walking dead again), but like JYD says, looks like a Russian stock. Probably the one that goes on my rifle! :chuckles:

They were a bit like the Finns, they used everything over and over again. but when they refurbished them, they put new stocks on and they look new again. If they had a Hungarian bolt laying around, they'd use it.

Dolk
MarkB

Post by MarkB »

Hey dolk I meant that in a good way about your page. My stock is a pole stock it has like a clear coat of some sorts on it but it has the diamond with OW in it on the back end of the stock plus it is a beech stock I have not seen other mosins besides the polish m44 with that type of wood for the stock ill try to get better pics of it soon. Cheers!