Help me figure out what I have please!

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
MN Fan

Re: Help me figure out what I have please!

Post by MN Fan »

I just want a $30 Finn dangit!
Cocked, locked and ready to rock...
Shawnc

Post by Shawnc »

Whoa, hold it. Stop. Which one was $30?
Food for five years. A thousand gallons of gas. Air filtration. Water filtration. Geiger counter. Bomb shelter...underground goddamn monsters?!
Izhevsk762

Post by Izhevsk762 »

Has the stock been refinished? Looks kinda shiny, but that might just be the pics...

Still, an absolute steal at $30.
The user formerly known as mosinnagantm9130
MN Fan

Post by MN Fan »

Since we overwhelmed Kevin (sorry!), I did a little sleuthing. It's a '43 Tikka :)

Very nice rifle!
redspoon

Post by redspoon »

Welcome aboard Fortkevin2, very nice finn capture you have there, brass end caps. Have you broken it down yet probably some nice shims under the barrel and receiver also. :clap:
BuckeyeSgt

Post by BuckeyeSgt »

MN Fan wrote:Since we overwhelmed Kevin (sorry!), I did a little sleuthing. It's a '43 Tikka :)

Very nice rifle!
Ok I give, how the he'll did you get that pic?

Ah I did have a good guess though. :D
Некто кроме нас
US Army 90-94 98G Russian
Army Reserves 94-98 37F
MN Fan

Post by MN Fan »

I checked the properties of his other photos, which were linked to his photobucket account :mrgreen:
BuckeyeSgt

Post by BuckeyeSgt »

MN Fan wrote:I checked the properties of his other photos, which were linked to his photobucket account :mrgreen:

Cliff, are you a hacker? :D :D :mrgreen:
Некто кроме нас
Army Reserves 94-98 37F
MN Fan

Post by MN Fan »

Hell, I had to PM dolk to send me my wiki password again after I deleted it by accident the first time :oops:
desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

Hey now Longhorn i beat ya too the tikka thing :thumbsup:
I better get off a here or Cliff may have my bank numbers :lol:
The commerce which maybe carried on with the people inhabiting the line you will pursue renders a knowledge of these people important ~Thomas Jefferson~ (to- Lewis and Clark)
BuckeyeSgt

Post by BuckeyeSgt »

You got me technically by what about 30 seconds. Fast for an old man. :D :D :toast:
Некто кроме нас
Army Reserves 94-98 37F
desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

Just this once though. :lol: I thought about the serial number the first post but then i saw the tula so i backed off. :vconfused:
The commerce which maybe carried on with the people inhabiting the line you will pursue renders a knowledge of these people important ~Thomas Jefferson~ (to- Lewis and Clark)
MN Fan

Post by MN Fan »

Even if I had your bank numbers Brad, you'd be perfectly safe. Just be careful leaving the keys to your safe out in the open :mrgreen:
BuckeyeSgt

Post by BuckeyeSgt »

desdem12 wrote:Just this once though. :lol: I thought about the serial number the first post but then i saw the tula so i backed off. :vconfused:
I saw the serial number too at first and my gut said Tikka then I saw the same thing as you. And well that over rode my first though because of the visual I guess. Was this a test? :D :lol:
Некто кроме нас
Army Reserves 94-98 37F
BuckeyeSgt

Post by BuckeyeSgt »

MN Fan wrote:Even if I had your bank numbers Brad, you'd be perfectly safe. Just be careful leaving the keys to your safe out in the open :mrgreen:
He would be safe because he wipes it out every week buying something or 4. :lol: :lol:
Некто кроме нас
Army Reserves 94-98 37F
desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

I am guilty as charged as too the bank wipe out. But i don't think i can hold a candle to MN. :no: :no: What is your record for firearms in a month Cliff? I think i did 3 in january and 2 or 3 in feb and just 2 this month. I blame Pacanis for the burst in march though cause he mentined bundleing as the way to go when purchasing. :lol: :lol:
MN Fan

Post by MN Fan »

:oops:

Well, technically, I bought 11 firearms in December, but there was a mix of .22s and a 12 ga. pump in the mix. 7 of them were in one day, man that was fun :)
BuckeyeSgt

Post by BuckeyeSgt »

MN Fan wrote::oops:

Well, technically, I bought 11 firearms in December, but there was a mix of .22s and a 12 ga. pump in the mix. 7 of them were in one day, man that was fun :)
When I came home with 4 one time the wife was not too happy. Damn Cliff, 11 in a month I think Brad does that in two weeks. Pretty sad. :D :D
Некто кроме нас
Army Reserves 94-98 37F
BuckeyeSgt

Post by BuckeyeSgt »

Ok so I want to hear more about this Finn. I think we all hijacked his thread. :toast: :toast:
Некто кроме нас
Army Reserves 94-98 37F
Fortkevin2

Post by Fortkevin2 »

BuckeyeSgt wrote:Ok so I want to hear more about this Finn. I think we all hijacked his thread. :toast: :toast:
haha you guys did but that's ok. I appreciate all the help I can get! I thought I had posted a response but I guess it didn't post?

I guess what I should clarify is that when I said I'm new to Mosins...I have several but have no idea what they are! I plan to post them all in the next few days to get a better idea of what I have currently.

I apologize about that one random picture, I have since fixed the original post to show the correct receiver. Again, Thank you for your help so far. You guys are great!