My First M91/30

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
angelsfanbp

My First M91/30

Post by angelsfanbp »

I fired my first M91/30 on Sunday and fell in love!!! Monday I bought my first M91/30. 1937 from Izhevsk. Spent the last 2 days cleaning her up and here are the pics.
1.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by angelsfanbp on Wed Feb 29, 2012 3:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have.” Thomas Jefferson
http://www.RifleGuru.com How To Videos
1937 Izhevsk M91/30 Round
1939 Tula M91/30 Ex Sniper
desdem12

Re: My First M91/30

Post by desdem12 »

Sweet :vcool: a nice looker too. My first one was 37 Izhevsk also. :clap: :clap:
The commerce which maybe carried on with the people inhabiting the line you will pursue renders a knowledge of these people important ~Thomas Jefferson~ (to- Lewis and Clark)
Screwdriver

Post by Screwdriver »

Man....she is nice looking! And it looks like she has a good home.....

Take some advice...never sell her. In your old age, you will regret it.
1943 M38 Ishevsk
1944 M44 Ishevsk
1938 91/30 Tula
angelsfanbp

Post by angelsfanbp »

I can't put it down. Every time I hold it I can imagine the places it's been and things it's seen. I will be getting a few more soon!!!
“A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have.” Thomas Jefferson
lonewolf

Post by lonewolf »

you cant stop at one lol :lol: :lol: :lol:

Success is how high you bounce when you hit bottom (George S. Patton)
redspoon

Post by redspoon »

Nice one Angelsfan :thumbsup: good looking pre-war refurb very sharp and crisp markings also. :toast:
angelsfanbp

Post by angelsfanbp »

I know most of the marks - Soviet Crest / Izhevsk / Date of Manufacture

But does anybody know what the "2" is over the serial number means or
I think it in the Soviet "N" in the upper left corner mean?

Thanks
ditchtiger

Post by ditchtiger »

You put it on the floor! :no:
Only French rifles are found at ground level. :lol:
angelsfanbp

Post by angelsfanbp »

good one ditchtiger! I'll have to remember that one!
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

ditchtiger wrote:You put it on the floor! :no:
Only French rifles are found at ground level. :lol:
I own French rifle's ditchtiger, none of them are on the floor, French soldiers died bravely by the millions in two world wars and several small ones, it's not their fault if they had crap leadership. Read up on the battle of Verdun, and the Great War as a whole, France was bled white in that war, have some respect.

Great looking 1937 Izhevsk, I had trouble finding this date when I was collecting year by year for each arsenal, took me two years to turn it up if I recall. Welcome to the forum :vcool: :vcool: :vcool:
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
angelsfanbp

Post by angelsfanbp »

no one meant anything by that comment Junk Yard Dog - Frances history is full of hard fought wars.....they have, as you put, had crap leadership.....that's where the joke comes in to play!
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

I know, but I always point it out anyway, I can remember a time when disrespect for a culture, or a people translated into disrespect for their milsurps as well. At one time milsurps such as Lebels, Berthiers, Carcano's, and especially Japanese Arisakas were given to me, sometimes in terrible shape because their owners considered them to be junk because of their feelings about the peoples who made them. For years such rifles fell victim to Bubba by the thousands, today this trend is reversing and we are seeing these rifles sell for good money on GB, but it took a long time to get them there. I use the Tigers comment as an opportunity to remind us all how times have changed, and how not long ago the Mosin was also on that list of rifles it was OK to bubba because it was just a piece of commie junk.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
Sgt. Rob

Post by Sgt. Rob »

Very Nice 91/30, I really like the crisp clean markings, and the "2" over the SN is interesting, don't think I have seen that before. :thumbsup:

Semper Fi, Rob
My Mosin-Nagant arsenal.........is growing again
1938 Tula
1943 Izhevsk M91/30 PU Sniper
etprescottazusa91

Post by etprescottazusa91 »

Nice pre war 91/30, good looking rifle.
"Fast is fine, But accuracy is everything" Wyatt Earp

"This year will go down in history. For the first time, a civilized nation has full gun registration. Our streets will be safer, our police more efficient, and the world will follow our lead into the future!"
Adolph Hitler – 1933