Possible Ex Sniper???

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
angelsfanbp

Possible Ex Sniper???

Post by angelsfanbp »

I picked this 1939 Tula M91/30 up today.....am I correct that the "C N" markings and the hole inside the receiver makes this an ex-sniper? If it is was the PEM side mount used (based off what I have found on internet), also it doesn't look like the bolt handle was cut/welded....
IMAG0340.jpg
IMAG0339.jpg
IMAG0338.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
“A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have.” Thomas Jefferson
http://www.RifleGuru.com How To Videos
1937 Izhevsk M91/30 Round
1939 Tula M91/30 Ex Sniper
BuckeyeSgt

Re: Possible Ex Sniper???

Post by BuckeyeSgt »

That there is an ex for sure. PEM was mounted. The bolts were more than likely replace during decommission. Nice find. :thumbsup:
Некто кроме нас
US Army 90-94 98G Russian
Army Reserves 94-98 37F
desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

It was at least sniper marked. The pu snipers are from 42 or 43 can't remember exactly so it was one of the others. They might have replaced the bolt body with a straight one at the armory. Is there any other markings on it or maybe a stock repair on the left side? :D
Dang Drew!!! :moon: :grumpy: :lol: :lol:
The commerce which maybe carried on with the people inhabiting the line you will pursue renders a knowledge of these people important ~Thomas Jefferson~ (to- Lewis and Clark)
BuckeyeSgt

Post by BuckeyeSgt »

Getting slow there Brad. :paranoid: :bellylaugh:
Некто кроме нас
US Army 90-94 98G Russian
Army Reserves 94-98 37F
desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

I just got back from a fact finding mission on 7.5 swiss and then getting glue for the 59 stock so that is my excuse...glue on the fingertips so they were sticking. :lol: :lol:
The commerce which maybe carried on with the people inhabiting the line you will pursue renders a knowledge of these people important ~Thomas Jefferson~ (to- Lewis and Clark)
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

:vcool: :vcool: :vcool: Good find sticky fingers :lol:
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
Sgt. Rob

Post by Sgt. Rob »

That is a great find, looking forward to more pics when she is clean! :thumbsup:

Semper Fi, Rob
My Mosin-Nagant arsenal.........is growing again
1938 Tula
1943 Izhevsk M91/30 PU Sniper
angelsfanbp

Post by angelsfanbp »

Got it all cleaned up. Here are some additional pics. After removing all of the cosmoline it was pretty apparent where the other holes were filled and polished. Anybody know what some of the other marks are?
IMG_0890.JPG
IMG_0881.JPG
IMG_0879.JPG
IMG_0873.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
“A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have.” Thomas Jefferson
http://www.RifleGuru.com How To Videos
1937 Izhevsk M91/30 Round
1939 Tula M91/30 Ex Sniper
desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

:vcool: :vcool:
MN Fan

Post by MN Fan »

She cleaned up nicely :)

You did really well with this one, congrats :toast:
Cocked, locked and ready to rock...
Dragunov sniper 777

Post by Dragunov sniper 777 »

nice find :vcool:
i am so poor i can only afford mustard and biscuits three times a week ..
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Cleaned up real nice, surprising amount of cosmoline for a refurb, more than any of the ones I bought had, I am wondering if the importers aren't adding it to keep the rifles fresh after they decant them from the 20 rifles storage crates.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt