Chinese receiver markings : variations

Discussion of the SKS platform of semi auto rifles

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. Please read the rules at the top of each forum.
howiebearse

Chinese receiver markings : variations

Post by howiebearse »

there are allot of variations in the Marking of the Chinese type 56 sks Carbine I thought some of you may enjoy seeing some and maybe adding any you might find interesting. One factory code for sure is above all the rest in odd markings that is the DP marking one of the few receiver markings with letter factory code. see list added below in post. The Way that the markings are done is also something of interest and I will post some neat variations for you to see and look for.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
MN Fan

Re: Chinese receiver markings : variations

Post by MN Fan »

Very nice Howie, thank you for posting this priceless information.

But, there's no way in hell I am going to remember all this. Can I just take you with me next time I go shopping? :mrgreen:

Seriously, this information is valuable in many ways. I read it with interest and learn a ton. I even retain a bit of it each time. Once I see something first hand and recall what I've read, it starts to sink in finally.

Your work is appreciated!
Cocked, locked and ready to rock...
howiebearse

Post by howiebearse »

Thanks I am really interested in the Chinese sks and have been the collector and so called source for factory codes on them and I have a comprehensive serial number list with factory codes. I enjoy sharing this info with guys that are true collectors and interested in what i find interesting. I do not have any time for guys that are repeating what I post as if they knew it all along or the bubba hacks that frequent some places. I really appreciate hearing that others are reading and enjoying this stuff:). thanks for the really thoughtful response to my posts.
OLD OUTLAW

Post by OLD OUTLAW »

Howie, you are renowned for your knowledge of those Chinese SKS. Not just in North America either. We all are learning more about them from you.
I am glad Sean told you about this place. We are small in numbers, but we are gun people here. More people will come eventually and learn from
the vast knowledge you give to us here. Thank You My Friend! - Steve
Happiness is owning Swedish Mausers!
howiebearse

Post by howiebearse »

thanks very much Steve Much appreciated Its refreshing to see the gun collectors here that are interested in learning more about what we collect. Its a shame more info is not forth coming from the various countries, but one can see its not in their interest to tell us anything. We have to learn from each other and looking at all the guns we can to make sound judgments on what we decide
OLD OUTLAW

Post by OLD OUTLAW »

I saw several rough looking Chinese Saturday at the big gun show here. One had no symbols or arsenal mark.

It only had a long series of numbers. I could not visualize in my head what it may have been. First two digit were 22is all I remember now.
howiebearse

Post by howiebearse »

OLD OUTLAW wrote:I saw several rough looking Chinese Saturday at the big gun show here. One had no symbols or arsenal mark.

It only had a long series of numbers. I could not visualize in my head what it may have been. First two digit were 22is all I remember now.
Those guns were assembled for commercial sales They did not bother to stamp them as they would a Military Contract gun You can find all manner of stuff on those receiver markings they just stamped what the importer said they needed. Some early guns can be without factory code or it may be faint or below wood line as allot of the early (what we refer to as sino soviet guns) many of these you can hardly see the hand stamped factory triangle 26 codes on. When it comes to guns without factory code you have to know what you are looking at
OLD OUTLAW

Post by OLD OUTLAW »

howiebearse wrote:
OLD OUTLAW wrote:I saw several rough looking Chinese Saturday at the big gun show here. One had no symbols or arsenal mark.

Those guns were assembled for commercial sales They did not bother to stamp them as they would a Military Contract gun You can find all manner of stuff on those receiver markings they just stamped what the importer said they needed. Some early guns can be without factory code or it may be faint or below wood line as allot of the early (what we refer to as sino soviet guns) many of these you can hardly see the hand stamped factory triangle 26 codes on. When it comes to guns without factory code you have to know what you are looking at
I can pretty well spot a sino, but this one and another for that matter did not look like they were correct. I kinda figured they both were non-military rifles.