Latest Swedw Mauser (Pic Heavy)

All collectible military bolt rifles are discussed here. From all countries around the world.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. Please read the rules at the top of each forum.
OLD OUTLAW

Latest Swedw Mauser (Pic Heavy)

Post by OLD OUTLAW »

Bought this one off GB. Collectors were not looking I guess. Some times it does happen.
All matching numbers. Even nose cap and rear barrel band. Only the cleaning rod doesn't. As is normal for the Swedes.
As soon as I got it home yesterday, I took it apart to see the stock number inside. It also matches this rifle.
Bore is like new. Can't get much better than this!

Happiness is owning Swedish Mausers!
tjtM38

Re: Latest Swedw Mauser (Pic Heavy)

Post by tjtM38 »

A really beautiful rifle; congrats! :D
martin08

Post by martin08 »

Where is the art in today's firearm manufacturing? The beauty of a gun like that causes a little watering to well up in the eyes.
No words of wisdom come to mind at this time....
MN Fan

Post by MN Fan »

Damn Steve, that is nice. Well done my friend. It doesn't get much better than that one! :clap:
Cocked, locked and ready to rock...
desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

Such a beautiful gun :wow: I am with Martin on this one :Drool1: :vcool:
The commerce which maybe carried on with the people inhabiting the line you will pursue renders a knowledge of these people important ~Thomas Jefferson~ (to- Lewis and Clark)
redspoon

Post by redspoon »

Dang that blue chair again... its held more nice rifles that I probably ever will :vsad: very nice Outlaw :toast:
pacanis

Post by pacanis »

Nice snag :thumbsup:
You see in this world there are two kinds of people my friend, those with loaded guns... and those who dig. You dig.
millman
Administrator
Administrator

Post by millman »

Sweet! How many is that now?
“Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.” George Orwell, English novelist, essayist, and critic, 1903-1950

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C. S. Lewis
OLD OUTLAW

Post by OLD OUTLAW »

This is just the second one. Be interesting to see how this one shoots compared to the Oberndorf.
Greasemonkey

Post by Greasemonkey »

redspoon wrote:Dang that blue chair again... its held more nice rifles that I probably ever will :vsad: very nice Outlaw :toast:
The blue chair must be his lucky charm :lol: Nice one Steve :thumbsup:
I said I was an addict. I didn't say I had a problem.
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

:vcool: :vcool: :vcool:
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
millman
Administrator
Administrator

Post by millman »

OLD OUTLAW wrote:This is just the second one. Be interesting to see how this one shoots compared to the Oberndorf.
Have you worked up any loads yet?
“Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.” George Orwell, English novelist, essayist, and critic, 1903-1950

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C. S. Lewis
Shawnc

Post by Shawnc »

:Drool1: :Drool1: I'm thinking a Swede is on my short list...
Food for five years. A thousand gallons of gas. Air filtration. Water filtration. Geiger counter. Bomb shelter...underground goddamn monsters?!
etprescottazusa91

Post by etprescottazusa91 »

The Swedes had fine mausers and that's a fine example of one.
"Fast is fine, But accuracy is everything" Wyatt Earp

"This year will go down in history. For the first time, a civilized nation has full gun registration. Our streets will be safer, our police more efficient, and the world will follow our lead into the future!"
Adolph Hitler – 1933
bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bunkysdad »

Oh what a super find. This has to be the finest of the fine in the Mauser world. This is just too beautiful to be military.
lonewolf

Post by lonewolf »

martin08 wrote:Where is the art in today's firearm manufacturing? The beauty of a gun like that causes a little watering to well up in the eyes.
art is when the guns where hand made now days it like there run off a copy machine cookie cutter one in the same all the same.
Success is how high you bounce when you hit bottom (George S. Patton)
Darryl
Sniper Expert
Sniper Expert

Post by Darryl »

I don't know a terrible lot about Mausers (well some), but I can see the beauty in that rifle.

Very nice looking rifle for sure. Nice score. 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-)

Dolk
OLD OUTLAW

Post by OLD OUTLAW »

millman wrote:
OLD OUTLAW wrote:This is just the second one. Be interesting to see how this one shoots compared to the Oberndorf.
Have you worked up any loads yet?

Took it out to the range on Tuesday. Shot real high of course due to the "0" front sight. But, it turns out to be a tack driver! My old eyes using
blended trifocal glasses at 100 yards with Privi FMJ gave me groupings of three I could not believe possible. I can only focus clearly on one of the
two sights. Still, 3 round groups with Privi of less than 2". And this was the first time I ever took it out. Just shot it resting on an upside down stool with on old blanket over it. It shoots as good or better than my Remington 700 rifles in .270!
pacanis

Post by pacanis »

Yeah, when the LGS gave me one of those exploding targets that come in a jar the size of a small jar of olives he was watching the vid and asked what I shot it with. I told him 6.55 Swede. He looked at me and asked, You shot this at 100 yards with iron sights? I said, Well it was my M96 :D
I'd like to find a decent 96/38. Or another M96. Or both :thumbsup:
You see in this world there are two kinds of people my friend, those with loaded guns... and those who dig. You dig.
OLD OUTLAW

Post by OLD OUTLAW »

I'm on the hunt now. The next 96 or 38 that I find in really good condition with a nice barrel will be mine. :biggrin: